get shit done - pt. 2
3 years ago to the day, I really beat myself up over not being where I wanted to be in the slightest. I had a really negative body image, didn’t feel motivated about anything, had no creative fuel, and couldn’t stand spending hours on the internet every day without any direction. 3 years later to the day, I’m more or less back in the same place, albeit with a few more tattoos, credentials and much better people in my corner.
I’ve always talked a lot about living deliberately and making a focused attempt at bettering yourself when the going gets bullshit. Last time I felt this way, I lost 25 pounds (healthily) in a month, gained a ton of self confidence, figured out where I wanted to go next, and felt the most invigorated about life I ever had been. So, inspired by today’s Shia LaBeouf masterpiece and my own resolve, I hatched a plan.
For the next month, I am sticking to a few key goals and falling in love with myself again. By July 1st, 2015, I will have:
- Lost 10-15 pounds by clean eating and exercise.
- Designed and launched my personal website.
- Completed a secret project.
- Gotten rid of unnecessary objects in my room KonMari style (if you haven’t heard of this method, I strongly suggest checking it out here).
- Submitted at least ONE piece of freelance writing to an online publication (I’ve been itching to get back into writing for some time now, and want to contribute to a site or two now that I have the time).
I will also post a recap of my progress to this blog for accountability purposes. I started doing this sort of monthly challenge/living deliberately because of a great guy named Chris. Check out his writing and get inspired.
Likewise if any of my followers wish to create/stick-to a 30 day challenge of your own, LET ME KNOW! I’d love to support you and help you achieve a goal if I can! The more accountability we can have across the internet, the more successful we’ll collectively be.