Crustless Quiche with Garden Peppers and Lemon Garlic Sauce
Make your spring brunch more exciting with this light and flavorful quiche! It is topped with a zesty lemon garlic sauce that sets it apart from other savory breakfast favorites. Enjoy it alone, or pair it with a fresh green salad or cup of soup.
TIME TO TABLE: 10 minutes prep, 40 minutes baking.
INGREDIENTS: ¼ cup chopped yellow bell pepper ¼ cup chopped orange bell pepper ¼ cup chopped Anaheim pepper 2 green onions, sliced ½ cup provolone cheese 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley 5 large eggs 1 cup milk Zest of 1 Paramount Citrus lemon ½ teaspoon salt ¼ teaspoon garlic powder ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
Lemon Garlic Sauce: ½ cup sour cream 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed juice from a Paramount Citrus lemon Zest of 1 Paramount Citrus lemon 1 teaspoon grated fresh garlic
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9-inch pie pan with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray.
2. Sprinkle the bottom of the pie pan evenly with the peppers, green onions, cheese and parsley.
3. Add the eggs, milk, lemon zest, salt, garlic powder and black pepper to a blender. Puree for 20 to 30 seconds, until the ingredients are blended and become frothy.
4. Pour the egg mixture into the pie pan. Place the pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the center of quiche is set and the top is slightly browned. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes.
5. To prepare the sauce, stir together the sour cream, lemon juice, zest and garlic in a small bowl.
6. Use a knife and carefully go around the edge of the quiche to separate it from the inside of the pan. Cut the quiche into 6 slices. Top each slice with about 1 tablespoon of lemon garlic sauce before serving.