So this club in Cologne (Germany) was doing a reputation release party and of course we were hyped. 😍 But what the party actually looked like made us angry. 😒
What they promised:
- a record release party
- win a VIP-package
- free entrance until 00:00h
- free beer and prosecco until 00:00h
- goodies and give-aways such as „t-shirts, caps, CD’s, posters and popsockets“
What we (= 8 swifties, one even brought other friends to celebrate her birthday there) got:
- two Taylor-posters at the entrance, no more decoration at all
- with VIP-package they apparently meant a table in the club with a bottle of vodka (we didn’t win), nothing Taylor-related
- at the entrance we had to pay
- instead of free drinks, they handed out one ‚one-free-drink‘-ticket to everyone, but they apparently forgot it sometimes as not everyone of us got one
- when leaving some of us (in their opinion not everyone entered the give-away, even though we did how we were told and tagged all of us in their facebook post) got goodies: a poster and the CD of ‚Look What You Made Me Do‘ – this is of course nice, but they promised something different
- they didn’t do any give-aways at the party itself and when we were asking they told us that they didn’t receive any other merchandise from Universal, but they even showed the other stuff on facebook - wtf!?
- AND WORST OF ALL: even though we were asking the DJ and the people at the entrance several times, THEY DIDN’T PLAY ONE SINGLE TAYLOR SWIFT SONG! What is this!?
Some of us holding the give-away tickets. That night we were swiftYs… *facepalm*
Doing a Taylor Swift related party is such a nice idea and in Germany we don’t get a lot of Taylor-stuff, besides her official concerts. But tricking people into coming to your club and not keeping your own promises is so rude and fake!
The party itself was not that bad, but as we all were just waiting for Taylor songs, they totally ruined our evening! We left at 02:00am and are surely not coming back. 😠
I love the poster! 😍 But I was so hyped for the t-shirts and the other stuff. I even asked them, whether I could just pay for it.