I could physically feel you losing interest in me. Our 3 a.m. conversations had turned into 3 minute chats. Everything was surface level, and it absolutely broke my heart because I wanted nothing more than to have you back in my life. I felt like screaming at you to just Speak to me, but I knew it was futile. Sometimes no matter how much two people want to make it work, it’s not meant to happen.
Losing a Friend Hurts so Much// a Excerpts From a Book I’ll Never Write
There are 365 days in a year
And you and I both know from many unfortunate personal experiences,
That not all of those days will be good.
For some, the majority of those days will be a breeze
For others, each day will be a trial.
The world is a difficult place.
The world is an interesting place.
I am here to give you a few reminders
To keep up with this trying world we live in.
1. Follow your own heart and dreams. Don’t ever let anyone else tell you what you can or can’t do.
2. If you want something enough, you will find a way to make it happen.
3. You will meet people who hate you, and you will meet people who love you, and you will meet people who you think love you. Don’t be fooled. Some people are just passing by in your story called life. They’re there to teach you something, so always be aware.
4. Always remember that bad things and situations you don’t like will end. It may take minutes, hours, days, or years, but never forget that they will end eventually. You can get through anything.
5. You are your own person, not anyone else’s. Don’t let people take control of you and change your beautiful self.
6. The people in your life who make you giggle and smile in the darkest of times are ones you need to keep with you forever. There is always the potential for hard times, and you’ll need someone to cheer you on.
7. You do not have to live up to any standards or expectations. Family and peers and society are constantly telling us that we have to be a certain way, or else we aren’t good enough. Tune out of that thinking and just be yourself. That’s the best thing you can be.
8. Don’t be afraid to step outside of your comfort zone. Being out of the box can bring on so many amazing new opportunities you never even thought existed.
9. A lot is going to happen to you during your lifetime, so let yourself feel anything and everything. Always feel as much as you can. It makes you experience things at a higher level and you can say, “Yes I know this feeling. I’ve been here before.”
10. A good cry cleanses the heart and mind and soul.
11. Appreciate the small things. They can teach you to love and be at peace with everything around you.
12. It’s okay to take a break from everyday duties once in a while.
13. Travel whenever possible, it opens the mind. Go on adventures in new places and learn about the world. You will come back a new person.
14. Get up the courage to talk to strangers. That’s how you meet people. Who knows, the next person you meet could end up being your new best friend.
15. Stand in the rain and breathe in the wide open air and absorb everything you can about the earth.
16. Long walks are something that can clear the mind and resolve many issues.
17. It’s okay to lay in bed with a book all day.
18. Look out the window and watch the snow silently fall. It’s one of the most peaceful and relaxing things you can do.
19. Remember that everyone is living their very own life with their own problems, so always be kind and respect others.
20. Keep and open mind and listen to people’s thoughts. You might discover more than you think.
21. You are not defined by your weight or skin color or career or the number of friends you have or your grades in school or your decisions. You are so much more than that.
22. Everyone makes mistakes in life, so don’t judge a person based on their decisions.
23. Keep your own limits and morals. Don’t give them up for anyone.
24. Live a little. Be spontaneous and experience all that you possibly can.
25. Aim to live a life that you will be proud of and content with when you’re 90 years old.
26. Things in life will tear you down, but time heals everything.
27. Rumors don’t help anyone. Don’t start or spread them.
28. Your soulmate is out there in the world searching for you too. Don’t lose hope. You’ll find each other one day.
29. Treat yourself once in a while.
30. Random acts of kindness can make someone’s day and it can make you feel good too.
31. You’re going to have to work if you want to live a truly happy life. Don’t cheat or make someone else do the work for you. That will only make an unfulfilled and empty life for you in the end.
32. Be proud of everything you do.
33. Self love never hurt anyone.
34. Find things to look forward to. It will keep you excited and more hopeful for the bright future.
35. Leave a piece of you in every place you go and with every person you meet.
36. Always listen to people. Everyone just wants to be heard and understood and feel like they matter to someone.
37. Do what is best for you in the long run, even if it hurts at first.
38. Love with all your heart and soul at every opportunity.
39. Never settle for less. You deserve the best and whatever makes you truly happy.
40. Don’t feel bad if someone doesn’t like you. It’s their loss because they won’t get to experience your magnificent presence.
41. Never fear love. Love can make you grow and blossom and teach you so much. Don’t fear it, but proceed with caution. Broken hearts will heal with time, but they are never fun.
42. Dancing silly to your favorite songs will guarantee some giggles and smiles.
43. Always sing in the shower, and when you’re home alone, sing as loud as you can.
44. Put effort into everything you do. It makes it all worthwhile and you feel better about it in the end. You can reflect and say “Look at this. I’m proud.”
45. Exercise makes you feel good and you’ll feel accomplished too. Try it sometime.
46. You are beautiful exactly how you are. Don’t deny yourself of your own loveliness.
47. You may not be perfect, because no one is, but you’re hella radiant, which is near perfection.
48. To grow as a person and expand your mind and soul, learn at least one new thing everyday.
49. Don’t beat yourself up about things you have no control over.
50. Happiness is not a goal or a point on a map. It is a state of being that everyone deserves.
Now my friend, I hope you can carry these things with you in your heart
Because every time you are down
You can always get back up.
Every time you are afraid
The fear won’t last forever.
This world and the people in it may knock you down
But you need to keep getting back up.
You have to.
Live, live, live.
Live your dream life. Make things happen.
It will be hard and it may seem hopeless and pointless sometimes,
But just remember that things really do get better.
The world is a difficult place.
The world is a beautiful place.
But only if you believe it to be.
My friend texted me late one night and was wondering 10 reasons to keep living. This is what I told her.
sometimes nights will feel cold and empty when there’s no reason for it. live for these nights. embrace them. dance in them. do what you need to feel complete again, make tea, watch movies, write poetry and wear your prettiest pajamas. and when they are over, rejoice because you made yourself feel whole again. you did that. live for the nights in which you heal yourself.
words have more power than you think. they can save you. you need to live to see these beautiful words that will come, and sometimes they’ll come to you in the form of songs or poetry or texts or even the words that come out of your own mouth. live for these words.
there’s no such thing as a stupid reason to stay alive. think of these reasons and hold onto them. you want to see the finale of your favorite show? you want to wait for that clothes order to arrive? you want to play your entire volleyball season? and when those little things to look forward to run out, find more. live for the tiny things that make you happy.
being “something” is easier than you think. passions come across when you’re not even expecting them. you love morning tea? live for those morning cups of tea. buy a teapot, get yourself a ton of flavors of tea. try every flavor of tea known to humankind. make your own tea. open a tea shop. make a tea kettle. live for your passions.
boredom is a dangerous thing. I know sometimes you want to lay in bed and do nothing, and sometimes that helps but more often it doesn’t. a lot of the time staying busy will be the only thing that will help. find those little distractions and live for them. they may seem like chores or busywork but you’ll grow to love them, I promise. paint your nails, try a ton of hairstyles, go through all your drawers and throw out old stuff, do 100 sit ups, spend an hour looking through all your music and create a master playlist of your favorite stuff, research things you’ve always wondered like ‘why do cats have whiskers’, look up motivational videos, watch interviews of your favorite band. you’ll feel productive. do anything to keep your hands and mind busy. live for being busy.
self-love is hard to achieve and it’s a lot of work but it’s so wonderful. learn to love yourself. stop rejecting compliments, accept them and maybe you’ll finally come to see them as true. self-love isn’t thinking that you’re perfect, it’s knowing that you’re human and beautiful and you have more prettiness in you than flaws. it’s also knowing that yes, you are beautiful on the outside in your own unique way, but you are more beautiful on the inside than anything. make it your mission to finally recognize that you are a good soccer player, that you have really pretty colored hair, that you are your own worst critic and you are full of stardust and fairy kisses and you can conquer the entire world. live for loving yourself.
people are not as fragile as you think. you keep watering yourself down and you’re receiving watered down love. it won’t hurt them if you show your entire self in all it’s glory. it won’t hurt them to tell them what you really think. you are full of comets, stars, galaxies that they should be dying to see. show who you truly are. and if people are too fragile to handle it? leave them. if they can’t handle the complete version of you, the you that makes you happiest, the you you’re not ashamed of, then they don’t deserve you. live for being yourself.
we are a flawed, broken people. life doesn’t have a meaning. the universe will end someday. people get sad and hurt every day. these are all things that are true, sad, but true. sometimes we just need to acknowledge that things are true, let ourselves feel what we feel, and move on. live for acknowledgement. but also…
we are a flawed, broken people but that makes us all the more beautiful. life doesn’t have a meaning but you can make one for yourself. the universe will end someday so we should make it as beautiful as we can before it leaves. people get sad and hurt every day but they get better. live for positivity, live for knowing that you’ll be okay.
once in a while it will seem like nothing is going right. it may seem that way right now. but remember that you always, always have someone, in good times and in bad. even if everyone else abandons you, I’ll be here. I will stand by you in your brightest days and your darkest days, in my stormy skies and in my sunshiny afternoons. I will be a shoulder for you to lean on, I will do my best to make you happy when I can and help you when you’re sad. live for the people that love you and make you happy. live for me, and the countless other people that want you to keep walking this beautiful earth. live because there is so much left to see, live because there is too much left to do. live because one day, you’ll be sitting at your kitchen table with sunlight streaming through the window at just the right angle with a cup of coffee and a gentle smile on your face, and you’ll have a wonderful job and a beautiful family and friends that love you with their entire hearts, and you’ll be so, so glad that you stayed alive to witness that very moment.
Also since I’m at it: I don’t have time for people who hate Gotham’s Edward for shooting Penguin like… what was he supposed to do? What would you rather have happened? He realizes that Oswald’s selfishness was “for love” and jumps on his dick? Would you, personally, have forgiven someone you trusted with your life, who murdered (premeditated, and killed with malice aforethought AND, even though Ed doesn’t know this, knew that it would greatly effect you to lose this person and even /planned/ to take advantage of that vulnerability in advance) the person you love, a person who accepted your past and represented a better future for you? Give me a break, he had it coming.
Mother’s Day is coming up and this is just my small reminder to please not assume everyone still has their mother because going through Mother’s Day without your mom is already hard enough and we don’t need it to be made harder by the people who come up to us asking about what we’re planning for our moms or giving us ideas for how to make our moms happy on that day etc.
Request: Could you do a Mark Tuan soulmate au fic please? I am absolute trash for them
Member: Got7′s Mark x Y/N
“Why are you trying to cover it up?” your mother sighed, folding another sweater before placing it into your suitcase.
“Because,” you grumbled, pawing through your underwear drawer. You were in no mood for her prying.
“That’s not an answer, Y/N,” she sighed, halting her folding to cross her arms. She tilted her head as she stared at you, expecting for your voice to break the silence.
She was sorely mistaken.
You continued your methodical work, plucking out your favorite undies and tossing them toward you bed.
“It’s going to be the first words he ever says to you, Y/N,” she said solemnly.
You rolled your eyes before spinning around and mirroring the same look she was giving you, but directed back at her. “Or she. Or it. Really one never knows.”
“Oh, stop being obnoxious,” she grumbled, picking up a t-shirt and beginning to fold.
“Learned from the best,” you muttered.
“What was that young lady?” your mother snapped in stereotypical matronly fashion. “Your father and I were kind enough to pay for this study abroad trip, we can also be stern enough to take it back.”
You continued folding in silence before sitting down, opening the very strategically placed rip in your jeans. You saw the dark outline of the words tattooed onto your skin that would determine your entire future.
It was odd how the universe chose to work.
How through time, nature took over things, things as complicated as soulmates. In middle school, most everyone’s parents had explained the idea of soulmates to them, or at least how they pertained to your lives. Shortly after hitting puberty, your bodies began to change. One very distinct change, was the black script that began to appear on your skin. The first words your soulmate would ever speak to you.
And that’s how you would know.
The words appeared anywhere on the body. You remembered laughing when your friends had to search for them. You recalled the moment when your father had to tug up his shirt to show you his, strategically placed on his lower back. “Do you want to split a fry?” And you remembered the smile on your mothers face when you saw her tattoo on her shoulder that read “I’ll split anything with you sweetheart.”
You sighed to yourself, fingering the hole in your jeans, moving it from side to side as you looked to your skin.
“Please stay quiet.”
You wondered if your soulmate’s skin just read “…”
“You need to talk to more girls hyung, that’s your problem,” BamBam muttered, plopping onto the practice room floor.
“Or boys,” Jackson nodded. “Why limit yourself?” He touched Jinyoung’s hand lightly, causing the younger boy to roll his eyes.
“Or just remain silent, say nothing to anyone,” Jinyoung grumbled.
“Aigoo, you love me!” Jackson gasped, setting his chin on Jinyoung’s shoulder and batting his eyelashes. He reached over, tracing the faint words on Jinyoung’s wrist.
“Really, Bam is right,” JInyoung sighed. “You can’t complain if you refuse to speak to anyone.”
“How did you find your soulmate?” Mark asked, turning to Jaebum. He was exasperated with the boys in front of him. Of course JInyoung and Jackson had found each other, but Youngjae and Jaebum had already found their soulmates as well. BamBam and Yugyeom were still on the hunt, making sure to speak to as many people as possible.
“At the bookstore,” Jaebum sighed, scrolling through his phone. “She was trying to buy the last copy of The Great Gatsby. I told her she could borrow it once I was through.”
“I bet she loved that,” Youngjae giggled.
Jaebum smirked, holding up his forearm to the rest of the boys. The tight script read “Prick.”
“Yeah, she loved that,” BamBam giggled, rolling his eyes. “What does your arm even say?”
Mark sighed, looking fondly down at his tanned arm. He held it close to his chest before looking up at the younger member. “You’ve seen it before, stop asking.”
“Aish! I’ve never seen the whole thing!” BamBam complained.
“Good,” Mark nodded, furrowing his eyebrows. “You would probably tell everyone in Seoul and I’d have a thousand soulmates.”
“Hahah, a thousand…seoul-mates?” Yugyeom cackled. “Get it hyung? Like Seoul, because that’s where we live and-”
“Yes,” Mark grumbled. “I get it.”
You wandered the streets of Seoul, a dorky smile plastered to your face. You had waited so long to be on this study abroad trip, it felt surreal that you were even there.
You took in a deep breath, enjoying the scents of the bakeries and restaurants around you. You felt like you were walking on air as your feet hit the pavement. Turning your head from side to side, you contemplated which shop you would visit next.
You heard the sound before you saw them coming. What seemed to be a stampede of teen girls followed a young man, not much older than you were. Breezing toward you in a hurricane of shrieks and giggles, you were rendered motionless, glued to your spot as they headed toward you. It had to have been a Korean pop idol, this was the only explanation for a spectacle such as this.
The man heading up the group caught you by the shoulder, spinning you toward a nearby alley as he turned. Your back landed with a thud against the brick of the building, flattening your body to it. He flattened himself beside you, bringing his fingers to his lips as he looked at you with wide eyes.
“Please stay quiet.”
You felt a wave of shock, relief, and fireworks erupt all at once. When you had originally seen those words painted so intricately on your thigh, you assumed they would have been said in a classroom setting, perhaps a library. They would be said by someone who was irritated by you, someone who genuinely didn’t care to hear your voice in whatever situation you were in.
But this…this was nothing against you. Your heart began to race as you stared at the young man’s face, almost glowing underneath the patchwork of sunshine filtering down the alleyway. He remained still, watching the street anxiously as the group of girls rushed by, convinced they were still following him.
“Popular with the ladies?” you whispered, just as the last female struggled behind the crowd.
He let out a soft chuckle, but quickly turned silent. He looked up at you, his eyes wide with realization.
“Hardly,” he breathed. He pushed off from the wall, turning to get a better look at you. His breathing remained short as he searched your face, for what, you were unsure.
After a few moments, he bit his lip and began to tug up on his sweater sleeve. After he had rolled the fabric up to his elbow, he looked back up to you with a kind grin.
“Popular with the ladies,” you read, your eyes tracing across the dark font on his arm. “I’m sure your friends never let you live that down.”
“Not many know,” he chuckled, sliding the sleeve back down. “I can’t imagine reading ‘please stay quiet’ everyday of my young adult life.”
“Honestly I thought my soulmate was my teacher,” you laughed. “I’m Y/N.”
“I’m Mark,” the man nodded, looking up at you through his lashes. “Very much not your teacher.”
She wanted to be everywhere; to taste the universe one bit at a time and to fly with the wind and sing with the rain. She wanted to go somewhere where windows looked out on big streets full of tiny people instead of empty roads lined with sleepy houses. She wanted to see the world through her own lens; to look at her life and not wait for someone to set her free from her cage, but to pick the lock herself.
Happy frickin’ birthday to Immature and Unprofessional written by the gorgeous @papillon-jasmin
! If you haven’t already, give it a whizz, and if you have, give it
another - a year later this bouncing baby boy is still one of my
favourite fics and I am never wrong
Can I just say how much… I really, really love writing Rhys and Mor? And maybe just take two seconds to chat about how underrated their relationship is? The more I write Rhys, the more I keep finding myself in these scenes with him coming to her, leaning on her, using her for help and advice whether he knows it or not. I think Rhys loves her so, so much. And I honestly believe that out of everyone in the IC, if Mor were to die it would hit him harder than anyone else (save Feyre, of course). They’ve grown up together, and he’s fought his entire life to give her independence and freedom, and I think Mor returns the favor when he lands on her balcony after the Mountain, and he sort of just… lets her keep being this shepherd in his life, helping him keep from fully unraveling. I think Cassian and Azriel aren’t the only ones who feel her endless warmth and spirit. Say what you will about the Cazigan dynamic in the books and who has to “shield” whom from Mor’s infectious spirit, but if you think about it, Rhys is exempt from that protection. He just gets to enjoy Mor for all she is, how selfless and supportive and encouraging, and she too gets to be there for her cousin who has empowered her and given her status and strength over her family, these things that make her into a queen. They’re friends. Really, really good friends and I think there is so much love between them that we don’t get to see a lot of in ACOMAF, but if SJM were to ever write the book as Rhys or elaborate on it, I think we’d be surprised just how much goes on between the two of them and how much he confides in her. And I think given how much they’ve gone through together… that’s just, I don’t know, really really special and I love it so much. It’s nice to see that even when the entire world and family around them falls apart, there is still this lovely little kernal of them left to lean on and it never goes away.