10 or so years ago the stand of my grandma’s old refrigerator broke and that huge asshole crashed to the table where my sister and I were sitting at, so be careful when someone tells you to buy a fridge, they might be trying to shatter you x
Steve shares a unique bond with one of the women in Sam's va class.
Steve looks up hearing
Shauna’s voice. She’s holding a small
“From the kids. Open it.”
She sits to watch him shift the tissue paper out of the way to reveal a
“I don’t-“ Steve turns the
case over and understands. “Oh my –this is Nico’s drawing, from our last
class.” On the back of the phone case is
an image of a boy with Cap’s shield, saving a blond-haired man from the top of
a building. The lines are confident, if
“There’s a shop on Etsy
that puts whatever you want on a phone case.
Steve reached to hug her
and then stopped, holding out his hand instead.
“Sorry. Thank you.”
Shauna grinned, leaning
forward to hug him. “Today’s feeling
like an okay day for a hug, actually.
Shauna had introduced
Steve to an art therapy class for children at the elementary school just down
the street from the VA. Every student
was different but they all needed and outlet.
So don’t we, Shauna had said. She was right, and Steve loved it, finding the time no matter what to volunteer at least
once a week.
- ice cream
- windows down in the car
- road trips
- fucking. music.
- naps that leave you refreshed and not all groggy
- the way golden hour light looks on people
- laughing so hard your stomach feels 10x stronger
- feeling like a new person in new clothes
- your bed after a long day
- waking up to the smell of breakfast
- rain running down windows
- the sound of rain
- making people smile
- hearing someone say your name for the first time
- someone calling you their friend for the first time
- a clean room
- a made bed
- your future dogs
- feeling unstoppable after seeing a movie in the theater
- concert nostalgia
- starting a new book
- a full fridge
- drawing in the condensation on car windows
- your future life because you don’t know what you’ll have and what you’ll experience if you don’t give yourself a chance to get there.