Do you remember the British army uniform appreciation post? Well, it was time for the British Navy to show their beautiful mix of navy (duh), gold, silver and white.
There’s no way to not love this.
Images from top:
- “Rear-Admiral Sir Horatio Nelson”, 1799, Lemuel Francis Abbott.
- “Captain James Cook”, 1175-6, Nathaniel Dance-Holland.
- “Commodore the Honourable Augustus Keppel”, 1749, Sir Joshua Reynolds.
- Royal Navy Post Captain uniform coat.
- “Edward Knowles, captain of the HMS Peregrine”, Francis Cotes.
- Russell Crowe as Capt. Jack Aubrey in “Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World”, 2003. Peter Weir (director), Wendy Stites (costume design).
- Ioan Gruffudd as Commander Horatio Hornblower in “Hornblower”, 2003. Andrew Grieve (director), John Mollo (costume design).
- “Augustus Keppel”, 1779, Sir Joshua Reynolds.