- I.. You look.. Wow.
- You said you didn’t get me anything.
- Yeah. Obviously I lied. So you’re leaving with Sebastian?
- Yes. And before you say anything
- He seems like a great guy. I tried to find some dirt on him but I couldn’t. Are you excited?
- I am.
- Good. You should be. You deserve something that inspires you, something that makes your heart race.
- I had that.
- I love you.
- I want to be with you for the rest of time, and that’s exactly what I intend to do, because happily ever after it’s real. And we’re gonna find it, together.
- So you think the fact that you love me, that’s supposed to change things?
- Do you realize that when I told you that I love you, you told me you don’t do relationships, and you broke up with me?
- You never said you loved me.
- On Christmas. In that letter. The most girly, vulnerable, stupid, pathetic love letter I’ve ever written, and I must have checked that library a thousand goddamn times, and every damn time I hated mys- Why are you smiling right now?
- Because you look like a princess, but you don’t sound like one. Uh I never got that letter. If I- If I had, I never could’ve left.
- But you did. You could have been honest with me, told me the truth, and we could have worked it out together. And now I have a chance to do something great.
- I’m not asking you to stay. I- I want you to stay, or I want to go with you, but I want you to be exactly who you want to be. And I know that being with me’s not easy, but you’d be you’d be bored if it was too easy.
- No. I want easy. Okay? I want comfortable and I want calm. And Sebastian is.
- But he’s not the guy for you. I am.
- I came through the fire and it was so hard, ‘cause I was so in love with you. Jasper, I can’t do it again.
- I know I hurt you. I’m not expecting you to just run back into my arms, but.. if you leave this palace behind, don’t leave us behind. You’re my girl, Princess. And I’m gonna love you no matter what.
Summary: The reader and Barry attend the reader’s sister’s wedding
“Hey Barry?” I say running my fingers through his hair. His hums in response as his eyes flick up from the tv. “You’re free tomorrow, right?” I ask and grab the remote to mute the tv. He furrows his brows thinking and replies “Um yeah, I have no plans. Why?”. I trace my finger along the bridge of his nose and say “Just making sure. We have a wedding to go to”. He sits putting his arm around my shoulders. “A wedding?” he questions, glancing down at me. I turn to him nodding and say “Yup. It’s my sister’s wedding. We have to pack tomorrow, we’re staying at the hotel Saturday night. I’ll help you pick out what to wear later. We have to be at the hotel early so I have time to get ready. Also, don’t go to bed too late tonight. I don’t want you tired at the wedding”. Barry chuckles, nodding his head and says “Sounds good” then leans down to peck my lips and un-mutes the tv.
I apply one last spritz of hairspray and check over my makeup once again and finally decided that I am satisfied. I walk out of the bathroom wearing my bathrobe only to find Barry, still in his sweatpants, laying on the hotel bed. I grab his suit and my dress from the closet and lay them on the bed. Barry grabs his outfit and quickly changes into them as I remove my dress from the bag carefully. I take off my robe and step into the dress and Barry steps behind me to zip it up for me. I turn to face him and take in how incredible he looks in his suit. He smiles at me and says “Y/n, you look amazing”. I laugh and fix his tie before saying “You don’t look too bad yourself”. I glance over at the clock and say “We better head downstairs”. Barry nods but as I am about to walk to the door, he grabs my hand and pulls me in so he can give me a soft kiss.
Everyone applauds for my sister and her new husband as the music starts for the couples first dance. “She’s looks so happy” I whisper quietly to Barry as he reaches out and grabs my hand. We watch the happy couple for a moment and then a voice came over the speaker inviting everyone else to the dance floor. Barry stands up, pulling me with him, and says “You wanna dance?” I smile and nod and we walk onto the dance floor. My arms wrap loosely around his neck and his arms snake around my waist, pulling me in close to him. Dancing with Barry always felt safe, being held so tightly by the person you love most. I close my eyes and rest my head on his shoulder as we sway to the song, wishing this feeling would never have to go away.
After dancing for hours, the wedding is over and we are back in the hotel room, in our pajamas. I hop onto the bed and settle in next to Barry, who grabs my hand and laces it with his. He looks at me and says “I had a great time. That was a lot of fun”. I smile and say “Yeah it was”. Barry turns to me suddenly and says “I want our wedding to be like that. Fun and exciting and beautiful”. “Our wedding? Barry Allen, are you saying you want to marry me?” I joke. Barry rolls his eyes playfully at me before saying “Well obviously I want to marry you. I don’t know if you’ve noticed but I’m kind of completely and utterly in love with you. You’re the greatest thing that’s ever happened to me. I’m not proposing or anything, but I would like to one day”. I move my free hand to his cheek and lean in to kiss him. He let’s go of my hand and rests his hands on my waist, kissing me back. We break apart and I smile saying “I am so totally in love with you Barry. And just for the record, I would love to marry you some day. You are definitely the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me”. Barry smiles and kisses me and we lay down. I feel two strong arms wrap around my torso and I snuggle into Barry’s chest. We both mumble quiet I love you’s and good night’s and Barry kisses the top of my head. We slip into sleep, both thinking about our future wedding.