hey guys! my last semester of high school starts tomorrow and i thought i could make a quick lil masterpost on how to take on your next semester head-on and how to start off strong.
1. start off organized (whatever organized means to you)
- one thing i tried this year was keeping a folder for all of my school papers and it helped me a lot instead of just putting my papers in one designated spot like previous years. keeping one folder (or one folder per subject) can help you keep track of all of your papers.
- if you need tips on how to stay organized, check out my masterpost here :)
2. try to have a positive mindset
- although i’m kind of loathing going back to school, you have to try and find the positives in going back! and it doesn’t have to be academic, my positive thought about school is that i’ll get to see my friends and read more cool books for Literature class. if you go into it with a negative mindset, school will be a drag and you won’t do your best.
3. make small progress on any long term assignments at the beginning
- following this step should help relieve any stress about a long term project, especially one that you know is coming (ex. me with my quarter assignments for literature). making progress can range from starting to read the book early to just writing a sentence a day or somethin’. but you don’t want to get too caught up in this step that you forget about the work that is due the next day, or something of the sort.
4. *mainly for seniors* if you have anything application related, do it asap.
- i know that i have my CSF application due some time throughout the second semester and a couple scholarship items to complete, so i’m going to do them either during the break before the next semester or as early as possible in the next semester. doing this is very helpful and will help relieve any anticipation or stress.
5. detox the weekend before you go back to school
- personally, i try to refrain from doing anything school-related the weekend before school because you should just relax and prepare by being relaxed. take a bubble bath, watch a movie, hang with some friends, sleep, anything that makes you happy and relaxed. dunno what to do? i have some cute things here in my self care tag.
6. Have fun.
- have a great time, don’t let school run your whole life.
i know this isn’t much but these are just my own little tips that i thought might help someone else. it sounds a lot like my Staying Organized masterpost, but most of that does overlap here. any masterpost recommendations? let me know and I will definitely take it into consideration.
surviving world history ap [x]
my guide to scholarships [x]
surviving finals [x]
how i take notes [x]
how i study for ap psychology [x]
staying organized [x]