because @mad-madam-m posted domestic prompts and #14 just spoke to me.
The footage is shaky, veering wildly between a pile of unopened moving boxes and Derek’s unamused face.
“Don’t you dare,” Derek warns. The camera zooms out from his glare to show that he’s shirtless and framed by the doorway of a bare kitchen. His arms are crossed and there’s a barely visible scrap of orange and blue cloth peeking out from under his arm. The rest of it is clenched in his fist.
“I won’t laugh, I swear.” Stiles’ voice, coming from somewhere off camera. He doesn’t sound convincing. When Derek just glares: “I’m serious. Scout’s honor.”
“You were never a boy scout,” Derek mutters, but it’s mild, and he’s already pulling on the shirt.
And the shirt. Well.
On camera, Derek glares, lifts both hands up in a gesture that says, See?
Stiles lasts for only two seconds before cracking up. “Oh my god. Der. It’s so much worse than I remember.”
The shirt would have been small on Derek a few years ago. Now, it’s just ridiculous. It rides up on the bottom, exposing a good inch of stomach. The buttons at the neckline gap. More than one looks ready to pop off under the slightest stress. By the way Derek tries and fails three times in a row to cross his arms in front of his chest, it’s obviously a strain just to move in it.
The fact that the shirt’s ugly as hell doesn’t help.
The footage shakes again, then focuses on a rule floor as Stiles howls off screen. “You look like the hulk! Even your muscles have muscles.”
Derek grumbles something unintelligible. Then, to the tune of more laughter, there’s a loud rip.
“Oh for the love of– I can’t– Stiles. Help me get this thing off.”
“Oh I’ll help you get it off, buddy. Don’t you– hey!”
There’s a loud squawk and clatter as the camera falls to the floor. The last thing to be seen is an upside-down image of Derek stalking down the hall, Stiles draped inelegantly over his shoulder. Their laughter follows them, fading out until there’s nothing left but the hum of a new fridge.
The Mediterranean. Sleep again, and at last the pink vin rose light of dawn along the back of the hills in a strange country. Red earth, orange tiled villas in yellow and peach and aqua, and the blast, the blue blast of the sea on the right. The Cote d'Azur. A new country, a new year: spiked with green explosions of palms, cacti sprouting vegetable octopuses with spiky tentacles, and the red sun rising like the eye of God out of a screaming blue sea.
Excerpt from The Unabridged Journals of Sylvia Plath
“Those are called Ironshell Crabs. I’ve read that cooking them into dishes can strengthen the body’s durability!”
“Is that so? Hylians certainly are a resourceful bunch. Still, I’d rather have my hardiness built in; not many enemies will let you take a snack break before battle, Princess.”
Holy crap there’s like 2k of you dorks following me now! Hope you like Zelda and Urbosa, cuz to celebrate after the cut I have both of these seperated into transparent stand alone images~ (Well, Urbosa’s alone - Zelda’s having a nice convo with the crab~). Love ya’ll!
PS: I love these designs but MY GOD SO MANY DETAILS EVERYWHERE!
Edit: Going to edit the backround colors later today probably~ keep looking at it and its just a bit off from what I want~ Done! more blue now to balance things out~
I see prompts are open yay! Please tell me all about Ford finding out about Bitty and Jack.
is interesting, because I don’t feel like it’d be an announcement, but just
something Ford finds out when Jack visits or the like. I mean, it could go the
other way, like Lardo could be, “heads up, Bitty’s dating our ex-captain” and
Ford would be like, “okay? why are you telling me?” (She’s a theatre background,
what is a Bad Bob to her?) I think she’d be pretty chill with it, and coming
from theatre, like being gay is not an issue, esp in college (and even at the
professional level) and esp if we go with the oft reblogged “Ford is gay”
is a small fic that is only half based on the above…
checks the dozens of pages Lardo has given her for the upcoming roadie. She
thought dealing with dressing room allocation was hard (and it is, one hundred
percent) but figuring out room allocations is somehow worse, particularly when
she’s new, and hockey players are more superstitious than the girl who played
Johanna in Sweeney.
was it I’m meant to pair Oliver with?” Ford asks, grabbing for the red pen
she’d stuck into her bun earlier. She comes out with a green one. It’ll do.
But really, he’d be fine with any of the guys in his year.”
makes a note on one of the pages. “Okay, then I think I’m–Oh, shit.”
it?” Lardo looks up from her sketchbook.
double checks through all her sheets before she says anything. She’s not
worrying, because there’s no time for that, she’s just already hating the
amount of extra work she’ll need to do to fix things.
left Eric, um, Bitty,” Ford corrects herself, still getting used to hockey
nicknames, “off the rooming list.”
Nah, you’re good.”
Lardo goes back to her drawing. “He stays with his boyfriend when we’re
playing up there.”
He’s in Providence. And he’ll drive Bitty to the games and practices and stuff. Should’ve emailed you that. My bad.”
“That’s fine.” Ford grabs another pen from her hair, forgetting she already has one in
front of her. It’s red this time. “Just thought I was going to have to redo an
entire afternoon’s worth of work.”
Lardo says. “I can see why the minor freak out.”
you, I did not freak out.” It’s half a lie. Ford has so many notes on these
sheets, but she’s not freaking out, she’s managing. It’s all part of it.
Lardo looks up and smiles at her. “Knew you’d be fine at this.”
takes the compliment with a gracious nod, and goes back to ticking off the rooming
list against the team names. All accept Eric.
- cue insecure Lance. You know that original story of the little mermaid where each step she took was like a thousand pinpricks of sharp needles on her feet, and she danced and danced all night long, ignoring the pain because she was dancing with her prince, and to turn herself into sea foam instead of killing her prince in exchange for her tail back? Yeah, that was totally Lance.
- he jokes around, making everybody laugh, annoys the hell out of Pidge and Keith… he becomes the Lance that the team needed. Not a sharp shooter. Not a capable fighter. Not a strategist. Not a good pilot. Not a person destined to be a defender of the universe. No, Lance became the jester. He became the person that changes the atmosphere when it was too serious or overbearing through ridicule and self deprication hidden beneath a clown mask.
- he convinced himself that that was his role to play and he was good at it. ‘Smile, Lance. The team needs an emotional punching bag and you got the short straw so suck it up.’ He says to himself when they’re in the common room and everyone paired up: Keith and Shiro all curled up in the sofa, whispering things to each other only they can hear; Hunk and Pidge huddled up in one corner tinkering and discussing robotics and the necessary code needed to make the thing work; Allura and Coran discussing diplomatic and trade advantages of the planet they will be visiting. And where was Lance, you ask? He was there, standing in one corner of the room wondering where he’ll sit. Just like high school all over again, oh where should the foreign student sit? The couple’s table? The nerd table? The class president’s table?
- They were about to land on the planet’s surface when they saw hundreds upon hundreds of Galra ships already waiting for them.
- They couldn’t form Voltron so close to the planet’s atmosphere for there may be collateral damage. So the Lions tried to lure the Galra ships away from the planet but it didn’t work. The Galra won this fight, thought Lance as he tried to clear an escape for the other paladins.
- But Shiro didn’t give up. He fought and he fought until he was surrounded by Galran forces. Shiro was caught and Keith screamed as his heart broke into a million pieces.
-Lance was the one who brought back the Black Lion but was unsuccessful to retrieve Shiro.
- The team was a mess, and Lance was there to take the punches. They blamed him for not fighting hard enough, for not making a clear exit for them, for not bringing Shiro back, for not taking the mission seriously… he took it all in.
- But despite everything, Lance was there to comfort his friends. He helped Pidge in completing her prototype, helped Hunk figure out the mechanics of Pidge’s invention, helped Coran in the castle’s maintenance, helped Allura broaden her search parameters, and lastly helped Keith mend his broken heart.
- He felt sick taking advantage of an emotionally vulnerable Keith but he was emotionally beaten too. Keith sought Lance’s humor to take some of the pain away and Lance was happy to oblige.
- Small touches turned to hugs and cuddles. Pecks on the cheeks turned to hot make out sessions, and eventually turned to sex. Lance indulged himself to enjoy these moments with Keith despite the Little Mermaid in him.
- But it didn’t las long.
- One night, after they cleaned up, Keith refused Lance to cuddle him. They sat on opposite sides of the bed and Keith decided to stop whatever they were doing. That Keith’s conscience can’t take it anymore, that he still firmly loved Shiro, and that he thought Lance could take Shiro’s place. He confessed that he sometimes- if not all the time- imagined Lance as Shiro and that he couldn’t so it anymore.
- To be honest, Lance already expected this but he didn’t know that it would hurt this bad. He allowed himself to feel love and gave love more than he should. He should know by now that it would bite him in the ass someday…
-Lance’s heart was beyond repair, so broken that the jagged little pieces no longer fit. He failed in making a clear exit, he failed as a Paladin, and he failed to make Keith happy.
- Lance snuck out that night, grabbing rations from the kitchen and said goodbye to Blue before buckling himself down in one of the fighter jets in the hangar.
- When they woke up the next day, Lance was gone. They checked the cameras and saw Lance take off into the night.
- They were now searching for two paladins of Voltron. They later found out what Lance did to the team’s dynamic, that without him the room is just cold and lonely…
- Days turned to weeks, turned to months, and still no Lance or Shiro.
- it was on day 253 when one beat up space ship crash landed on the castle’s hangar and there emerged Lance…
- he was bleeding profusely on one leg, limping as he shouldered most of Shiro’s weight who was equally as wounded. They were both battered and bruised, all violet, blue and broken bones. It was no mystery that Keith was the first one on the hangar, the first to rush towards them… and it was definitely not a mystery that Keith rushed to Shiro’s side.
- They were escorted back to the castle, but between the crying and the worrying, Lance was able to stealthily slip out of their grasps and limped his way to another fighter jet.
- when they were back in the castle ship, they noticed that Lance wasn’t there. They looked and looked and then realized that Lance flew a fighter het alone, heavily injured, and they have no clue as to why.
- Little do they know that he was captured by the Galra too… that after months of torture and illusions, Lance finally made a deal with Haggar: to let him deliver Shiro to the castle ship and in exchange, take Shiro’s place as their prisoner. Lance thought that it was a good idea for his friends needed Shiro. They needed a leader not a jester.
whew… i was feeling a little down and needed an outlet. Sorry for the Langst?
How the fuck Steven stays compassionate is beyond me
I’d be cursing out these guys tbh.
“Fuck you, Yellow Zircon, look up what fucking niche is.”
“What kind of justice is this!??”
“Jesus Christ, why am I even on tRIAL”
“My sword doesn’t fucking cut gems, CHECK YOUR FACTS”
“If we weren’t so fucking bitter and shitty we wouldn’t be here.”
“Fuck you to you walking traffic cone.”
“I look nothing like Rose Quartz and ya’ll don’t question anything, no fuckign wonder one of ya’ll got shattered.”
“White Diamond has the right fucking idea, no one would spend 5,000 years fucking crying. Like, you haven’t even finished the stages of grief after this fucking long.”
“And the fact that you think that Rose Quartz doesn’t have insiders on Homeworld is beyond me.”
“At least this Zircon is acTUALLY QUESTION THE FUCKING FACTS.”
“It has been thousands of years and you have yet to figure out that this type of empire will fucking crash and burn??? LIke, you aren’t even self sufficient. You are fucked??? One civil war and bOOM BYE BYE HOMESHITS.”
“And that fact that you guys can shatter anyone whenever you wish but you have an actual court system is beyond me, like you are above the goddamn law.”
“Surprise bitch, you’ve been dooped, I’m a human being!!! And ya’ll are too stupid to question these things because you are blinded for your need of BS revenge.”
“Ya’ll don’t learn from your fucking mistakes and you only repeat these stupid mistakes. Like jesus christ, you want another fucking rebellion because that’s what you stupid rocks are doing.”
“I mean, you do not fact check, you can kill on whims, you are perfect for no good reason, you tyrants, you do not run a stable government, like, you really want to this to crash and fucking burn”
“Beep, beep, motherfucker, imma stealing this fucking shit.”
Kaiba thinks his dragons are better than Yami’s dragons. They aren’t allowed to play with each other :( The Blue Eyes fam is really curious though.
In a world where Yami missed the boat to spirit land (more like something went wrong but nvm) and he gets his own body I would imagine he would try to separate his and Yugi’s identities. I feel that he’d be a bit more conservative than Yugi and also wouldn’t wear a billion belts. more on this when I finish something just for this topic. Main point is for this picture, i couldn’t deside weather he looked better with or not so here’s both versions