To the upcoming freshman babies:
1. Dress comfy. Not everyday has to be “dress to impress day.” Frankly, more people are gonna be focusing on cramming studying in before the next class to really notice.
2. Wear comfy shoes. Most likely you’ll have a short passing period and you really don’t want to be late to class.
3. Some teachers are okay with being alittle late if you explain your situation, but some teachers are demons from the netherworld so just be careful and see what teachers are which during the “new year” buff time.
4. DONT SKIP. Honestly, where would you go? What would you do? And there are cameras and adminstration everywhere, do not take the risk. Just go to class. You’d be occupied at least.
5. Be polite to the lunchladies, more than not they’ll let you slide if you don’t have enough lunch money for lunch.
6. Always carry change for lunch/snacks for vending machines. ( About 3$ is fine. )
9. S T U D Y. Even the day before is fine, just do it at least once.
10. Sleep. Don’t stay up all night on an assignment. You can always finish it in the morning, during free time in other classes, on the bus, in the car, etc., etc., etc.
11. COMMUNICATE. Talk to your teachers if something in class isn’t working out, I.e, getting to class on time, getting to ANOTHER class on time that’s after that particular one, needing an extra period/lunch/few hours to finish an assignment/ homework. TRUST ME, they aren’t like last years 8th grade teachers. They actually listen.
Yes, even the mean ones.
12. You don’t have to make friends the first month.
13. You don’t have to make friends the first 2 months.
14. You can ask to work solo, if you explain the teachers will most likely let you.
15. DON’T FORGET YOUR CHARGER.
16. DONT FORGET YOUR HEADPHONES!
17. Lunch isn’t as scary as you think. If you get to school earlier and know where lunch gets held at, scope out the land and see what looks good for you.
18. Alot of the upper classmen understand, you can talk to them anytime for advice, where to go, such and such.
19. Hygiene. Carry deodorant, perfume, lotion, gum, breath mints, whatever.
Just carry it.
ESPECIALLY, if you have p.e.
21. DONT FORGET YOUR KEYS!
23. Stay away from the guys with beards and mustaches/gotees.
IF YOU DONT WANT TO.
25. Overall, just be careful. Adapt. The teachers are right, you’re not in middle school anymore.