The Endgame commercials that were shown during Gotham last Thursday pissed me off. Fox has done some shady shit but WTF. It wasn't bad enough to put the finale the same night Endgame starts showing.
Fox has been horrible to Gotham. I don’t know if it’s because of Disney buying Fox’s former parent company, or because Fox and Warner Brothers were always fighting over profits from the show. We know Fox never felt they made enough money off Gotham, they’ve said that much. So far Fox has:
- Put the Gotham finale the same night as Endgame’s premiere and refused to respond to fan requests to change the date, after fans begged them for over 2 months. (The Endgame dates were announced by Disney last December).
- Advertised Endgame during Gotham (as you pointed out).
- Canceled Gotham
- Gave Gotham 10 episodes to “wrap up” and then added 2 more episodes after the original 10 had been filmed, so good planning was impossible
- Moved Gotham into lousy time slots and failed to promote it
- Year after year stuck long “breaks” and one hiatus after another into the middle of Gotham’s seasons, so fans were confused about when Gotham was airing
- Insisted on judging Gotham by the outdated Nielsen ratings system, when Gotham clearly has a strong international fanbase
- This list is just a starter set. I think we’re all angry about how Gotham’s been treated.