I just love how the Once-ler fandom popped up and formed to serve a burning need, and served it so well. Because when we saw that movie so many of us were so upset about that freaking ADORABLE young man who did what he did to try and get some love from a family who never LOVED him, and then lived for decades in isolation and horrible conditions because he felt so awful about destroying a valley. And so we needed some damn closure, some feeling that he wasn’t alone and unloved most of his life, some sense that he was fricking TREATED well by SOMEONE and aPPRECIATED AND SO WE FUCKING MADE IT HAPPEN!! We created like what? HUNDREDS of ask blogs?? And we pretended to be him for ourselves and it still hurt whenever we watched the movie but then we could always remember all the fanmade once-lers we loved so much, many of whom got fucking BETTER, and got so much LOVE from all of us, and LEARNED so much and we TALKED to them and fucking COMFORTED them. And even though NONE of this is real, it still feels like we accomplished something really, really lovely.
You’ve already heard these lyrics, but I love saying them and hope you’ll remember them for all your life. Diligent, silly, kind, artistic, insightful, and dorky you have shown so much love and so many people love you for it. Thank you so much for embodying these words and I pray that I’m returning the favor. Please never hesitate to call upon me. The world is graced with the gift of you and your kind soul. And don’t you ever forget it or else I’ll kick your butt in gear. I know He has great rewards in store for your endeavors. Some have already found you! I wish health, happiness, and prosperity to you, my best friend, Austin for your birthday. Keep being your amazing self! Thank you for being a brother to me and I’ll always love you very much!
Personal Quiz Who were you with yesterday?: No one aside from people I dance with
What woke you up this morning?: My alarm because I thought I was going to see the guy I like but NOPE
Where are you?: In bed
Is tomorrow going to be a good day?: Yes, it should be
Do you like anybody?: Yeah, there’s one boy I’m super close with, but to be honest he has a lot of faults that I have a hard time looking past, like the fact that he’s had 20-40 girlfriends in the past, and I’m sure he’s had sex with a lot of them, and that makes me really uncomfortable. It makes me assume that he clearly doesn’t take relationships seriously enough. But there’s another boy that I kinda like and he seems like perfect boyfriend material, he’s very sweet and has good morals and values and has only had one girlfriend. He’s told me he thinks I’m cute and stuff but I get the feeling he’s not looking for a relationship at the moment so hm. It’s a weird situation.
THE PAST Ever thrown up in public?: Yeah, a couple times. Once at school in the bathroom and once when my friend’s dad pulled over because I got car sick
Passed out because of alcohol?: No, drinking disgusts me.
What’s on your mind RIGHT NOW?: How tomorrow and the next day will be like, looking forward to seeing people though :)
THE FUTURE What kind of home would you like?: I want to live in a big house, maybe not a mansion, but a decently sized house with lots of space and rooms and a pool, and little secret areas. Like my childhood home had this door under the stairs that led to a private hallway-ish thing, it was awesome
What do you want to be when you grow up?: I want to open a dance studio because I love dance and I’ve already started to work on my dance training
Where do you see yourself in 5 years?: Who knows, hopefully I’m successful and happy and content with life. That’s all I really want.
IN GENERAL Do you like candy necklaces?: They’re eh
Do you listen to music every day?: Usually
Do you still go trick or treating?: Frick yeah, I don’t even care. I want free candy.
What was the last thing you ate?: A sandwich
Are you a fast typer?: Yes
Whats your favorite type of soda?: cactus cooler
Have you ever moved?: Many times
Have you ever won an award?: Yeah, just nothing huge. The latest was from my dance competition. Are you listening to music right now?: No How long ’till your birthday?: 3 months, being 16 won’t even be fun because I doubt I’ll get my license ughhhh
When were you the saddest in your whole life?: 2011, we had terribly bad financial issues, it’s not something I want to think about but I was suicidal
Do you use ebay to buy or sell?: I’ve used amazon to sell and buy, I’ve only bought off eBay once cause it’s like sketchier haha
Have you ever heard a song written about you?: My first boyfriend said he was writing one about me but I never heard it so who knows.
Honestly, do you miss 2007?: I was 8 years old and that actually wasn’t a suuuper pleasant time in my life, but there were some good parts.
HONESTY SECTION 1. Honestly, what color is your underwear?: Green haha
2. Honestly, whats on your mind?: Boys
3. Honestly, what are you doing right now?: This survey and then I don’t know what I’ll do after
4.Honestly, have you ever done drugs?:
5. Honestly, what would you do for a Klondike bar?: Nothing I don’t like things with hard chocolate over them aside from drumsticks
6. Honestly, have you done something bad today?: Nope, all I did was go to dance
7. Honestly, if you could date one of your friends for a day, who would it be and why?: A day long relationship would be dumb but Robert because he’s very sweet and has good morals and he’s interesting. I feel bad because I’m way closer to the other boy but like idk how I should feel about him
8. Honestly, who is the last person you talked to on the phone?: Quinn
9. Honestly, are you jealous of someone right now?: Nah
10.Honestly, what makes you mad most of the time?: I get mad, well not really mad, but annoyed really easily. Just people being stupid makes me annoyed.
11. Honestly, do you bite your nails?: I used to for years, but all of a sudden I just made myself stop and it was easy. All I had to do was just frequently file the edges of my nails and I didn’t have that urge anymore
12. Honestly, have you had an eating disorder?: I have in the past, I was never actually diagnosed, but I was absolutely obsessed with weight and calories to the point where it truly did take over my life and was all that consumed me so it had to have been an eating disorder.
13. Honestly, do you want to see someone this very moment?: Quinn and Robert mainly
14. Honestly, are you keeping a big secret right now?: Not really, I mean there’s certain stuff I sooo won’t tell my parents like my sex life and all that lol
15. Honestly, do you have a friend you don’t actually like?: Nope, I try not to stay friends with someone I don’t like
16. Honestly, if you had to date one of your friends of the same sex, who would it be?: No clue, Lavynder is really pretty but I don’t think we would connect on a romantic and emotional level in that way. But I’m straight anyway. Bicurious at the least.
17. Honestly, are you in denial?: No, but I need to make smarter decisions
18. Honestly, do you get up in the middle of the night and eat?: No lol I just eat before I go to sleep sometimes
19. Honestly, do you like anyone?: I’ve answered this
20. Honestly, does anyone like you?: I know Quinn does, idk if Robert does but at least he thinks I’m cute
ANGER SECTION 1. What do you do when you’re mad?: Write how I feel
2. What’s the worst thing you’ve done when you were mad?: Said something I didn’t mean
3. Ever made anyone cry when you were mad?: I don’t think so but I hope not anyway
CRYING SECTION 1.When was the last time you actually cried?: You know what, I actually have not fully cried in a while
2. Ever cried yourself to sleep?: Yes
3. Do certain songs make you cry?: Not anymore
4. What usually makes you cry?: I actually cry easily, or I feel the urge to cry really easily anyway because I’m sensitive, so even the slightest comment that may not even mean to be offensive really gets to me
HAPPY SECTION 1. Are you usually a happy person?: I’m happiest when I’m dancing, or when I’m in a happy healthy relationship. I know you shouldn’t rely on others for your happiness, but that’s just how I am. I can admit that I am waaay happier when I have someone that truly loves and cares about me romantically. So it depends on my love life situation I guess haha but I have a bunch of dance right now
2. What makes you the happiest?: What I said above
4. Do you believe in yourself?: Yes, I try to. I believe the only people you can truly 100% have faith in and trust are yourself and God.
5. When people say they think you are good looking/pretty, do you get happy?:
I guess haha, it really depends who it’s coming from