protip: freshening up pillows and blankets
So it’s dead week at uni (aka the ‘study week’ where you’re supposed to dedicate days to preparing for finals) and I have a light finals schedule so I’ve predominantly been spending time on my bed watching television and reading.
This means my sheets are kinda hot and slept-in, but I literally just washed my sheets a week or so ago and it’s expensive to do laundry just because I have some lived-in sheets.
So here’s what i do to make my sheets feel nice and clean before bed:
- Make your bed right before you get into bed or make it as soon as you wake up. I can’t explain the difference it makes in terms of the bed feeling clean and the sheets feeling pulled tautly and cleanly.
- Stick pillows, blankets, teddy bears, cuddly things, whatever, in the freezer for 5 minutes or so before bed (I’ve heard to put a bag on it so it doesn’t get wet, but that’s never happened to me, but just in case, bag away!) The motherfucking freezer is like a reset button on sheets/pillows/clothes. It’s fucking unexplained science.
- Clean up the area around your bed–just clear the floor completely, tidy up your bedside tables, whatever. It adds to the feeling of a clean atmosphere around your bed.
- Spritz a bit of fruity/light perfume or room spray around your sheets. If you use warmer/darker scents like vanilla or amber or woodsy scents, that will enhance the sweatiness of the sheets (shhh it’s science)
- If all else fails, you jump onto bed and you feel gross, change your sheets and wash your sheets.