Rules Of The Shance Betting Pool- by Founder, Pidge Holt.
(A companion thing to A Blue CatAstrophe.)
Rule #1. Any and all developments must be photographed to make the betting fair.
Rule #2. Lance and Shiro cannot under any circumstances learn about the Betting Pool. Lance is devious when it comes to revenge and I don’t want to deal with Shiro’s blubbering denial and Disappointed Disapproving Dad Face™.
Rule #3. Bets can only be changed either once a week or when proof of developing affection occurs.
Rule #4. You can influence them a little bit, but nobody can interfere with them getting together. As much as I hate to say this, they have to do it on their own. That means no shoving them into each other during training, Keith. (Keith whistles innocently)
Rule #5. IOU’s are not acceptable unless it’s a chore trade.
Rule #6. Nobody mentions anything about the SBP outside of the meeting room. I don’t want to risk them hearing something they shouldn’t.
Rule #7. Teasing is acceptable and will not be counted as influencing.
Rule #8. Do NOT get caught photographing evidence unless you can smoothly lie your way out!
Rule #9. Nobody says a WORD to Black or Blue about this. Black would tell Shiro in a heartbeat and Blue is overprotective enough, especially when it comes to Lance’s emotions. That goes for our Lions too.
Rule #10. All bets and changes are filed away in Coran’s tablet. So no liars or takebacks, all bets are final!
somehow, she does it all: class president and varsity volleyball captain and founder of the fashion club. you can tell yourself her daddy’s money bought that work ethic if it helps you sleep at night, but you know it’s not true. she spends her long summer afternoons by the pool, two tablets and a laptop open, building a brand, an empire. she is a paragon, untouchable - on the surface. if she ever feels sweat on the back of her neck, the heat of an invisible timer bearing down, she never lets on. there are moves to make, earth to scorch, opportunities to snatch from someone else’s teeth. her future isn’t brighter than her highlight, but it comes pretty damn close.
I was thinking about this last night re-watching Season 2. Pidge is obviously our Haruhi, but the rest of the characters just don’t match up 100% so some things need shaking up. here are my thoughts.
-Allura could be the founder of the club and its charismatic “princess”, but less airheaded than tamaki obvs. I say this with love. consider: she’s the reason the voltron team came together in the first place. I think it’s appropriate. and as an added bonus, you get Allura being a charming host to all genders!
-(Lance wants really bad to be a player and a possibly a leader but since he isn’t either of those, I’m sticking with Allura)
-side note: I’m kinda meh on shipping as a whole tho so I’m not really interested in carrying over parallel relationship stuff from OHSHC to this crossover/au thing?
-Shiro doesn’t quite fit “the cool, wild type” but he’s the closest thing we’ve got to a Mori and obviously he has his own appeal. also he’s now apparently a high schooler? idk, everyone is high schoolers now. you heard it here first.
-I guess we could also age down Coran but I think it’s more likely he’s the club butler (or just Allura’s personal butler), so…
-no Hani equivalent but that’s fine with me tbh. I like Hani but…yeah, don’t think we have or need a Voltron character to parallel that whole dynamic.
-unless it’s a horribly hilarious subversion with Slav
-again, not a shipper, but in the place of Hikaru and Kaoru’s weird play-acted(?) “forbidden love” appeal (never my favorite thing anyway) you could always just…use Keith and Lance’s apparently-irresistible animosity instead? just tsundere it up. idk. this one’s weird but it makes me laugh, mainly because I like the idea of the club guests acting like the fandom.
-alternately I know they have their own individual appeal–Keith’s tough-yet-vulnerable loner attitude, Lance’s special brand of charm based around corny pickup lines and fun-loving personality, they could totally rock it solo.
-Hunk is of course the only one without any clear parallels to make, b/c you don’t really…find characters like him portrayed as appealing in manga, for the most part? or anywhere. but WE’RE GONNA CHANGE THAT. Hunk’s appeal comes from his strength, his kind nature, and his baking skills. I guess he’s like…the husband-type??? is that a thing??? it is now.
-I had more thoughts than I expected! I’m sure someone will turn up to suggest I shuffle the roles around some way, anyway, so who knows what will stick.
I guess I’m just kinda sad because I’ve worked so hard in high school. Let me vent for a while.
I first got published when I was in Gr. 8. I’ve won international poetry/essay writing contests since I was in Gr.8. In Gr. 10 got a scholarship from the fucking Canadian Government for my essay on presentism/historical interpretations. I am the founder/president of three clubs. A writing club that has over 45 members and I organize an annual writing contest that is funded by our school and we go to local nursing homes to host writing programs. A math tutoring team for the younger kids at our school who can either practice math or study ahead. And a fundraising society (we host garage sales/drink sales) to raise money for girls’ scholarships and medical care in Uganda. All of these I started pretty early on. I’ve also written in the school newspaper since I started high school and was given the position as Senior Editor after writing for two years. I’ve logged over 370+ hours as a volunteer at my local nursing home (after 3 years of volunteering).
I’ve worked as a volunteer tutor for kids for five years.
on top of this,
My grade average for Gr. 9 is 97.7%
My grade average for Gr. 10 was 98.4%
My IB mark in Gr. 11 was 39/42
My IB mark for Gr. 12 is 42/45
The highest IB mark in our school’s twenty-something years of having IB is 42. I have that mark.
And because I am not the model Christian student even though I am the model student, I can’t become the valedictorian. I have no chance and that really makes me sad.
•One word can sum up this guy in a relationship: Passionate •It will take him a very long time to fully open up and let himself be consumed with a relationship, but once he’s confident in you as well as himself and the strength in your bond, he will literally give his all •Literally hundreds of songs written about you •Gummy smiles of adoration •Though he tries with all his might to always be strong, there will definitely be points where he stumbles and needs your support to keep him from spiraling into the dark parts of his mind •Huuuuuuuge plethora of stuffed Tiggers all over the place. You can expect you won’t be sleeping alone with Bang •He cares so much more about making sure you’ve eaten and are well rested - you’ll definitely have to get on his case about taking care of himself as well •Random dates spent at an orphanage or volunteering together •Very private relationship •You two have your own little world when you’re together •Most of your time together is simply relaxing together. There isn’t necessarily a need for conversation or touching. Just being in the same room with you means the world to him. He loves that he can work or read in silence but still have the pleasure of glancing up and finding you on the couch enjoying the comfortable silence yourself •Disagreements are almost always handled with utmost care and maturity. He never raises his voice to you. If things get too heated, he will simply walk away to clear his mind or call a truce because fighting with you is the very last thing he ever wants to do •Though you’d probably have to beat it out of him before he admits it, you are his rock •Sweater paw hand holds •He won’t voice ‘I love you’ terribly often, but his actions will speak his feelings loud and clear •Super shy, awkward confession that comes after a very long time of knowing each other •Many late nights spent at the studio - You’re always more than welcome to join him, even if you are just going to pass out on the couch. The presence of his muse is something he cherishes most •Being with him would also means being family with the rest of the group •Zelo is now your adopted little brother. You have no say over this. Who would argue with that anyway? •Back hugs while you’re cooking •Deep chuckles of adoration when you do something cute or kind •Speaking of that deep voice, he will love to tease you for just how much you love it - low whispers in your ear when he’s in the mood? Check. •Black and white photo of you as his phone’s background •Featuring you in songs, even if it’s just a small snippet of your laugh or sweet spoken words that you didn’t even realize he recorded •Daily texts just to let you know that he’s thinking of you - though these texts won’t necessarily flat out say that •Dragging the other members out to support you, whether it’s to celebrate a promotion or to watch you perform. He’s not only your #1 fan in whatever you do, but he’s the president and founder of your fan club •You are his queen and he most certainly treats you as such •He looooooves it when you steal one of his hoodies or shirts •Forehead kisses •Protectiveness - he will not stand for anyone disrespecting you •Will try to hide it when he’s feeling unwell to save you from worry, but will grump at you if you do the same •Holds your hand while you get a tattoo •A hundred more songs about you •Late nights together sharing new or old songs that you each love •You will never meet anyone as understanding as he is no matter the situation •Overall~ There is no doubt that Bang is going to be an amazing boyfriend; though, it will take a considerably special girl to win his heart. With past relationship failures, it’s going to take some time to fully earn his trust. Give him some time and tender love, he will fully heal and be able to give love as deep as his voice. With him, a relationship will be a mutual understanding of feelings that doesn’t need a lot of maintenance for it to work out well. Also, there will be mutual support for one another in their chosen careers/hobbies/passions - this is something that would mean the very most to him because he fears his woman feeling like she comes in 2nd place to his job. Privacy will also be very important to him because his life is basically already an open book to the public, so he would really love to be able to keep you and things between the two of you to yourselves - not only simply for privacy, but for your protection as well. He also likes being able to share parts of himself with you that very few others get to see; it’s like your own sweet, shared secret. And though this relationship will seem very mature from the outside, you can bet there’s going to be a definitely playful love between you behind closed doors. He will enjoy lightly teasing you from time to time to get you riled up, just so he can be the one to calm you back down. His girlfriend is so much more than just his romantic companion - she becomes a part of himself that he’d be lost without.
• Durmstrang : Scandinavia - close to a lake. - Northern Europe (Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Iceland, Finland, Estonia) and the East (Bosnia, Bulgaria, Croatia, Macedonia, Serbia, Slovenia, Albania, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia, Romania). - Kalina MASARYK.
• Beauxbâtons : France - in the Pyrenees. - Southern Europe (Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece) and West (Austria, Belgium, France, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Switzerland). - Olympe MAXIME.
• Kings Academy of Sorcery. Ilvermorny. United States - Louisiana. - North America (USA, Canada, Greenland, Mexico, Caribbean). - Zachary LEWIS : youngest director of the Kings Academy, Zachary Lewis encourages freewill and autonomy. Kings students have considerable freedom of action with few restrictions. Lack of headmaster’s severity is sometimes criticized by his peers. But Zachary Lewis puts a point of honor that its students learn for themselves the concept of respect and authority. Trivia : - the emblem of the academy is a “K” crown. - the motto is « Terra non caelum mutant qui trans mare currunt » (“ crossing the sea, you change the earth, not sky”). - the academy is surrounded by a marsh that protects against intrusions. A huge crocodile enchanted lives inside and became the school mascot. - the Academy is based on the university model of “Greek community”. - each community has her own residence. - students choose themselves their community. - each community has her motto, her principles, her codes and her representatives. Representatives manage the functioning (and harmony) within and between communities. - there are three fraternities : > Alpha-Rhô “excel for good” (For :ambition, excellence, merit. Against : fraud, dishonor, failure) > Khi-Thêta “do not waste your time (,use it rightfully)” (For : solidarity, collective, loyalty, selflessness. Against : conflict, betrayal, careerism) > Nu-Kappa-Pi “it is a cloud, that will pass” (For : talent, ease, fun, diversity. Against : killjoy, spoilsport, wet blanket, party pooper…) - three sororities : > Omicron-Epsilon-Delta “which had to be proven“ (For : hard work, learning, rightness, mutual aid. Against : deception, violence) > Lambda- Sigma “speech is the shadow of the act” (For : discovery, franchise, action, the will and courage. Against : cowardice, lying, imposture) > Kappa-Delta “new ideas” (For : justice, duty, equality, determination. Against : inequity, abuse, bias) - and three mixed : >Sigma-Mu “with the mind” (For : knowledge by theory, discernment, raw intelligence, firmness. Against : ignorance, narrow minds) >Iota-Khi “with the hand” (For : knowledge through practice, cooperation, perseverance, creativity. Against : resignation) > Gamma-Lambda “know thyself” (For those who do not want or were not able to choose membership). - each community has a representative and all representatives form the Committee. - all the events are organized by the Committee (apportionment of new students, club management, sports events and festivities). They also deal with the application of sanctions. They are responsible for relationship between students, teachers and the headmaster. - the committee also organizes events to maintain the rivalry between communities. - at the end of each year, teachers vote for the community that has been most effective and the elected community becomes the “primary community” (inter alia, the community has authority over all decisions).
• Enganolho Brazilian School of Magic, Castelobruxo. Brazil - Bahia. - South America (Brazil, Venezuela, Colombia, Guyana, Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Paraguay, Chile, Uruguay USA, Argentina). - Hélio FORTES : Man of spirit and Sorcerer recognized for having studied temporal paradoxes.It’s the Minister of the Brazilian magic who asked him in person to take the place of headmaster of Enganolho. The School is in decline since its last director ; everyone think that Helio Fortes is the only one able to restore it to its former glory. Defy that he’s ready to take up. Trivia : - schools promote school exchanges. - School is perched in trees.
• School of Onopwulopwul. Pacific Ocean - somewhere in Micronesia. - Australasia, Melanesia, Micronesia and Polynesia. - Koa
NAOI : descendant of a famous clan of sorcerers and concerned about the magical heritage,Koa Naoi makes every effort to make the magical diversity being well represented in his school. Thus, in addition to Western standards,
Onopwulopwul teaches the magical practices of each of Oceania Culture. Trivia : - motto’s school is :
“Ehu Mohngiong Mehlel, Ehu Poliwar Kala “ (translatable as “an honest heart, a proud body”). - the school is situated on a crescent-shaped island. Extremities are so close to each other they would form almost a circle. - the extremities of the island mark the entry of Onopwulopwul.
They are littered by two statues representing the school’s founder :
twins Olisihpa and Olosohpa. - there is a tiny volcano where lives lavapeople.
there is a large bay named
the Usu Bay (the Star Bay). - the school is mostly under water in the bay. dorms, break room and refectory are overwater bungalows. - Onopwulopwul is the school with the most lessons. - therefore it begins at age 10 and ended at 18. - the schooling is divided into 3 stages : > theoretical classes (Muggles Studies, Herbology, History of Magic, Astronomy Mythology Knowledge of Tribes, Potion) from the 1st to the 5th year (with a similar review to OWL). > practical classes (Potions, Charms, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Elsewhere’s Magic, Care of Magical Creatures, Transfiguration,
Transfiguration) from the 3rd to the 7th year (with a similar review to OWL). > qualifications classes
(Defense Against the Dark Arts, Elsewhere’s Magic, Care of Magical Creatures, Care of Sorcerer,
Knowledge of Tribes, History of Magic, Runes, Arithmancy,
Transfiguration, Potion, Magical Theory) from 6th to 9th grade (with a similar review to NEWT). Qualifications Classes
are a kind of preparatory class for future trades. - the school encourages sport (Muggles and wizards). They can swim in the bay without exceeding the statues of the founders. - there are no clubs. students do what they want with their free time. - sometimes the teachers take students on excursions during weekends and/or holidays. - they visit the island, neighboring islands, sometimes even surrounding countries.
• Uagadou School of Magic. South Africa -
Uganda - Africa (all) and West in the Middle East (Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Yemen, Oman, Jordan, Egypt, Turkey, Armenia, Syria). - the Board : is made up of five individuals whose achievements are recognized internationnalement. Together they govern Uagadou: choose subjects to be taught; the students; extra school activities; and even meals. The board changes only when one dies and the replacement is selected unanimously. Trivia : - school is hidden underground. - This is the oldest school of magic and the largest school in the world. - the Board accepts that the students of their choice. - they select students via dream messenger which left a token in children’s hands while they slept. - the token is a Portkey that allows them to enter in the school. - it’s possible to study ancient magic (the “forgotten magics”). - the guardians / protectors of school are zombies.
• Academy of Sïkhanéjādū. India - Satpura National Park - Central Asia (India, Bangladesh, Burma, Nepal, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iran, Bhutan, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan). - Aman VAGHELA et Idha BHATTI : Aman Vaghela is a sorcerer from the highest caste in India. He protested against lack of means given lower castes to study magic. First member of the Wizengamot with his wife, Idha Bhatti, he decided to become headmaster of Sïkhanéjādū to change attitudes and offer a chance to study to all - no matter their ages or their families. Having taken a vow of silence, it’s that wife who is “the spokeswoman of the voiceless”. Trivia : - Sïkhanéjādū’s emblem is a peacock spreading its tail. - anyone can attend classes, regardless of age or social caste. - the diploma is obtained by accumulation of “units”. To validate a diploma, you need a minimum of 1500 units. The maximum is 3000 units. - each topic is worth units. (ex : Charms maximum value is 500 U) - for validating a topic, you must obtain a minimum of Units. (ex : to validate the course of Charm, you need minimum 400 U) - required courses are : Charms ; Defence Against the Dark Arts (300 U. min - 500 U. max) ; History of Magic (200 U min - 500 U max). [those courses are validated in seven years.] - complementary courses are : Applied Magic/Magical Theory (120 U min - 240 U max) ; Ancient Arts (200 U min - 240 U max) [are validated both in 4 years] ; Arithmancy (200 U min - 240 U max) [is validated in 5 years]. - optional courses are : Herbology (90 U min - 180 U max) ; Potions (90 U min - 180 U max) [are validated in 5 years] ; Care of Magical Creatures/Dressage (160 U min - 180 U max) [is validated in 4 years] ; Apparition (170 U min - 180 U max) [is validated in 1 year]. - facultative courses are : Muggle Studies ( 12 U min - 20 U max) [is validated in 4 years] ; Flying (10 U min - 20 U max) [is validated in 1 years + 1 year of flight applied] ; Meditation (10 U min - 20 U max) [is validated in 5 years] - courses under conditions : Legilimency, Occlumency, Transfiguration. These are qualifications and they reported no Units. - there are clubs : Astronomy; Duel; Dance; Music; Poetry; Sports ; Art…
• Koldovstoretz School. Russia - Siberian plateau - North Asia (Russia, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Turkmenistan, Georgia, Mongolia) (+ the muggle-borns not allowed to Durmstrang). - Anatoli STALRUK (Anatoli Steel Hands) : man of action and competent sorcerer, Anatolia became headmaster of Koldovstoretz by default. Former Head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement, it was his older brother (the Minister of Russian Magic, Nikolai STALGLAVA, aka Nikolai Steel Head) who appoints the Headmaster. Leaving joyfully to his paperwork to his sub-alternates, Anatoli prefers having fun in the corridors of the huge school, looking to disrupt classes and students to challenge. He has no policy and leaves full responsibility of education to his teachers and deputy headmaster. Trivia : - Koldovstoretz is the second largest school in the world both in terms of space of student numbers. - the school was remodeled by the famous Baba Yaga. - schools can literally move to prevent it being found. - the school has a hymn (students love to sing). - students are very patriotic to their school - many parties are organized by students. - Koldovstoretz welcomes the muggle-borns are not allowed to Durmstrang. - of school is at the heart of a constant blizzard preventing anyone from approaching. - the students go to school by sled (similar to the Knight Bus). - teachers and sometimes the director eat the same tables as students. - most of the time, students are left to themselves and younger dependent on the benevolence of their elders. - Inuit living in Siberia study their own magic but they must pass regulatory reviews of Koldovstoretz to be recognized by the Ministry. - it’s possible to study black magic. - pets are not officially allowed. - they play a version of Quidditch where they fly on entire, uprooted trees instead of broomsticks.
• Mahoutokoro School of Magic. Japan -
Volcanic island of Minami Iwo Jima
- South Asia (Japan, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Thailand) - TOKUGAWA Danjo : descendant of the Matsudaira clan, founder of Mahoutokoro. Danjo Tokugawa is a stocky men, bald and fat. Severe in his instruction, he only wants the best of his students and doesn’t hesitate to exclude those who are not up to par. Trivia : - the school blazon is the Matsudaira clan’s “Mon”(circle around three Hollyhock leaves). - only a member of the Tokugawa clan get the post of Headmaster / Headmistress. - the school is formed by
connected by bridges. - there are a total of 11 islets : one building for the headmaster and teachers (school entry) ; one for the main building (classrooms and library) ; two dormitories (one for girls and one for boys) ; one for kitchens ; five for gardens ; and finally, a last which serves as training ground. - in the most remote
islet of gardens find a temple with a Go-Shinboku planted since the school’s founding. - tutor system (senpei / kohai) is very present. - students address their teachers by calling them “sensei”. - the school is known for its large number of non-human spiritous apparition. - even if everyone can follow any topic, some are qualify as feminin and other as masculin and it’s frowned upon to depart from the rule. - even if everyone is accepted, students have to merit their places in school. - school organizes annual sports festival. (Headmaster annually invites other schools to participate even if the answer was always negative.) - the tests are : obstacle course; hunting flag; duel; demonstration ; Quidditch
• Móshùdifang, Institute of magic. China - Guilin - Central Asia (China, Korea, Tibet) - XIE An : Madam Xie An is known internationally for having fought and tamed a dragon. Respectable Seers and apprentive of the most powerful Chinese sorcerer : she inherits his position as headmistress in place of the second apprentice (and newly Minister of Magic Chinese). She creates an atmosphere of mutual aid between students and encourages working group. She is very proud of his school and its students. She doesn’t like the current headmaster of Mahoutokoro. Trivia : - Móshùdifang’s blazon is a dragon surrounding the sinogramme of "magic" and “place” in the center of a hexagon. - it’s the second oldest school of magic. - school starts at twelve years and lasts six years. - the school is located atop a hill. - each generation of students is supervised by a “governess” to guide them through their entire schooling. - the tower that serves as a dormitory is organized so that each stage represents a year. - the school specializes in enchantments and divination.
I may or may not begin a story (that I probably never finish) for each of these schools …
A well established and esteemed club with a rich history. Founded by The Hero Without Fear during the Clone Wars the club has boasted many famous members and presidents such as infamous Mandalorian Sabine Wren who heavily contributed to research in sand resistant materials and substances, as well as son of the Founder Jedi Master Luke Skywalker. All of the clubs members have one thing in common: we dislike sand with a fiery passion. It is rough, coarse and irritating. And it gets everywhere.
The club boasts extensive forums with discussions and tips for every situation, as well as meetups in relaxing, sand free locations.
Members of Interest over the Ages:
An old man calling himself Ben Kenobi, absolutely no relation to the famous Obi-Wan Kenobi, head of the Tatooine division.
Rey, head of the Jakku division. Introduced by Moderator Luke Skywalker after a long period of inactivity.
An anonymous reoccurring donor by the name of MyWifeIsBeautiful01 that kept the club active after the death of Founder Skywalker. Donations stopped after a final generous one around 4 ABY.
A troll going by the name of xxxDarthBadAzzxx that posts on several forum boards but never adheres to the subject or the forum rules. Often seen harassing current
President Finn and Division Leader Rey. Does however donate a sizable amount with the message “For Grandfather” every few months.