Can a void in space really be considered a structure? Here’s what was trending this week on Tumblr:
- In entertainment: Jimmy Fallon bit spin-off, Lip Sync Battle, was renewed for a second season. Chrissy Teigen is expected to reprise her role as Woman In DJ Booth. And Amy Schumer returned for the spring with her feelings on butt stuff.
- In the news: Lava and lightning and rage shot out of a volcano in Chile. And in Baltimore, protests over the deeply suspicious death of Freddie Gray while in police custody.
- In sports: Flips and tumbles and precarious landings on very narrow beams—all this and more at the Euros 2015 gymnastics championship. John Cena dropkicked his birthday. And even though it was trending a few weeks ago, we still haven’t figured out how Champions League scoring works.
- In lit: Dominic Sherwood was cast as Love Interest #1/Hero in the TV adaptation of the The Mortal Instruments series. And Shakespeare turned 451 today sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything.
- In snemes: “Snail meme” was trending. Good job sneople (snail people). Better luck next time, sneople (snake people).
- In tech: A bunch of Internet people met up at the Shorty Awards and made crossover content. Also, every outfit, accessory, and hairdo in My Idol was an in-app purchase and you just spent $40,000.
And be sure to check out some of the week’s most popular blogs:
- Hunt the Truth (huntthetruth): If actual war reporting isn’t interesting enough for you.
- Fort Nucks (fortnucks): Strategic nuck reserves.
- Quarter Life Poetry (quarterlifepoetry): My pleasures are plenty, my troubles are two.