Are you looking for a German/English tutor? Sign up with me!
Hallo und schönen guten Tag!
My name’s Maria, aka @polysprachig on Tumblr, and I tutor German and English. Whether you’re learning German or English as a school requirement, studying at university, preparing to work/study abroad or self-teaching, I’m here to help! I have lots of time, language learning resources and experience with self-teaching languages, and am always looking for new students.
About me: I’m a 23-year-old native English speaker with a B.A. and native speaker-level proficiency in German (self-taught), but if you’d like to hear more about my experience and qualifications I’d recommend checking out the short, somewhat comedic tutoring trailer posted above. My interests include language learning, linguistics, reading/autodidactic studies, music, psychology and travel.
General tutoring: Communication and language proficiency (A1-C2)
Most common type of tutoring which uses a variety of exercises and learning methods to help students acquire vocabulary, learn grammatical structures and improve their all-around competency in written/spoken German and/or English.
- Exam preparation/review
- Landeskunde (learning focuses on the language, literature, culture, history, etc. of a specific area)
- Thematic (materials focus heavily on a handful of the student’s interests)
Language(s) of instruction: English, German, bilingual English/German
Tutoring fees: 10 Euros or 12 USD per hour, though at certain times of the year I might offer specials; payments made via Paypal or Venmo
Available session lengths: 30 mins, 1 hour, 1,5 hours, 2 hours
Availability: I’m a night owl and my schedule is very flexible; I have no problem tutoring at regular daytime hours or between the hours of 10 pm and 6 am my time
If you are interested in signing up for tutoring with me, please contact me at email@example.com. Please let me know the following in your email:
- Target language & anticipated language of instruction
- Current level (years learned, language exams, personal assessment, etc.)
- Topics you’d like to focus on during your session(s) (reading, writing, foreign language study methods, grammar, pronunciation, etc.)
- List of several subjects you enjoy on the side
- Whatever you think is relevant
I look forward to tutoring with you!