how to beat the winter blues or the .... whatever: treat yo’self edition
just making a little master post because i know how easy it is to get into this kind of rut in the winter. and i know how easy it is to feel depressed and blue and all of that, so i wanted to share my personal tips for feeling better. if you had a bad day, i highly recommend all of this.
- step one: run a hot bubble bath. like, scalding water. put candles all along your tub. drop in some lush products. don’t know what lush is? google it, my lovely followers. order yourself some bath bombs and bubble bars and lotions and face masks. got any christmas candy? bring it to the tub with you. like to read books? bring a new one to the tub with you.
seriously. you will not regret it.
- okay so after a nice long soak, now that you’re all perfumed and lotioned and oily and clean, get out of the tub. you can’t live in the bathtub. i tried, it doesn’t work, eventually u gotta charge ur phone. etc.
- step two: make yourself a drink. and a snack. (if you’re of age/i don’t care if youre of age/do what you want) put lots of ice in it so its really cold and have it in your favorite glass. and drink it with a straw, because that makes it more fun. add little fruit garnishes and shit. or little sprinkles around the rim, or salt or sugar. or vegetables, if youre into savory drinks. TREAT YOSELF. have fun with it. it doesn’t have to have alcohol, just make yourself a really tasty drink ok?? hot cocoa, expresso, tea with honey and lemon. whatever makes you smile. whatever floats your boat baby.
- step three: the snack. it can be a healthy snack if you’re into that or it can be some comfort food. shit, it doesn’t even have to be a snack! order takeout if you like. this is all about treating yourself, so make yourself something really delicious that you know will make you happy. like I’m having roasted almonds because that’s what i feel like tonight. the really good kind with salt and garlic. fucking delicious. i might have some cheese with the almonds. because cheese is also fucking delicious.
- step four: netflix. now you can watch whatever you want, and as a pll blog i should probably recommend that you watch pll. but no. i am going to recommend something else.
- it’s set in the beautiful city of manhattan. ok, manhattan is the island. whatever. new york city tho. it’s beautiful and everything is luxurious and you can live vicariously through everyone.
- it’s like PLL, but better.
- hot guys. hot girls. great plots. lots of drama. a little sex. anD THE FASHION DEAR GOD. and lovable characters.
- blair waldorf for example. she is everything.
- chace. CRAWFORD. aka nate archibald. oh my god.
Trust me, you won’t regret it. Enjoy your snack. Enjoy your drink. BINGE WATCH GOSSIP GIRL. And enjoy being all clean smelling. all of these things are a very good cure for whatever’s ailing you. i mean, they won’t fix the flu, but they are a good way to feel better on a monday night.
just wanted to share this with everyone, i hope youre all doing well. i love each of you little babies. if you want, inbox me with your tips for how to get over a bad day and ill share them with everyone.
ps: if youre new to gossip girl and love it after watching, let me know. trust me… its amazing. its everything you wanted PLL to be.