After seeing Beauty and the Beast, I could not pass up an opportunity to do a Belle-inspired hair tutorial this week. This low twisted ponytail is loosely inspired by Emma Watson’s Belle during the first section of the new movie. Be my guest to try this hairstyle out!
2) Small Hair Tie
3) Large Hair Tie
1) Begin by brushing out your hair and creating a part down the middle.
2) Gather two even sections of the hair from the front of the head and use the small hair tie to tie them together at the back of the head.
3) Create a hole just above the hair tie.
4) Flip the hair up and pull through the hole. (This is a French Twist, click here for a full tutorial.)
5) Repeat step 4 another 2-3 times so that there is more emphasis on the twist.
6) Beginning at the front of one side of the head, use the remaining hair to create a twist towards the back of the head.
7) Incorporate more hair into the twist as you go along, stopping once you reach the back middle of the head.
8) Repeat steps 6 and 7 on the other side of the head.
9) Take all of the hair and tie it into one low ponytail. Finish with hairspray.