1. We are forced to think about the future, yet all we can see is what’s happening right now.
2. There will be clear skies again. You just have to wait through the rain.
3. You don’t deserve the scars on your body.
4. The key to writing is not to manipulate, but to write.
5. Prepare for the worst, but expect the best; for worry augments the pain to the point where it is too much to let out all at once.
6. Poetry is like coding; no matter what language, every line counts to create something beautiful.
7. Contrary to your belief, you’re not an awful writer. You have the potential to be amazing. You just have to write.
8. Be kind to those who happen to be lost. In the end, we’re all lost souls trying to find our way through life.
9. Boys will come and go. If you love him, tell him. Don’t let him pass by. You might stay close friends, or you might fall in love. But no matter what, keep going.
10. Enjoy good times while they last. Savor every day. Every hour. Every minute. Every second. Because good times don’t last forever. Hard times will come. Pull through and good times will come back.
10 important life lessons I learned reading my old letters and poetry - k.e.b.