May I know what formed the basis of your speculation that Zayn might attack Malay on socila media?
1) Zayn tweeted, “It’s embarrassing when you have no originality … people lack this frequently ..why copy ?” in the middle of retweeting fan art.
The way he tweeted was oddly ambiguous and doesn’t quite fit with fan art. If someone steals your fan art, it’s usually referred to as stealing, not copying. Also, he had been and continued retweeting fan art where you can’t really tell if the original artist posted it to Twitter, something he should feel the desire to be careful about if that tweet was supposed to refer to people abusing fan art.
2) Malay Ho posted a picture on his Instagram of a tent with the caption, “Recording in tents. Acoustic treatment from surrounding trees and open air is epic”.
Two hours later Zayn posts a similar Instagram picture of the same tent taken from a slightly different perspective. His caption was, “You’ll probably copy this ,”.
This is strange because Zayn posted 2nd. Why is he talking about copying? Also, the first tweet about copying is clearly a negative one, then the caption on the picture that’s clearly related to Malay Ho is also about copying.
3) Malay Ho posted a picture on Instagram of birthday cake congratulating him on his birthday with the caption, “Thanks Z”.The implication is that since Zayn was with him, Zayn set up a nice tray with cake for his birthday.
However, I find the picture very odd.
Is he supposed to be implying they’re still out in that tent in the forest? The tray looks like it might be set on a circular table with a glass top and the carpet underneath has a pattern that makes me think of hotels. Maybe they’re in the tent or maybe they’re at a hotel, who knows.
Look at that tray. There are 2 individual slices of cake, fancy cursive writing in chocolate, nice white china, linens, a flower in a glass bowl, and a bowl of ice cream chilling on ice. That’s a very odd tray for one friend to be giving to another friend. It’s so fancy and intimate. It looks more like something Malay’s girlfriend/wife would have done for him than a twenty-two year old artist he’s producing for.
Another thing is that the picture was posted around 3am PT, 6am ET. Assuming they were on the West Coast, that’s not too late to stay up, but it’s still not really when I’d expect someone to be eating fancy birthday cake or posting Instagram pictures of fancy birthday cake. If they were in NY, I see no reason why they’d be up that early eating cake or posting pictures of it.
Again, why is Malay posting this? Why is he advertising that Zayn did something for his birthday on social media, but Zayn can’t even tweet Malay or post a picture himself?
4) Eight minutes after posting that picture, he tweeted, “Cat’s out the bag, it’s no secret we’ve been working. @zaynmalik is pure genius. An artists’ artist. A shining star with a genuine <3”.
I mean, “Cat’s out of the bag” is used to refer to accidentally revealing something you were supposed to be keeping quiet about. After the double tent posts and the “Thanks Z”, it was Malay and Zayn who made it more than obvious they were together and working on recording. They chased the cat out of the bag, so why play coy?
Then he retweeted the Billboard article from today that was talking about how he and Zayn were working together and how he had nothing but amazing things to say about Zayn and his music.
5) Speaking of Malay’s girlfriend/wife… Malay posted a picture with the caption, “Missing my ❤️ @pennylane915on her birthday. Our birthdays are only one day apart, so this is the first time we haven’t been able to celebrate together. You always got my back, you are my queen 👸🏼 Sending my love on this special day! We will be celebrating together soon”.
On her Twitter, she posted, “When @MalayHo and @zaynmalik FaceTime you and sing happy birthday it’s a great way to start my birthday :) thanks guys xo”.
So I’m to assume they aren’t in LA? Or is she not in LA? I tried to figure out where she was by looking at her social media, but it beats me. In any case, she isn’t with Malay, meaning that she definitely wasn’t involved with that fancy cake set up. She also retweeted the same Billboard article and a fan that was begging for help to get Zayn to see an edit.
All of that praise and gushing and buddy-buddy stuff from Malay and his girlfriend/wife, but why isn’t Zayn participating in this love fest? The most he’s said was “You’ll probably copy this ,”. ???
6) There was a Blind Gossip blind item yesterday about Zayn. The blind item was definitely meant to be about Zayn because the hint was, “If you think this is about an American, you are looking in the wrong direction.”
It talked about Zayn’s behavior being erratic and dredged back up the narrative that “the breakups (plural), the photos, the fights… [have] become an everyday occurrence.” This is something The Sun has also been pushing, the idea that Zayn is out of control and turning on anyone who he’s close to or would want to help and support him.
Just to be very clear here, that blind item is nothing more than an attempt to slander Zayn. I don’t believe it has any truth in it simply because Blind Gossip has been aggressively pushing negative stories about 1D since Zayn left and probably before.
7) Yahoo Celeb UK posted an article with the title, “Who Is Zayn Malik Mad At Now? Former One Direction Star Slams ‘Lack Of Originality’”. In the article it mentions Zayn’s tweet, his past Twitter fights and break ups, and the tent picture. However, it doesn’t mention Malay or the matching tent picture. It acts like no one has a clue what/who any of it is referring to instead.
The last line of the article is, “So this mysterious impersonator will no doubt be exposed before the week is up, and we can’t ruddy wait to find out who on Earth it is.”
Okay then. That doesn’t remind me of when Krept and Konan just happened to make a throwaway comment about how their music video with Zayn would probably get leaked at all. Except that it does and that music video was intentionally leaked through Naughty Boy, that being the incident that was used to officially sever the connection between Zayn and Naughty Boy.
This series of events doesn’t automatically mean Zayn will go after Malay Ho on social media, but it’s strange enough to make you wonder. They’re dredging up the fact that all these Twitter fights have happened at the same time that Malay is gushing about Zayn and Zayn is not exactly gushing back.
If you remember, Zayn hardly ever engaged Naughty Boy himself or posted pics of them together. That was always Naughty Boy. Naughty Boy was always very complimentary about Zayn, even after the fight.
Setting it up that way makes Zayn look worse if everyone is nice to him and he’s the only one being aggressive. The same thing happened with Calvin Harris too. As soon as Zayn engaged, Calvin backed off and complimented Zayn’s voice.
That pattern is why I think all this positive press and interaction COULD end up feeding into another Twitter fight. Maybe it’s just positive press, and that would be awesome, but there are some strange things going on with it.