GIANT LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS AU DUMP BECAUSE SOMEHOW THIS THING GOT POPULAR
@grimmmons and i were drawing @ each other the other night and just yelling about this au, heres what we came up with (INHALES DEEPLY): grif and simmons work in Sarge’s shop, Kaikaina was in a shitty relationship with Temple for a fling and now the asshole is stalking her + grif, theyve always had shitty living situations and this just makes it worse, grif worries about kai being alone so he can never go anywhere, doesnt think simmons deserves to be wrangled into his shitty life, simmons wants to help but has N O clue how, enter Audrey 2 (GriFF with 2 F’s), so Simmons kills Temple and feeds him to the plant :D Sarge finds out and Simmons is “forced” to kill Sarge, but its cool cuz at the end of the play when Grif is accidentally eaten by the plant, Sarge BUSTS both of them out like a badass and things are fine (or you can have your angsty ending where Grif dies but my heart cant take that) and then all of them become alien plant hunters in the apocalypse kaikaina included (her and sarge make a badass team yes)
also blue team + donut as the Street Urchins. theyre a quartet because i wanted Donut to be included lmao. gay culture.
I haven’t done outline posts for other SU podcasts, but I’ve listened to them all and loved them. I just figured I’d go ahead and give my summary and favorite bits list because I just listened to the podcast and it’s fresh in my mind.
Thanks to McKenzie for doing such a cute and fun job with these. :) I love you @pearl-likes-pi !
The Sugar siblings discuss their childhood stories that
ended up in the show as well as answering fan questions, and Rebecca
Sugar plays the song “Escapism” on ukulele–an unreleased song from an
Highlights from the childhood stories:
Steven Sugar’s comic “Nightmare in Birdland” was written in a
day–Rebecca was so surprised that Steven could do comics so fast when
she agonizes over comics. He chose birds as his subject specifically
because he didn’t know how to draw birds, which taught Rebecca that she
could build a project around doing something she didn’t know how to do.
Steven’s TV is on the floor on the show because the Sugar siblings had
their TV on the floor so they could play video games while hanging out
The video games in Steven’s room are
confirmed to be Wind Waker and Animal Crossing. (They were playing New
Leaf at the time and Steven’s town was named Donut. Rebecca’s was called
“Rose’s Scabbard’s” ending, with Steven
doing nice things like magic tricks to cheer Pearl up, was based on
Steven Sugar doing things Rebecca would like to cheer her up when they
Highlights from the Q&A:
When asked what Diamond she would follow if she were a Gem, Rebecca
said she’d probably follow Blue because blue Gems are diplomats and
intellectuals, but she’d probably actually be in Pink’s court. (She
can’t say more without spoilers.)
Rebecca’s crappy Toyota Corolla morphed into the Dondai from “Last One Out of Beach City.”
The protagonists’ Gem placements are very calculated. Pearl being in
her head all the time inspired a head Gem, Amethyst speaking from the
heart suggested a chest Gem, and Garnet being hands-on and balanced
meant she should have her Gems in her hands.
Amethyst’s favorite soda is the apple soda Apple Sidra. (She would hate Guacola though.)
Fluorite is inspired by the caterpillar from Alice in Wonderland and Grandmother Willow in Pocahontas.
Pearl’s favorite color is pink. Of course.
Rebecca used to be a vegetarian and loved eating pineapple and jalapeño pizza.
Rebecca confirms that some of the Crew did not go to art school, and she recommends doing LOTS of your own work.
Rebecca says they actually LOVE square pizza (from Ledo’s!) and doesn’t
know why Steven has a problem with that shape. She thinks Paul Villeco
came up with that.
Rebecca’s favorite One Piece character is Usopp because he’s insecure.
Pumpkin does not need to eat, but does sleep.
Sardonyx is a little like Psycho Mantis from Metal Gear in that she can
transcend reality (like Garnet seeing possible futures), which is why
she can break the fourth wall.
The idea that
Garnet’s visor changes to be balanced more between pink or blue based on
whether Ruby or Sapphire is influencing Garnet more? It’s not true at
all. She’s not being piloted by two people–she’s her own person, though
she does have internal conversations of course.
Yes, the Zircons are okay but in trouble.
There might not really be superheroes in Steven’s world because of the ancient Gem invasion.
The Zircons have monocles because of the iconic monocles associated
with the lesbian nightclub called Le Monocle. The Zircons were inspired
by Film Film Film, Jughead, and the jesters from What’s the Truth about
Unfamiliar Familiar is confirmed to reference His Dark Materials. Rebecca says the series blew her mind as a kid.
One-eyed Gems might have depth perception issues, but their Gem placement in the eye may indicate enhanced vision actually.
The Fusions that currently exist as Fusions COULD actually exist as
one-Gem Gems–meaning you could maybe find a single-Gem Sugilite or Opal
or whatever, occurring without being a Fusion. Rebecca confirms they
would look different from the Fusion version, but says there could
absolutely be a one-Gem Garnet.
Rebecca would love to have a crossover with OK KO. She had a concept of sort of fusing the characters together.
The song: Debut of “Escapism.”
Rebecca played ukulele for this upcoming show song.
I transcribed the lyrics and I hope I got them right:
I guess I’ll have to face
That in this awful place
I shouldn’t show a trace of doubt
But pulled against the grain
I feel a little pain
that I would rather do without.
I’d rather be free, free, free.
I’d rather be free, free, free.
Free, free, free from here.
of course does not disclose which character sings it or in what
episode. Musically, it reminds me a little of “Everything Stays” from
Hi again, for The Bayverse Decepticons reacting to discovering they have a teenage human daughter with their deceased human s/o, could you add Soundwave please and add the TFP please? Thank you 😊
I’m just gonna assume you meant the Decepticons from TFP, feel free to correct me if i’m wrong lol
- Being in orbit makes it difficult for him to keep up with his s/o, especially since he is perpetually busy with spying on varying governments. During a slow moment his curiosity gets the better of him and he decides to check in on them and see where they are now. Imagine his shock when he finds news of their death and that there was a baby too… His baby.
- Any mission he was in the middle of has been brought to a full stop because he needs to find them i m m e d i a t e l y. As if he didn’t already feel intense guilt over what happened to Frenzy, Ravage, and Lazerbeak, now he finds out he has a child he didn’t even know about and has no idea where they are. Being the surveillance officer that he is, it doesn’t take long for him to track you down. He taps into phones, webcams, anything he can do see how you’re doing.
- He has very mixed emotions about seeing how well you’re doing. Of course he’s relieved to see that you’re happy and being taken care of, but he wishes it was him making you so happy. He knows that there’s nothing he can do for now, but the second Megatron gives him a mission on Earth he’s going to retrieve his daughter and nothing will stop him.
- He is in complete denial about everything. He never got close to a human, he never had a relationship with them, and he definitely never had a human s/o, that’d be ridiculous. He recalls hearing something about the s/o dying and saw it as all the more reason to forget about them, so he did. Years later he finds himself bored and looks up his-totally-not-s/o, he never did read the article. He just saw the title and moved on. After he reads the whole thing he’s in shock.
- The baby was noted as having some bizarre medical anomalies but was released from the hospital since they didn’t appear to be hurting them. He looks into the symptoms and sees that all of them can be explained by the presence of CNA. After some debating with himself he gets Soundwave to figure out if it’s at all possible it’s not his. It takes a while but he is able to get ahold of some of her DNA to compare it with Megatron’s CNA and finds the similarities.
- Megatron wants nothing to do with his daughter and has no intention of visiting her, but Soundwave still shows him the address just in case he ever wants to. One time one of the mines they were excavating for energon happened to only be a few miles away from her home, and thanks to her fearless spirit she no doubt got from Megatron she goes to check out all the weird noises that have been coming from there. Megatron sees her and tries to scare her off before she can get too close, but her defiance proves to be more than he expected from a mere human. Maybe she would be worth getting to know.
- Nothing about this is good in his eyes. His relationship with his s/o was strained and a major source of stress to him because of his fear of Megatron finding out about them. It becomes too much one day and he leaves them with no warning and never looks back. That was hard on him too, but he didn’t want to continue putting their life and his own on the line for a relationship he knew was doomed from the start.
- When he finds out about his daughter he almost has a sparkattack. He had thought that having a human s/o was as risky as it got but now there is a child too? This is infinitely worse. Megatron can never know about this. Megatron puts Starscream through enough as it is, if he knew about his child Primus only knows what he would put them through. Sure, it would be nice to have a relationship with his daughter, but it would never be safe.
- The only time he ever came close to meeting her was when he was on his own away from the Decepticons. He’d check in on them here and there and was relieved to see they were living a happy, healthy life. He considers introducing himself but thinks better of it. If she did anything to call attention to herself it would inevitably get to Megatron and he doesn’t want to even think about what he would do.
- He’s known from the start that he had a daughter with a human. He was dedicated and invested the second he knew his s/o was pregnant and did everything he could to be there for them and get them baby supplies (Megatron knows about this and is okay with it as long as he still performs his duties as the TiC). It was very hard on him when his s/o died and it took everything he had not to take the baby for himself.
- He always knows where she is and how she’s doing. He keeps track of her grades in school, doctor’s appointments, and any and all social media accounts. He even made a fake account to befriend and talk to her. For the most part she just talks about school stuff and memes, but it’s something. Lazerbeak has also been sent to check on her a few times and sometimes to leave gifts with a note saying it’s from ‘dad’. If her phone breaks she can expect a new one that day.
- His daughter finds out about him when she stays up late the night before her birthday to try and catch him leaving her birthday present at the door. She was expecting to see her mysterious human father, not a giant robot bird. When she jumps on him trying to stop him from leaving until she can get some semblance of an answer, Soundwave gets a distress signal. Lazerbeak carries her to a remote location so Soundwave can introduce himself and try to explain everything.
- He had no idea. Absolutely none. It was little more than a fling that he ended with little warning and promptly moved on from. He didn’t believe them when they tried telling him they were pregnant. That’s impossible, he’s a doctor he would know. As time goes by his mind keeps going back to what they said. They weren’t serious, they were just trying to keep him around. But what if they were pregnant?
- He starts researching the possibility of a cybertronian-human hybrid and discovers that while extremely rare, it could theoretically happen. Now he feels bad and is considering calling them up to try and fix things but finds out they died a few years ago. Oh. Now he feels really bad. He loses his motivation and decides to leave her be. It’s not like he’d have the time or knowhow to raise her himself.
- After a while he feels a longing in his spark to go track her down. He finds her and her new family and is relieved to see that at the very least she’s happy. The parents look like they really love her and do everything they can. He checks in on her from time to time but doesn’t plan on intervening ever.
- He rarely gets a chance to spend quality time with his s/o and eventually he thought it would be easier to break up than try to balance a risky relationship where they barely see each other. It was nice while it lasted, but everything good comes to an end doesn’t it? It wasn’t until years later that he found out about their untimely death and felt horrible about it. Maybe they’d still be alive if he’d stuck around…
- Then he sees that the baby, having no immediate family was put up for adoption. Baby? What baby? They died not that long after their break up so there’s no way they found someone else and had a baby with them, there just wasn’t enough time. It dawns on him that it’s his child and he sets to work on trying to find them. He’s sad that he’s missed out on this much, but excited at the possibility of having a daughter.
- When he tracks her down and sees her having a great time with her adoptive family he doesn’t know how to feel. He wants to be there for her and raise her himself, but he doesn’t want to ruin what she has with this family. He keeps an eye on her the best he can and tries to interact with her but never quite gets the nerve to. If she ever finds herself in danger though, he’ll be there before she knows it.