Being North African in France: not only are you being racially discriminated on the job market which makes it very difficult for you to find a job, but you also can’t run your own business in peace either.
French supermarket chain Intermarche launched this promotional campaign to help reduce food waste from “undesirable” fruits and vegetables. Rather than throw out ugly, deformed, or damaged produce, Intermarche instead sells them with a unique twist.
But seriously though, who doesn’t love discovering the occasional phallic tomato amongst their usually uniform groceries? Size and shape quality control is a terrible thing. Obscene amounts of fruit and veg are discarded daily by other supermarkets for failing to fall within their preordained paradigms of perfection.
So much comedick (tee hee) potential going to waste… sigh.
15 Mind-Blowing Facts That You Should Read (Part 168)
1. Simon, a cat serving on a Royal Navy Ship in 1949, survived injuries from cannon shells and was awarded a medal for raising morale and killing off a rat infestation. When, at the age of 1, he died of related injuries, hundreds of people attended his funeral.
2. When asked his opinion on the oil-centric economy, Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the Emir of Dubai from 1958 to 1990, said - “My grandfather rode a camel, my father rode a camel, I drive a Mercedes, my son drives a Land Rover, his son will drive a Land Rover, but his son will ride a camel.”
3. The “town” of Monowi in Nebraska has a population of 1: Elsie Eyler, in her capacity as Mayor, grants herself a liquor license and pays taxes to herself.
4. Actor and comedian Ron Riggle was a Marine for 23 years and served as a Lieutenant Colonel. He was awarded the Combat Action Ribbon for his service in Kosovo, Afghanistan, and Liberia.
5. Google is working on turning 10,000 of New York’s old phone booths into…