Couple of thoughts I had during this episode of Shadowhunters:
- Malec cuteness is so…cute! (They need to go on that date already!)
- I have no idea where Marrakes is, I think it’s in Morocco? but it’s just like Magnus to be like let’s portal to a whole other country for dinner and I ain’t mad at that.
- “My dear Raj, you looking well” translation, remember when I made you look like a punk ass bitch last week?“ Cause I do. And so does everyone else.
- I caught that smirk Alec. He knows!
- Clary taking that swerve from Jace out on her mom. Girl chill. Remember when she was so set on waking up her mom in s1? Guess that’s over, LOL.
- Alec is so resigned to Clary at this point and it’s never not funny.
- “Hey Fray!” You know, Alec was so hoping Clary would leave to Idris. You know, he was. Ha!
- For 7 decades Raphael looks good.
- Victor must die! Someone make that movie poster!
Protect Raphael Santiago at all costs!!!!
- Okay, Alec. Try to be a little more comforting to the mundane.
- Luke & Jocelyn are cute! Is this the 1st time they’ve kissed?
- Lydia to Raj: remember that time Magnus made you look like a punk ass bitch? Keep talking, he won’t be the only one. (Insert “shut up Raj!” from Izzy. LOL)
Magnus and Raphael! In a scene. Together!
- Victor must die!
- That almost fight between Simon and Raphael was hot. But I don’t think Simon can take him tbh
Awww! How many Saphael’s are getting their lives this week, cause they held hands??? I see you and I feel you.
- Maryse continues to be the worst. Even when she’s not in this episode.
OK I did lol at that last raj line.
- Go Lydia!!!
- The only redeeming quality to Camille’s character so far has been saving Magnus’ life
- Jocelyn isn’t dead. ….right?
- Wait is Alec possessed or not?
- All this talk of children. Magnus calling Raphael his son. Basically talking about how he adopts these downworlders. Camille bringing up Alec. I see the foreshadowing, and I am here for it!
- And this bitch tried to encanto him and use his deepest fear against him- I’m glad Magnus sent her ass packing.
- We’re gonna get a lot of Valentine speeches this season, aren’t we?
- Bye hodge. oh well.
- When is someone gonna save Dorothea?
- Looks like Izzy is holding in some resentment. Not surprised. Her mother sucks.
I’m gonna be perfectly honest and say that outside Jace returning to the institute, I felt nothing in the last scene of the ep. It was all a bit anticlimactic for me. I didn’t think Jocelyn was really dead in the beginning, I thought it was just a trick and now that I’m finding out she is really dead, I kinda don’t care? I mean they didn’t even show that scene where Alec kills her or when he got possessed in the 1st place. The last we saw was Jocelyn possessed and then she’s dead, and that’s it. It was weird.
I’m hoping next week they’re going somewhere with this, that’s not "oh let’s try to find a way to resurrect our mom jace” cause that’s predicable and just why??? Why would this story line be necessary after last year?
There was no emotional follow through for me personally. I honestly expected more of a reaction from both Clary and Alec. 1st when she saw her mother on the floor and then later and Alec, after he saw that video footage. They really could have ended the episode at Clary finding her mom’s body,and that would have been better imo. I just feel like something was missing from this one.