Y’all!! I moved here 10 years ago today!
I went to Northwestern, and then moved home to Atlanta for two years. And then 2 years to the day after I left, I moved back for good!
In 10 years, I’ve:
- Worked at the Holocaust Museum, worked as a nanny, worked at the Forest Park and Wilmette Public Libraries
- Gone on 1 million first dates, including with my husband
- Dated my husband for four years, planned a wedding, got married, got a whole new set of family with my in-laws
- Lived in 2 apartments in Lakeview, 1 in Evanston, and 2 in Highland Park(ish)
- read 735 book (thanks, goodreads!)
- voted for 3 presidents, attended one perfect election night party in Grant Park in 2008, and spent the other two, one happy and one very very bad, on the couch with my husband
- Saw Bruce Springsteen in the pouring rain, a Sondheim concert 10 seats away from Sondheim, and Hamilton the week it opened
- Witnessed the cubs win the world series (i mean, it was from my couch, but still)
- Found the best friends, from college and grad school and motherhood
- Had one perfect baby
Chicago has been pretty great. Good idea to move here, self!