Things that clients do that frustrate (aka piss off) veterinary staff
1. A new client not informing us that their pet is a known biter.
2. Questioning the diagnosis because Google said something different.
3. Wanting us to help your sick animal but not wanting to run any diagnostics so we can actually figure out what is wrong and treat appropriately.
4. Calling for an appointment in the morning, not showing up, show up late and getting pissed when we can’t accommodate you.
5. Asking to hold….now this is a bit controversial I will admit. But, in most cases owner’s don’t know how to properly restrain and I have seen the owner and the doctor get bit as a result.
6. Letting your children run wild in an exam room.
7. Bringing in a second pet for an exam when you are only scheduled for one.
8. Telling the technician one history and the doctor something completely different. Why yes, I do enjoy looking like a complete idiot. Thank you.
9. Ignoring the technician during discharge then calling us 30 minutes later because the technician didn’t tell you when to give the meds.
10. Wanting free medical advice over the phone…when you aren’t our client.
11. Lying about your recreational drug use when we ask if the pet got into anything. We know…we always know.
12. Complaining about the cost of vaccines.
13. Sending the spouse/SO that knows nothing about the pet to the appointment instead of the one that actually does.
14. Google DVM
15. Medical professionals that treat humans assuming they know veterinary medicine.
16. Telling us that their pets ears/eyes have been infected for months and you guess you should finally do something about it…then complain about the bill because it has gotten so bad.
17. Refuse pain meds for your obviously painful pet because you didn’t need them when you hurt yourself that one time.
18. Asking us to euthanize your healthy pet because you are unable to care for them…and refusing to surrender because no one will ever love them as much as you.
19. Telling my doctor’s they aren’t “real” doctors because you don’t like their diagnosis or the bill.
21. Declining heartworm preventative because your dog doesn’t leave the yard.
22. And my own personal hell…commenting on your pets horrible breathe…discovering severely advanced dental disease then refusing to do a dental…because….$$