Do you still do headcanons? If you do, could you tell me abt middle school pidge
- I don’t want to shoehorn Pidge’s character and say she was a gamer gremlin but like… Pidge is a gremlin.
- “What’s up scrublords.”
- I feel like Pidge was Exceedingly Self-Aware but then she fell down the irony rabbithole
- Pidge: I’m just being ironic
- Matt: But… Katie… where does it end?
- Pidge: (crying) help me
- She went to Matt’s old middle school, which meant that Everyone knew she was THE younger sister of the Holy Father, the king of this nerdy middle school, the crown prince of NASA: Matthew Friggen Holt.
- Every Single Teacher: ‘Holt?’ As in… ‘Matt Holt?’ Oh! Are you the Katie that Mattie was always talking about??
- Pidge: (through gritted teeth) Yep…that’s… me…
- Pidge: (comes home) Matt, I love you, but I hate you. How did you manage to charm the Home Ec teacher, you literally can’t even cook??
- Matt: Oh, Mark’s still teaching? Ahhh, he was awesome. That wild son of a gun sure loved banana bread.
- Honestly though it’s super annoying to be constantly compared to a sibling who went through the school system YEARS AGO… And it’s doubley sucky because Pidge and Matt actually have a lot of interests in common?? So Pidge couldn’t even go in her own real direction…
- Pidge: UGH. Why are we so similar? Goddamn this family and its nerd genes.
- Commander Holt: I know, being this scientifically inclined and gifted is such a burden :(
- Pidge: There’s only one solution… Matt, I’m going to prove that I’m better at everything you love.
- Matt: haha, k
- Pidge probably realized she was gay due to Homestuck. Like, as a whole, there’s a lot to regret about Homestuck… but, it normalized a lot of LGBT+ things for me, and I’ll always be thankful for that.
- Pidge: Homestuck taught me that it was okay to be gay.
- Lance: Like… That’s literally such a great and awesome sentiment… But you’ve somehow made it, bad.
- Hunk: Cursed sentence.
- Middle schooler Pidge was probably a compulsive collector of gossip. Like, she can do absolutely nothing with this knowledge, but she still… Has to know. She was pretty much a third party to all the major drama that happened for no reason other than that she’s nosy lmao
- Can you imagine the LENGTHS Pidge went to to get out of gym class, or to at least do the bare minimum?? Tbh Pidge probably climbed up the rope once and got stuck lol. That or she escaped through the ceiling boards lmaoo
- One year through a LOT of misdirection Pidge was able to get her entire class out of the mile run. Her teacher just assumed they did it in September and the truth didn’t come out until June when they were supposed to run it again. But the entire point of the mile run is to compare your before/after times and if there’s no before time… (Pidge voice) then there’s no reason to run for an after time, is there???
- Pidge was hailed a saint by her gym class for her brave efforts.
- One day this random student brought a waffle maker to lunch and Pidge immediately sprinted over to 1. Get a waffle and 2. Fiddle with the machine until it was working at 200% capacity. They started a business, became best friends, and created a new unit of measurement: wpm (waffles per minute).
- Pidge tragically faced the curse that all wlw shared… All her middle school crushes inevitably had boyfriends :(( Pidge could never catch a break. Even with the whirlwind romances that define middle school, she never managed to time it right. Rip.