my pure, innocent co-worker who is playing Bioshock for the first time:
oh my god I can't believe Ryan killed Atlas' family!!!! How could he do such a thing!!! All Atlas wants is to help the people of Rapture!!1
me, an all-knowing seasoned Bioshock garbage can awaiting his dreams to be crushed:
yes,,,.., much helpful is Atlas,,,,, he's very,,,, k indly, isn't he,,,..,,,
- Try as you might, you cannot remember the sky. You ask friends and neighbors about it, but they just stare at you before retreating. Later that day, you notice a dark figure following you.
- At the market one day, you see a woman with no nose and filthy hair. She waves at you and whispers something, looking strangely distorted, before the crowd swells and you lose track of her. Later, you realize she’s told you happy new year.
- People are going missing. Nobody mentions it, not even you, but you wake one morning to find surgeons leaning over you in a dark exam room. You try to speak but can only communicate in low groans.
- Do not trust the parasite. Do not listen to the parasite. Do not obey the parasite. You used to think Ryan was referring to people, but there’s something squirming under your skin and someone chanting in your ear.
- War is coming. War is coming. War is here.
- A strange-looking man asks you if you know your family well. You go to tell him yes, but gag out blue butterfly before hearing yourself say no, instead. You go home and try to forget anything happened.
- People say Fontaine is dead, but sometimes you swear you can hear him laughing.
- There’s blood in the streets. There’s blood on the walls. There’s blood everywhere. You try take a sip of water, but you find it is both red and coppery. You swallow anyway.
- The big daddy is there. The big daddy has always been there. He was there before you and will be there after.
- The roof is leaking in Apollo Square. The roof is leaking in Paupers Drop. The roof is leaking Fort Frolic, in Arcadia, in Siren Alley. Even when you can’t see it, you can feel the droplets hitting you. No one else notices.
- You hear the little girl’s voice from beside the wall. You hear the little girl’s voice from behind the wall. You hear the little girl’s voice from inside the wall.
the best at what you do can really take it out on you. So unwind! At Fort
Frolic: gamble, shop, take in a show or meet a new friend, all at Fort Frolic.
Fort Frolic: where the best and brightest celebrate success.“
what is the greatest lie every created? what is the most vicious obscenity ever perpetrated on mankind? slavery? the holocaust? dictatorship? no. it’s the tool with which all that wickedness is built: altruism.
a city like no other. Built on the seafloor of the North Atlantic
ocean, it was a place to escape the growing threat of nuclear war, as
well as government and religious interference, while at the same time
championing things like personal freedom, science and industry.
Construction began in 1945 and it was officially opened up to its
carefully chosen guests on Nov 5, 1946. With its grand Art Deco
architecture, glowing neon signs and glass tunnels connecting the
towering buildings, it was a spectacle that could take your breath away,
time and time again.
BioShock as a whole hits so many right
notes and i feel it’s one of gaming’s crowning achievements, especially when it comes to its visuals. Something that’s quickly apparent is that you’ve never played a
game that looks quite like this. Its well researched art direction is
flawless and coupled with creepy atmosphere and the huge glass windows
looking out into the depths, it has a way of mesmerizing you from the
second you start playing.