Minus logo and blurbs, this is my brand new cover for June’s House of Hem, a 104 page collection of some of my most noteworthy Marvel work (Fantastic Four Roast, Fred Hembeck Destroys the Marvel Universe, and more). Buy a copy, won’t you please?….
UPDATE: I don’t think I’ve ever given retail-solicitation details for anything—maybe not even my own book—but this is something you NEED to know about.
My only complaint is that it should be three times as long. Hopefully they’re saving that for the leather-bound edition?
HOUSE OF HEM FRED HEMBECK with JIM SHOOTER (w)
FRED HEMBECK with RON WILSON, JOHN BYRNE,
MICHAEL GOLDEN, AL MILGROM, JOHN BUSCEMA & MORE (a)
Cover by FRED HEMBECK
• For over thirty years, cartoonist Fred Hembeck has been poking fun at
Marvel’s mightiest heroes. Now, some of his greatest works are
collected in a giant-sized one-shot that’s bursting with belly laughs!
• Fred relentlessly roasts the Fantastic Four with the help of an all-star cast of artists!
• Fred wipes out the Marvel Universe in the tale they said couldn’t be published (and almost wasn’t)!
• Even Spider-Man and the Hulk are no match for Hembeck’s trademark wit!
• Plus: a cornucopia of side-splitting short strips from the pages of
Marvel Age — and an all-new introduction by the man himself! • Collecting FANTASTIC FOUR ROAST, FRED HEMBECK DESTROYS THE MARVEL
UNIVERSE and AMAZING SPIDER-MAN DIGITAL COMIC #16 — and material from
HULK ANNUAL ’99; and MARVEL AGE #50, #52, #54-55, #69, #97, #122-123 and
104 PGS./Rated T+ …$7.99