Hey, could you maybe deliver some trans Frank headcanons? Bc i really really love him, thank you if you do!
THIS IS LATE BUT I LOVE TRANS BOY FRANK SO MUCH…. heres a Discovering He’s Trans post because im a sucker for those, my trans ass LOVES origin stories, its true. enjoy! and thank you for sending the ask!!!
- frank wasnt always uncomfortable with “girl stuff”. he liked tea parties just fine, didnt mind when his mom said he looked pretty, and pink wasnt his favorite color but he didnt have anything against it
- as he grows older, he starts realizing that its … just not what he wants. he gets “mistaken” for a boy one day when he has his hair tucked back under his the hood of his large jacket and it shocks him to find that he prefers it
- he mentions what happened to his grandmother and his mom on separate occasions. he tells his grandmother right when he gets home and she raises an eyebrow and asks “was this stranger correct?” and frank blinks in confusion, stares at her. “because it seems to be making you very happy, fai. youre flushed.” frank laughs and blames it on the cold. much later, he talks to his mom about maybe, if thats okay, kind of, sort of, calling him a boy from now on. asks if other girls like that too.
- she agrees, because of course she does, shes amazing. she says she doesnt know if other girls like that, but that its okay to like that. that she’ll always support her baby bear. frank laughs when she ruffles his hair and kisses the top of his head, their smiles identical. (and then, of course, she does her research “google dot com girls who like being called boys???” because she loves her kid and wants to help him figure this out)
- she talks to her mother about it and they argue about it a little before grandmother zhang admits that, yes, we both love fai, i would do anything to see that child happy and healthy. so they bring it up to him, this new subject of gender, to frank.
- they ask frank if he wants to be a boy all the time, not just at home. asks if he wants a hair cut, maybe, or different clothes. he thinks for a while.
- he doesnt see anything wrong with what he has on, exactly. theyre clothes and they serve a purpose. but the rest of it…. of being a guy everywhere, everyone calling him a boy all the time…. that feels much better. after being called a boy at home, he’s begun to realize that being called a girl at school did kind of bother him. he didnt want to be a girl at all.
- he admits this and mom and grandmother look at eachother. he wonders what adult secret hes been left out of this time.
- but then they tell him. they mention the word transgender, they explain it all. talk about the things emily read about. and frank is a little afraid, but mostly… relieved. finally, things are making sense.
- and thus, frank zhang comes into full realization of himself with a kind and supportive family. grandmother is still a mean woman, but never about this. she still calls him ‘fai’, because “if you wanted me to call you a different name, you should have chosen a chinese one!” but it doesnt upset him as much as other people calling him it does. its just a name, after all. hes frank, and at home, with his mean but loving grandmother, hes fai. he can accept that. she’s done everything else he needs, thats enough for him