Olga of Kiev (c. 890-969) of the House of Rurik (reign as Regent: 945-964).
Wife of Prince Igor, the son of Rurik, Prince of Novgorod, a
founder and first ruler of the Rurik dynasty - the first ruling Russian dynasty. The marriage is
fought to be initiated by Oleg the Prophet, Prince of Novgorod, Rurik’s relative and founder of Kievan Rus’.
After Oleg’s death Igor assumed the rule over Kievan Rus’. Igor and Olga had one
known surviving son, Svyatoslav. In 945 Prince Igor went to the tribe of the Drevlians to gather tributes and the Drevlians killed him. Upon his death
Princess Olga took the powers in her hands and became regent, since her son was
only 3 years old. The Princess took revenge upon her husband’s death: she buried
alive matchmakers from Drevlians who came to her to propose that Olga marry
their Prince Mal, then she lured their most distinguished men into a bathhouse, locked the doors and
set fire to the building, burning them alive. After that she went to the land of Drevlians
in order to gather tributes. The Princess asked that each
household present her with a dove as a gift. Then she tied burning papers to the
legs of the doves and let them fly back to their homes. As a result, the entire
town was destroyed by fire.
As a ruler Olga established the system of tribute gathering, which is sometimes
considered to be the first legal tax system in Eastern Europe. She ordered the
creation of centers of trade and taxation, divided lands into administrative
units, which were controlled by the Princess’s representatives and set fixed
amounts of tributes, with a detailed schedule for their gathering. Princess Olga
is also thought to have been the initiator of the first stone city building in
She was first ruler of Rus’ to convert to Christianity and was baptized in Constantinople in Byzantine Empire. Her son Svyatoslav didn’t support his mother’s decision or her efforts to spread Christianity throughout Rus’ and was worried about losing the
respect of the army because of Olga’s new faith, yet after her death he would
bury his mother according to Christian customs. It would be Olga’s grandson,
Vladimir I (also known as Saint Vladimir, Vladimir the Great or Vladimir the Fair Sun), who in 988 made
Christianity the official religion of Rus’.
Olga was canonized as one of the first saints of the Russian Orthodox Church and thus is
known as Saint Olga.
of Lithuania (1371-1453) of the House of Rurik (reign as Regent: 1425-1432)
The only daughter of ruler of Grand Duchy of Lithuania, Vytautas the Great, and
wife of Vasily I, Grand Prince of Moscow, from the House of Rurik. She possibly
met her future husband while he was a guest at her father’s home while still
being a heir to his father, renowned Dmitry Donskoy. Sophia married Vasily
in 1391 and had at least 9 children with him : 5 sons and 4 daughters. Their eldest daughter,
Anna, was married to John Palaiologos, subsequently Byzantine Emperor. Their 3
sons died of plague and their youngest and last son, Vasily, was born when Sophia
was 44, the birth was difficult, she got sick not long before the birth and was
literally at death’s door. Throughout her marriage Sophia was a good helper to
her husband both in state and economic affairs. She had a vast amount of
lands in her possession and skillfully governed them. During his reign Vasily I
continued reunification of the Russian lands, while dealing with the Golden Horde
as the Rus’ at that time was under its dominance. Sophia’s marriage to Vasily helped to secure alliance
between her husband and Grand Duchy of Lithuania and use it as prevention
against severe attacks from the Golden Horde, though the alliance turned out to
be fragile, and they waged war against each other at one point. Sophia
tried to act as mediator between her husband and father.
After Vasily’s death in
1425 Sophia became regent for their 10-year-old son Vasily II. Her husband
Vasily bequeathed his wife a lot of lands into possession for life, which
provided large income for Sophia and made her into even wealthier lady. She
also secured the support from her father for Vasily II’s claim to the throne, as
it was disputed by his uncle, Yuri of Zvenigorod. Yet in 1430 Vytautas died and
from this time the ongoing battle for the throne started between Vasily II and
his uncle, where Sophia would be staunchly fighting for the rights of her son. Sophia arranged marriage for her son and during wedding festivities
she tore a golden belt from Vasily’s first cousin as this belt used to belong to
Dmity Donskoy and Sophia believed only her son had a right to it. When her son
at one point lost throne to his uncle she financed and organized public
discontent against Yuri’s rule and Vasily II returned his throne; Yuri made a
second attempt and managed to gain the throne for the second time, taking Sophia
hostage, sending her away from Moscow, but Vasily II managed to take throne back
again, Yuri died and Sophia returned. The troubles didn’t end then. When her son
was captured by Golden Horde, Sophia raised an enormous sum of money as a
ransom; when Vasily II was captured by his first cousin, Yuri’s son, he was
blinded and became known as Vasily the Blind yet still managed to get his
throne, with his mother helping to mobilize his supporters. In 1451 while her
son was away Horde attacked Moscow and Sophia organized defence of the city,
successfully thwarting their attack. Highly pious and devoted to Russian
Orthodox Church Sophia patronized and sponsored monasteries and churches,
including the famous Ascension Convent in Kremlin. She took the veil there not
long before her death, leaving her vast lands to her son and her numerous
grandsons as well as several religious artefacts.
Sophia’s grandson, Ivan III (also known as Ivan the Great), ended the
dominance of Golden Horde over Rus’, gathered Russian lands, significantly
expanding the territory under his rule and carried out effective reforms,
laying foundation for the powerful state.
Elena Glinskaya (c.1508-1538) of the House of Rurik (reign as Regent: 1533-1538)
Daughter of Prince Vasili Glinsky, a noble from the Grand Duchy of Lithuania,
and his wife Serbian Princess Anna Jakšić. Her uncle was powerful and wealthy
Michael Glinsky, who began an armed rebellion against Sigismund I, Grand Duke
of Lithuania. The rebellion failed and Glinsky family retreated to Russia, where
Michael served Vasily III of Russia (son of Ivan III the Great). In 1525 Vasily III resolved to divorce his
barren wife, Solomoniya Saburova, with whom he was married for 20 years and had
no children, and marry Elena Glinskaya. According to the chronicles, he chose
Elena “because of the beauty of her face and her young age.” Elena was
beautiful, lively, charming and well-educated (she knew German and Polish, spoke
and wrote in Latin). Vasily was so smitten with her, that he even broke the
ancient Russian male tradition and shaved his beard. Despite strong opposition
from the Russian Orthodox Church Saburova was forced to take the veil and it’s
said that she cursed the House of Rurik for it. Vasily married Elena and she
gave him the long awaited son Ivan in 1530 and then another son Yuri in 1532.
Vasily was overjoyed and doted on his wife and sons, yet whilst out hunting he
fell ill and died in 1533. On his deathbed Vasily appointed regency counsel for
his 3 year old son Ivan IV until he is mature enough to rule. The boyars from
the counsel had to report to Elena. Yet quite soon Elena removed all power from
the counsel (including her own uncle who was in it) and took power into her own
During her regency she challenged the claims of her brothers-in-law, Yury
Ivanovich and Andrey of Staritsa in order to protect her little son’s rights to
the throne from his uncles. The struggle ended with their incarceration in 1534
and 1537, respectively (both died in prison). Elena carried out a currency
reform that introduced a unified monetary system in the state and some new
currency units, one of those being famous kopeyka.
In foreign affairs, Elena succeeded in signing an armistice with Duchy of
Lithuania on beneficial terms for Russia in 1537 after three years of war with
it, while simultaneously effectively neutralizing Sweden. She had a new
defensive wall constructed around Moscow, made an attempt to change the system
of home rule which anticipated the reforms of Ivan IV. She is noted to have
visited several convents. Yet her rule was almost constantly disputed by boyars.
Some of the conflicts in government were caused by Elena’s close association
with her supporters, a boyar named Ivan Ovchina-Telepnev-Obolensky (rumored to
be her lover) and Metropolitan Daniel. Her uncle Michael criticized her and her
rule and was put into prison where he died of starvation. In 1538 Elena suddenly
died and was hastily buried. It was rumored that she was poisoned by the
Shuiskys - boyars, who usurped power after her death. Forensic studies of her remains
carried out in 20th century tend to support the thesis that Elena was
After Elena’s death her son Ivan IV was left alone, with regency being
alternated between several feuding boyar families fighting for control. Treated
with respect in public, but humiliated and abused by Shuiskys in private,
sometimes not being given food or new clothes, Ivan developed a ruthless and
suspicious nature while growing up with a hatred towards boyar class. At age 13
he called boyars to a meeting, condemned them for their neglect of him and the
nation and threw the head of Shuisky clan to a pack of hungry hunting dogs, who
tore him apart. This action is often seen by historians as act of revenge for his
In 1547 Ivan IV was crowned as first Tsar of All the Russias, establishing the
Tsardom of Russia. A complicated and controversial ruler during his reign he
transformed Russia from a medieval state into an emerging Empire. In history he is better
known as Ivan the Terrible.
Sophia Alekseyevna (1657-1704) of the House of Romanov (reign as Regent: 1682-1689)
Also known as Tsarevna Sophia. Third surviving daughter of Tsar Alexis of the
House of Romanov by his first wife, Maria Miloslavskaya. She was the only one of
her sisters educated by Simeon Polotsky who also taught her brothers, Tsar
Alexis’ heirs Tsarevich Alexei and Tsarevich Feodor. She grew up to be educated,
sharp-witted, headstrong and politically savvy. After death of Tsar Alexis his son
Feodor III ruled only for 6 years and died of poor health. Tsar Alexis left behind
him two families by his two wives, both of which boasted at least one male heir
after the death of Feodor III. By Miloslavskaya there was another son,
Ivan, and by Alexis’s second wife, Nataliya Naryshkina, there
was a son Peter. As the clans of Alexis’ two wives were in conflict, Sophia
crafted her scheme to ensure power for herself and her family. Promoting the
case of her weak brother Ivan as the legitimate heir to the throne, in 1682
Sophia attempted to convince the patriarch and the boyars that their recent
decision to crown Peter should be reversed. Upon the court’s swift and unanimous rejection of the
proposal, Sophia reached out to the discouraged military troops, the Streltsy,
for their aid and support. The unjust dismissal of Ivan’s rights acted as a
catalyst to the already displeased and frustrated troops and drove the Streltsy
to violently oppose the “unjust” election of Peter. After several members of the
Naryshkin family were murdered, the fighting ceased and Streltsy received their
initial demands. Weak and
inept Ivan was crowned senior Tsar as Ivan V and Peter, only 10 years old,
junior Tsar as Peter I. Sophia assumed the role of regent for the
youthful Tsars and had a double throne constructed for the co-Tsars with a hole cut in the back of it. Sophia would sit behind the throne and listen as Tsars conversed with nobles, while feeding them information and telling them how to answer questions. She arranged marriage
for Ivan V, hoping to control his heirs and thus remain in power, but the
marriage produced only daughters.
During years of her regency Sophia carried out improvement of tax
assessment and collection, made efforts to eradicate government graft and
corruption, improve peasant registration laws, tried to reorganize the army,
promoted the development of industry and encouraged foreign craftsmen to settle
in Russia. She signed all decrees, and her likeness appeared on all Russian
coins, she encouraged the growth of publishing houses. Notably intrigued by
baroque style architecture, Sophia actively promoted it. The
Slavonic-Greek-Latin Academy, the first Russian higher learning institution, was
founded under her reign. The most important highlights of her foreign policy
were the Eternal Peace Treaty of 1686 with Poland on beneficial terms for
Russia, the 1689 Treaty of Nerchinsk with China (the first treaty China ever
signed with a Western power), and the Crimean campaigns against Turkey which
were unsuccessful and caused discontent among general population with her rule.
Her half-brother Peter was growing up and in 1689 he turned 17. Naryshkins
expected Sophia to step down now that Peter was old enough to rule himself.
Meanwhile Peter, who didn’t trust his step-sister, fled to a fortified monastery
near Moscow. Sophia summoned him, but he refused to go to her. Then she
tried to rally the Streltsy regiments, nobles, and the populace but her pleas
for support fell on deaf ears. Instead, more and more of the army
officials abandoned her to serve Peter. Power was slipping through her hands and
soon, she had no choice but to renounce the throne. Peter had her arrested along
with her supporters, and confined Sophia to Novodevichy Convent. One of her
chief supporters and minister for foreign affairs Vasily Golitsyn (rumored
to be her lover) was exiled. Sophia still had her supporters and in 1698, when
Peter was out of the country, Streltsy tried to reinstate Sophia to the throne,
but failed. Their revolt was harshly suppressed and many of Streltsy were
tortured, executed or exiled. Sophia was forced to take the veil, was
kept in the strictest seclusion with other nuns not allowed to see her except on
Easter day. She died in the Novodevichy Convent 6 years later.
Her half-brother Peter became known as Peter the Great, one of the most
outstanding rulers in Russian history, who finalized the transformation of
Russia into a major Empire and became first Russian Emperor.
The novel Uncle Tom’s Cabin became popular in the northern states and created huge amounts of sympathy for the Abolition movement with it’s portrayal of an enslaved man. Abraham Lincoln allegedly said that the book was one of the reasons white people in the north began calling for a Civil War.
The film A Birth of a Nation was directly responsible for the Ku Klux Klan’s reestablishment as well as a reported spike in racially motivated crimes, attacks, and even riots.
A study has shown that watching shows that feature homosexuals and homosexual relationships increases viewers’ sympathy for lgtb causes, even in people who claim to be uncomfortable about homosexuality before they begin watching.
A significant portion of people involved in the world’s space programs claim that Star Trek and similar shows and movies inspired them as children and began their interest in space and science.
Currently there are more students than ever involved in forensic studies programs and there is evidence that shows like CSI, Law and Order, and other investigative crime shows is a factor in the increase in interest in the field.
Although still being researched, many experts claim that a “CSI Effect” is responsible for jurors demanding more forensic evidence in criminal trials there by raising the standard of proof for prosecutors, even if the standard is unrealistic and inaccurate.
The American Psychological Association has confirmed a link between violent video games and aggressive behavior especially in children.
Don’t tell me that fiction doesn’t impact reality.
hello! for a while, i’ve been interested in starting a science related magazine after seeing a lot of inspiration online, especially @/theacademiczine
What will the magazine contain?
the magazine will pertain to topics like
- fun facts
- recent discoveries
- cool experiments
- interviews w/ studyblrs who are in any type of science major
- advice for people interested in certain fields
- experiments that we can conduct ourselves (ex: polls, surveys, etc).
It will also include social sciences, like psychology. since this is a study community, we can add study tips for ap sciences as well! i would also like to feature important figures, especially women in science (-:
How can I help?
If this is something you would like to be part of please message me! I will like to create a team with writers, social media managers, designers, editors, researchers, and more. if enough people are interested, i will create a formal list of positions and ways you can aid in the creation of this magazine.
Anyone is welcome to help; there is no minimum amount of followers you must have! As long as you have an interest in any type of science, are dedicated, and have lots of input/ideas you are welcome to join!
if you don’t want to be part of the team but still want to contribute through interviews, advice, or submitting some of your own ideas, that’ll be great as well.
hopefully, if enough people are interested, i can start this up soon. thanks for reading! please reblog to spread the word, thank youu!
17/05/17 - my drugs of abuse exam is tomorrow, I’m so fucked tbh i don’t feel like I’m prepared but at the same time I’ve done so much work and most of it has gone in? Maybe it’s just first exam nerves. Who knows. Either way, this poster is p cool, all about the forensics behind cocaine.
We went to two different coffee shops this day to work! Haha. I’ve been wanting to try some new coffee shops, so we went to a really nice tea house in Queen Anne, but they didn’t really want people to be on their laptops working for more than 1 hour, so after enjoying some pastries and drinks, we went to another one a few blocks off Queen Anne. Both were really good! We’ll have to go back to them…
I got a lot of labs done on this day! Like 9 of them!
- Damian Wayne, despite being his fathers son, only had one girlfriend for his entire life.
- If anyone thinks he’d go into a relationship thinking it would end, they are wrong.
- You two met at Gotham Academy and you accused him of being Robin on the second day of term
- You made sure no one was around, but to you it was was just too obvious.
- The fact you figured it out and ended up catching him on a roof that same night, after he’d denied everything, made him respect you.
- It also meant he had to keep a close eye on you, make sure you didn’t tell anyone.
- Since he was hanging around you, you decided to actually befriend him.
- “Hey bestie.” you’d say loudly whenever you saw him.
- It had taken him a while to understand what you were doing.
- “She’s saying your her best friend.” Jon explained to him on one of their missions. Damian had been talking about you non stop. It seemed like he was both infuriated and in awe of you. Ranting with emotion instead of complaining and being cold.
- “But we barely know each other and it’s so annoying. The way she smiles when she see’s me. People shouldn’t smile at me, they should fear me.”
- “You are the night!” Jon mocked and Damian punched him. “She’s probably just saying it because she’s going to be your best friend, and because she knows it confuses you. Fight fire with fire.”
- So that’s what Damian did.
- “Hello, best friend.” he tried. It sounded so formal when he said.
- You had laughed “Knew you’d come around.”
- Soon you both started sitting together and actually talking. Actually becoming really close friends.
- You always partnered up and would often study together.
- Whenever you went to Wayne Manor, Damian always tried to plan it when he thought nobody else would be home.
- Somehow, someone was always there. Almost like Tim hacked Damian’s phone after seeing him smiling.
- Damian Wayne didn’t smile.
- You two had been sitting in the garden when Tim sat down with you.
- “You youngins need any help.” Tim had had the most contact with you, and you knew Damian didn’t like him.
- “'Cos you didn’t sound a thousand there.” you joked
- “Get lost, Drake.”
- “That’s no way to speak to your wonderful older brother.”
- “Wonderful is the last word I’d use to describe someone whose more coffee than human.”
- “Oh! I know why you’re so grouchy. I’m crashing a date, aren’t I! I’ll leave you two love birds to it.” he tried to run away but Damian flung a knife at his ear.
- Tim managed to just duck in time.
- “Damian!” Bruce yelled from the house.
- “My hand slipped!” he shouted back.
- You both knew his entire clan where spying on you.
- That spot in the garden became your guys spot. Whenever it was nice enough to be outside, you guys would be there.
- Damian attempted to teach you how to use a sword, it didn’t go very well.
- He’d liked spending time with you though.
- Instead, it turned out you were really good a throwing knives.
- Like unnaturally good at it.
- Whenever there was someone extremely dangerous on the loose, Damian would come by your house in his Robin gear and drop off a set of throwing knives.
- Knowing he was Robin from the begin was extremely useful for your relationship.
- You often helped cover for him when he had to disappear, or if he was gone for a long time without warning.
- He realised he was falling in love with you, you had been sitting in the sun and day dreaming.
- You guys were supposed to be doing homework, but you’d become bored.
- He had looked over to see you smiling and half asleep.
- Someone just clicked in his head. He wanted to see you like that forever. He wanted to be the reason you looked so at peace.
- When you realised you were falling in love with him was during an accident as Robin.
- You two had been at a school disco together, older kids were using to raise money.
- He was upset about leaving, he’d wanted to test the idea of a relationship with you.
- He’d been acting strange, so you swung by Wayne Manor to wait for him to get back.
- Alfred seemed overly concerned about something but didn’t tell you.
- After it was nearly early morning, you were pacing the kitchen and making cookies.
- “I really advise that you go to sleep.” Alfred tried
- “No, I’m stressed. Too stressed for sleep. When I’m stressed and cook.” you pulled the tray out of the oven.
- “I’m sure Master Damian is fine.”
- “Then why aren’t they back yet? Damian said it would be a relatively easy job.”
- That was when Bruce had come crashing in with Damian in his arms.
- You had waited with the rest of the family, feeling completely numb.
- What if Damian died? What would you do then?
- Thinking about how you might loose him every night suddenly came to smack you in the head. You cared to much about him to loose him.
- You needed to let him know that you liked him.
- “Aren’t you a bit over dressed for three in the morning?” Dick commented.
- “We had been at a school thing…” your voice was quiet and you had made another load of cookies. “I came here because he’d been acting weird and I wanted…I…wanted to talk to him about it.”
- “He’ll be fine.” Dick assured you. Despite being in their lives for years, this was the first time you were fully aware of how dangerous being Robin was.
- Guess you’d been a bit naïve before.
- “Keep making cookies, these are really good.” Tim nodded, stuffing another one into his mouth. Steph smacked him on the back of the head.
- Damian was banned from patrolling for two weeks.
- Instead the two of you spent almost all of your time together. Both awkwardly skirting around the fact you liked each other.
- When Damian found out how worried you’d been, curtesy of Dick, he decided to tell you about his feelings.
- You two sat in a room for an hour and a half, talking through the relationship
- You talked from dealing with Robin stress to life goal and how a relationship would fit with that. Maybe that wasn’t what most seventeen years did when they got together but you didn’t care.
- The family had been eavesdropping the entire time, only stopping when Tim laughed a bit to loud and a knife just missed the top of his head - through the door.
- “You know that’s not how most relationships start right?” Tim said once you left.
- “I don’t plan on having to start another one, so that doesn’t matter.” he had a stupid smile on his face for the next week..
- He meant it too. He didn’t plan on dating anyone but you.
- Even when you both went to different universities, your relationship plan covered when dates would happen.
- He was doing business and you were studying forensics science and decided to get a degree in art history too.
- Suddenly your schedule seemed busier than his.
- You were still both happy and very much in love with each other.
- Since you were both studying in Gotham, the obvious solution was to move in together.
- You found it hilarious, watching Damian attempt to live without a butler.
- He was a fast learner though.
- The only time there was a hitch in your guys plan, was when you got the chance to study in Paris for a year.
- You both thought long distance wouldn’t be that hard for you, but it was.
- Both of you thought you might end up breaking up, neither of you wanted to though.
- “If it doesn’t work with Y/N, then it’s never going to work.” Damian sulked to Jon.
- “That’s what everyone says about there first long term love.” Jon rolled his eyes.
- “She’s more than that.” Damian scowled
- Damian ended up getting himself extremely injured since he was thinking about you.
- Alfred phoned you and when you found out, you were on the first flight back to Gotham.
- “Y/N.” Damian said, he was on bed rest. “You need to be in Paris,”
- “I need to be here with you.”
- You did go back to Paris, but Damian took a small break to go with you, helping cleaning up the streets of Paris.
- The next hick in your guys plan wasn’t as bad.
- “Damian!” you yelled from the bathroom after throwing up. You had been late and now you were throwing up.
- “Are you okay?” he rushed to your side on the bathroom floor.
- “I think I’m pregnant.”
- “What?” he was panicking. You guys were supposed to get married first.
- “Pregnant.” you said a it slower.
- “As in baby?”
- “As in baby.”
- He was silent for a while.
- “That’s great.”
- “Really?” you asked, unsure on whether he was telling the truth.
- “It just means we’re going to organising a wedding with less time than I thought. The rings hidden in my shoe is you want me to go get it.” he said it so casually that you almost missed the fact he was proposing.
- “I was going to propose anyway.”
- “I thought marriage was a little bit later on the timeline?” you teased.
- “So you don’t want to get married?” he frowned.
- “Of course I want to get married, you idiot.”
Happy Birthday to me 🎉🎉Thought I’d share this little mess in celebration. Also, happy birthday to my birthday twin @a-fallen-little-pine-cone
Heyo I’ve been re-watching Gravity Falls since I stopped in the middle of the second season two years ago and I’ve been screaming about it nonstop to my friends soooooooo a re-do of my original designs of the Pines Twins in my old future!falls Au
I’m gonna say they’re around 20-23 years old, both in different colleges in the same area so they can stay close to each other.
Dipper is studying forensics and mythology and works at a local tattoo parlor after going in for a few protection sigils and discovering he actually really likes getting/doing ink so he’s now just covered in tattoos. Just covered. He’s also taken some fighting/martial arts and while he’s not the best he could probably take down a werewolf so that’s all he cares about.
Mabel is studying to become a kindergarten teacher. She works at this cute little bakery and her body deff reflects that. She volunteers at animal shelters and works at various charity booths. She knits sweaters for orphans and dogs with no fur and junk like that. She also discovered at fifteen she was Magically Inclined and has been teaching herself witchcraft whenever she has time.
pulled up in the scrapyard next to the black Impala and threw your black ‘65
Challenger in park. You were half hoping that Sam would have come alone to work
this case, but no such luck. If that car was here Sam definitely wasn’t alone. You’d
have to deal with him. “Thanks for
comin’ so quick, kid.” Bobby opened your door and pulled you out and into a
for you, old man. You know that.” You giggled, breaking the hug and letting
Bobby lead you to the door. “So I take it Dean’s here?”
need to talk about that.” Bobby hesitated, opening the door and letting you in.
As soon as you saw Sam propped up on the couch with his leg in a cast you spun
No fucking way, Bobby!”
The deal was I’m supposed to be fake married to Sam and he clearly is in no
condition to work this case and I know what you’re about to say! Can’t we find
on, Y/N, I’m not that bad.” Dean rounded the corner, staring at you with that
stupid smirk on his face. “Besides, it’s not like I really wanna be fake
married to you either. Living in a house with you for as long as this case
me?” Your voice increased in pitch as you whipped around to glare at Dean.
Friday night in, listening to my “Classics” playlist and working on a paper. I love my cute little sticky notes! I think I got them from a shop called Tigerlily, but I don’t think they have an online shop, unfortunately :(
hey! i’m celine and this is my brand new studyblr account! i’ve been on tumblr for years ( @katiebells ) but have finally decided to join the studyblr community with starting college this fall!
– the basics
- celine - 18 years old - incoming college freshman - gryffindor primary / ravenclaw secondary - enfp - main blog > @katiebells
- musical theater kid / singer - bibliophile - bullet journaler - jewish n’ bisexual - lover of the color yellow - harry potter enthusiast ( hence the url )
- i have not signed up for classes yet, but when i do they will be here ! - in a program at my college where i create my major, my main focuses are: — women’s, gender, & sexuality studies — media studies — forensic psych — musical theater — holocaust studies — hebrew
– why studyblr
because i have a bullet journal and i love studying and just wanted a place to get tips on it and such ??? idk man
Can you do a Carstairs modern au? You're thoughts on the Blackthorns are super interesting!
-so Julian goes to art school
-and he sells his art online and works a few jobs to help support his family
-their mother died of cancer and their father ended up driving his car off a bridge in grief
-Helen and her wife Aline also work a few jobs to support the family (and pay for college in the future)
-because of everyone working a few jobs they’re able to afford a decently nice apartment
-Helen and Aline are 28, Julian and Mark are 20 and 21, Ty and Livvy are 18, Dru is 16, and Tavvy is 10
-Dru works at the movies
-so sometimes she’ll sneak them in
-and get free gummy worms for Tavvy cause why not
-her favorite class is film
-she also runs a blog for critiquing movies
-she is the sc queen
-Livvy’s going to college for mathematics and business
-her dream is to run or found her own business someday
-she makes extra money tutoring
-she runs an Instagram with ty called b.thorn_twins but he never posts so it’s basically hers
-Ty’s going to school for crime studies and forensics
-okay he maybe has an entire wall in his room dedicated to crime books
-he watches forensic files with dru and Livvy’s mildly concerned that they could probably get away with murder
-lmao ty might not use Instagram but he most definitely has a tumblr
-(kit may or may not have made him get it when they were on a date because “you can’t be my boyfriend and not have tumblr ty!”)
-Helen’s a model
-Aline is her photographer
-that’s how they met and now Aline basically lives with the Blackthorns
-Emma is like a super athlete and she got into school on an athletic scholarship
-she’s going to be an Olympian and everyone knows it
-her parents also died when she was 12 so that’s how she bonded with Julian at first
-and so began their friendship
-sometimes Emma’s uncle Jem and his wife Tessa will pay a visit
-that’s how the Blackthorns got church as a Christmas present
-Mark forgot to feed church once and now church has a vendetta
-rip marks bedsheets
-mark is in school studying creative writing
-he met Cristina after he spilled coffee on her (don’t worry it was iced coffee)
-and he found out she’s studying politics
-and she’s good
-cue the awkward crush
-kieran doesn’t go to college because he has a giant trust fund from his dad
-he hates his dad though so he just crashes at the Blackthorns a lot
-and the Blackthorns house is basically one giant mess with lots of people in it and lots of people who aren’t the Blackthorns sleeping over
-because they’re all really one giant family regardless of blood