One of my absolute favorite things about Young Justice is the mind link. Seriously, just imagine all of the crazy stuff the team can do when they can actually read each other’s minds during a mission:
- Infinite Rickrolls
- Wally making an obvious effort to not call Robin “Dick” when they’re linked and getting really frustrated
- Being spoiled about Christmas presents and surprise parties
- When one member gets hurt everyone feels it
- Dick and Wally trying to see how loud they can scream in their minds until Kaldur starts yelling at them
- Something blows up and everyone simultaneously goes “same"
- Everyone cringing when Conner and M'gann have really loud dirty thoughts about each other
- Hearing Kaldur mentally sigh at least fifteen times a mission
- When one person has a song stuck in their head, everyone gets the song in their head
- This of course leads to the entire team becoming a silent choir as they all mentally belt out Let It Go together while beating up bad guys
- When Raquel first joined, they learned that ”??????“ makes an actual sound in ones head
- Zatanna thinking backwards and giving everyone a headache
- They even linked up Wolf once just to see what it was like and they heard weird stuff like “Boy? Boy is bird?? He is puppy??? Need cuddles??? Must protect!!!” “Superboy!💗💗💗💗 Human! Best human! Best human in whole world!” “I good boy?? Treats????” “BANE BAD. KILL BANE. HE HURT BABIES?!?!?! BITE. BITE. BITE!!! I TREATS??? I DID GOOD??????” It was definitely a learning experience about how dogs work, and they also learned about how Wolf sees Robin as a small puppy in need of protection, so that was fun to tease him about.
- Conner screams even in his mind
- There is no privacy whatsoever, so that’s how the team learned things about each other that they will definitely regret knowing
- Artemis and Wally flirting all the time just to make everyone uncomfortable
- Falling asleep on stakeouts leads to seeing each other’s dreams and even interacting in them
- Once Wally had a nightmare about his father and everyone saw it, though Wally had no idea and was confused when they spent the rest of the week being really nice to him
- On really traumatic missions, sometimes one member will get flashbacks and all of them see it too
- Dick singing Bohemian Rhapsody for five hours straight
- The team learning that M'gann curses like a sailor in her head
- Kaldur mentally goes “WTF” so many times they lost count
- Silently judging everyone together
With M’gann’s hasty and unexpected exit from the show last week, I thought it would be nice to organise something to celebrate and remember her by. I miss her already and I’m hoping there are others out there who feel the same! She deserved a hell of a lot more than she got, and though we can’t change the show, we can appreciate what we did see of her, we can imagine what else her character might have done or might have become, and we can ensure she is not forgotten.
M’gann M’orzz Appreciation Week will run over seven days, with a specific theme for each day. All fanworks are more than welcome: gifs, graphics, fan art, fic, meta, headcanons, and so on. Themes and dates will be released in the next week. Currently taking theme suggestions and mod applications here.
Follow mgannmorzzappreciation to stay updated and reblog to help signal boost! <3
Thank you to @speedypan for helping me find inspiration today and helping with the ideas.
Based off Season 1 cast
- It was Kaldur’s idea. It was much needed team bonding after a long mission.
- Wally goes for all the food. So many options.
- Roy getting a giant chili dog.
- M'gann gets Connor to share cotton candy with her.
- I don’t know which was worse Zatana’s commets while they watched a magician or Dick playing the games.
- Like this boy grew up in a circus, so of course he knows how to win the basic games.
- He won everyone a prize.
- Artemis won a giant teddy bear from a target game.
- Wally said it was cheating.
- It’s not cheating if you have the skills.
- Roy goes and wins the same game to prove it.
- Kaldur’ played the water gun game against Wally, Roy, and Dick. He was so tempted to cheat using his power.
- Roy claims he cheated anyways
- M'gann was intrigued with all the live stock.
- Connor wishing he brought wolf.
- Zatana volunteered to be the magician assistant during the human saw portion.
- Vote for best food? Where can Wally sign up.
- Them all sitting on the curb eating ice cream with their prizes near them. Just having an afternoon being kids.
• Mon El gets shipped of to the island of lost characters, you know where lucy, Cat and recently M'gann are.
• Cat comes back dragging all the other females with her (lucy and M'gann) they leave Mon El behind because Cat thinks he’s a piece of shit that doesn’t deserve ‘Kiera’ ;)
• Kara is kara again, because honestly who is she right now. Having Mon El is not enough for her wtf she talking about?
• Single Kara, or Kara in a relationship with someone who actually appreciates her and knows that she is strong and doesn’t need to be defended all the time, someone who is there for her when she needs them, but still gives her the space to be who she is.
• Alex and Maggie just being their adorable selves, loving each other forever like the soulmate puppies they are.
• Alex and Maggie kicking ass together like the power couple they are.
• James and maggie brotp because come on it would be amazing!
• Alex looking at all these people in her life giggling around a board game at game night. She sees Kara’s sunshine smile and hears her belly laugh, sees Winns desperatly trying to Win, watches how James and Maggie team up against Winn to make sure he looses because it’s fun. She sees how J'onn watches her with Maggie with a proud look on his face. She sees Maggie’s beautiful dimpled smile, hears her giggle when James picks her up to reach something on a higher shelf than she can reach. And Alex wraps her arms around Maggie’s shoulders from behind pulling her into her chest and whispering 'I love you’ into her ear before kissing her cheek.
• basically the big Ole happy family.
• Lucy comes back, because honestly I’ve missed her. And bonus points if we get an Alex + Lucy brotp. Like lucy helping alex buy maggie a birthday gift or something like that.
• Supergirl getting to kick ass more, because I feel like there has been a slight lack of that.
• James being a character on the show again, like where has he been? Is he being sucked through the portal to the island of lost characters? Seems likely.
• Supergirl and guardian teaming up, coz I don’t like the tension between them.
• Drama, but nothing that upset the family you know just bad guys they have to defeat and what not.
• More Danvers Sister moments!! I need more of them they are amazing!
- feel free to add on.
Prompt ~ Christmas request set during YJ where the team gets snowed in and the everyone knows the reader and Tim like eachother and so they constantly try to get them under the mistletoe and at the end of the night they end up cuddling together bcs it “got cold” “but, there’s blankets everywher-” “SHUT UP BART, I SAID IT GOT COLD”
“What do you mean we’re snowed in?” You asked with a confused tone.
“The zeta tubes are down due to the crazy weather so we’re stuck here until further notice, sorry hermana.” Jamie explained as you both walked to the kitchen where the rest of team was hanging out.
“So what do you guys want to do?” Bart asked once you both settled down.
“I don’t know, what do normal teenagers do?” You retorted with a roll of your eyes.
“We can have a sleepover!” M’gann said excitedly clapping her hands, “Or we can watch movies in the media room?” Tim insisted
“That sounds like a better idea.” You sided with him, the team muttered sounds of agreements besides M’gann and Cassie but you outnumbered them and proceeded to head for the media room.
“You only said yes because it was Tim’s idea.” Cassie shoved your shoulder as you both walked down the hallways.
“Shut up.” You looked down a soft blush blooming across your cheeks and crawling up your neck, “Ohhh you really like him.” Cassie giggled.
“Oh come on you have to admit he’s cute.” Karen popped up next to you a sly smirk present on her face as you covered your face.
“Come on Tim.”
“Dick, no.” Tim groaned for what seemed the millionth time today.
“You like her just go for it.” Dick argued playfully, “I’m not you Dick I don’t have that type of confidence.” Tim replied with a frown.
“Come on what’s the worst that can happen?” Dick walked into the media room followed by the rest of the team, they stayed behind to continue their conversation.
“I don’t know rejection, humiliation, heartbreak? A lot of things can go wrong.” Tim listed off, “You’ll have to tell her how you feel sooner or later.” Dick sing songed as he sat down on a beanbag chair.
Tim sat down at the edge of the couch watching Bart and Jaime argue about what movie they should watch. His eyes lazily traveled to his right spotting you walking over to the boys, probably to stop their bickering.
“Hey Tim come over here.” Jamie called out to him a grin etched on his face as you nodded your head no repeatedly at Jamie. Tim stood up slowly unsure for what they wanted him for, he walked over only to be pushed by Bart causing him to land on top of you.
“I-I’m so s-sorry.” Tim babbled, his cheeks flushing at the close contact, “I-It’s f-fine.” You said noticing the mistletoe above you, Tim unaware since he wasn’t facing upwards. He pulled you up with him, groans audible from the team at the wasted opportunity.
You curled closer to Tim as you watched the christmas movie on the tv, you pulled your legs up and wrapped your arms around you trying to get more warmth.
“You cold?” Tim whispered noticing your discomfort, “Yeah.” You whispered back shivering a bit. Tim wrapped his arms around you, enveloping you with his body that was radiating with warmth. Both of you stayed close during the whole movie not noticing the many pairs of eyes noticing the close contact.
“So Tim and Y/N, getting a little cozy there huh?” Connor joked once the credits began to roll on the screen.
“We’re just cold.” You quickly answered in a high pitched voice.
“But there’s blankets everywhere-”
Tim cut Bart off, “We were cold.” He glared at him which shut Bart up immediately.
Calling all those strongly opposed to Karamel as a couple, Mon-El as a character, and the deplorable writing of the Supergirl staff and the toxic messages they’re sending: racism, sexism, misogyny.
We have the power to incite change. We have the power to turn the tables. Write them. Write media outlets. I’ve read some of your arguments, and they are great. Send them. Flood their inboxes. Give them all the negative press we can. Target the sponsors of the show.
If you are sick and tired of seeing them neglect Alex/Maggie in favor of Kara/Mon-El who spend 99% of the time arguing, tell them. If you are disgusted by the way The CW canned the interracial coupling of Kara/James as soon as they switched networks in favor of a white male, express yourself! If you are baffled by the message they are spreading by insinuating that we as women are supposed to forgive the man in the span of a few hours no matter how deeply betrayed or hurt we feel, let it be heard! If you are pissed because they sent M'gann to her home planet therefore alienating (pun intended) yet another black man to allow for more Mon-El screen time, shout it out! Whatever has struck a nerve with how terribly this season has gone all because of a privileged frat boy from Daxam crash landing on earth, let them know.
Don’t think it won’t matter. It will. Ratings matter. The show may be renewed for season 3, but we have the power to dictate how that season will play out. Storylines are NOT set in stone. We have to be proactive! Raise hell. Stand up for Kara Zor-El because clearly we cannot trust anyone else to do it for her. Let’s take our show back.
If anyone remembers the shit storm with The 100 and the whole Lincoln/Lexa thing, then you already know what a fandom can do when they write sponsors and fight for their voices to be heard.
You can’t help but stare in amazement. You’ll admit it, you’re freaking out just a tiny bit. You turn to Bruce, because you just can’t think of your husband as Batman. Even with the cowl, yhe cape, and the armor, “Okay this place is amazing. It needs some work, but it’s amazing.”
Dick comes flipping by a moment later, “What are you talking about Mom? This place is great. There’s a ton of room, and have you seen this computer system?”
You smile, “Yes, it is amazing. But it just needs a few homey touches, especially if people are going to be living here.”
Dick grins, and you wish you could see his eyes, “You planning on booting me out?”
You pull him in for a hug, noting how much he’s grown in the past few years. He’s short for his age group, but he’s not that skinny little kid anymore. It makes you just the tiniest bit sad, your little boy is growing up.
He hugs you back, squeezing extra tight, and as always you wait for him to let go first. Then he’s cartwheeled out of the room a second later. You turn to Bruce and say, “That kid has entirely too much energy. We’ve got to cut out the sugar cereal or something.”
Bruce’s arms surround you from behind, and his voice takes on its normal tone, “Alfred only lets him have sugar once in a blue moon.”
Your hands cover his, “You’re right. It must be those chocolate bars you slip him when Alfred isn’t looking.”
Bruce just chuckles before kissing your cheek, “Have I mentioned how nice you look in your mask?”
You turn to face him, “Not yet,” You kiss him.
“Well, you look amazing. It’s very Batmom.”
“Well that’s what I was going for with the jeans, and the sweater, and the boots, and of course the mask.”
He kisses you one more time, before pulling back and putting some distance between you. A moment later the loud speaker comes on and announces J’onn, Ollie, Arthur, and Barry. You greet each of them with a smile, and a hug. The leaguers had long become regular house guests at the manor.
“Alright, where are the kids? Where’d you hide them?”
Barry just laughs as he picks you up and spins you around with a wink. You can almost feel Bruce’s glare at the man, “They’re just behind us, J’onn is keying them in now.”
You can’t seem to wipe the smile off of your face, “Good to know. I can’t wait to meet them.”
“Let’s see if you’re saying that after the first week,” Ollie teases.
You ignore the comment, “Any word from Roy?”
The look in his eyes tells you everything, you just give him a sad smile, and say, “He’ll come around eventually. It’s just growing pains right now. He needs a little independence. It happens with all teenagers.”
Ollie just nods as the computer announces the arrival of the kids. You bring two fingers to your mouth and let out a shrill whistle, and a moment later Dick comes running in. He skids to a halt right in front of the Zeta tube.
You smile as you watch him interact with the team. He’s never been all that great at making friends with the kids at his school. They simply come from two different worlds, so it’s nice to see him joking around with kids his own age.
When Superboy and M’gann come into the room, you quietly slip out of the room as Bruce begins the informational session. You begged him to not be too harsh. You make yourself at home in the kitchen. You’d ordered a ton of materials and cooking utensils. You do your best to start organizing things.
You keep yourself busy until the gaggle of kids comes in. You laugh to yourself as Wally and Dick fight for M’gann’s attention. They don’t seem to notice you until you purposefully drop a pan. The kids all jump as they turn to face you, and you just smile. “So what’re you kids up to?”
Wally’s eyes brighten as they land on you “Aunt …” He stops just short of saying your name and turns to Dick for help.
Dick just grins, “Guys, this is my mom. Codename Batmom.”
As you expected, Wally bursts into laughter “Please tell me the big bad bat thought of that.”
One hand goes to your hip, as you do your best to harden your expression “No, Wallace West, I did. You know how the big bad bat feels about secret identities.”
He sobers up at that statement “Sorry Aunt Batmom, please don’t take away the sugar cookies.”
“Sugar Cookies?” Kaldur asks
Dick cuts in before Wally can “Mom loves to bake. She can’t cook to save her life, but she sure can bake.”
“Her sugar cookies are the best.” Wally add
Dick just shrugs “I like her double chocolate chip chunk cookies the best. But she has tons of different recipes and she’s always trying new recipes. And if you do your homework, and keep your grades up, she’ll let you lick the bowl.”
You ruffle Dick’s hair. “Speaking of which don’t you have an Algebra test on Friday.”
“I got it covered mom.”
“I know. So, what are you kids up to?”
“I was going to show everyone the bio ship.”
You face J’onn’s niece. “You must be M’gann. It’s so nice to meet you.”
“Nice to meet you too.”
Then you turn to Kaldur, “You must be Kaldur. Robin’s told me a lot about you. And you must be Superboy.”
Kaldur greets you with the same reserved emotion his mentor had, and Superboy just nods. You can’t help but smile as they walk away, chatting, and laughing.
About an hour later, a hand slides across your hip. Smiling you turn to face Bruce. “You’re not wearing your cowl; doesn’t that go against the batcode? Do I have to write you a citation?”
He smiles “All of the cameras have been turned off.”
Your arms slip around his neck, as his wrap around your waist, and you kiss him “Well as long as we’re protected.” The kiss is interrupted a moment later by a loud alarm, and then Bruce is pulling away, and pulling his cowl back over his head, before he breaks into a sprint. You’re rushing after him not even a second later.
The two of you stop in the main cavern, where a screen shows all of the kids versus a robotic suit. “Bruce, what’s going on?”
“They took the ship out, and Red Tornado picked up a tripped alarm and sent the team after it. They’re not faring too well. I’ll …”
You place a hand on his arm, stopping him mid-sentence “How much danger are they in?”
Bruce hesitates for a moment before saying, “The danger level is low, and Tornado is nearby.”
You smile and say, “And they’ll have more dangerous missions than this one I’m guessing?” After a second he nods, “Then give them a chance, Bruce. You said it yourself, they have to learn to work as a team.”
Bruce relaxes into your touch, before saying, “I’m not there if something goes wrong.”
You go up on your toes to kiss his cheek, “You can’t always be there when something goes wrong. It’s better to let them get their feet wet when the situation isn’t dire.”
There’s a moment of silence before Bruce asks, “How in the world are you staying so calm right now? Whenever Dick comes home with a scratch you threaten to make me sleep on the couch.”
You cuddle into his embrace, “I just realized that Dick is growing up. He’s not eight anymore. I have to let him grow up, and in the meantime I will put all my fear and worry into my baking. Any special requests?”
Bruce just smiles, “Peanut butter, please.”
You kiss him one more time, “You got it Batman. I’ll even save a beater for you to lick later.”
He just smiles and says, “Sounds good, I’ll let you know when everything is done.”
You thank him and make your way back to the kitchen. You start in on three different batches of cookies. You’ve just put them into the oven when Bruce lets you know that all the kids are okay, and that he’s heading back to Gotham for the night. You send him on his way with a peanut butter cookie beater.
The kids storm the kitchen just as you’re pulling the cookies out of the oven. You set the cookies down on the table and listen as they chat about the mission. After they’ve cleared out the cookies, you set down the batter covered bowls. It’s as you’re rinsing the bowls and putting them in the dishwasher that M’gann approaches you, “Those cookies were amazing.”
You can’t help but smile, “Thank you. I’m glad you liked them,” There’s a moment of silence, before you ask, “Would you like me to show you how to make them?”
When her eyes light up you know that you’ve made the right choice in offering, “Really? That would be amazing! Are you sure you have the time?”
When she starts to float, you know that even if you didn’t have the time, you would have made the time, “I have more than enough time. How’s Wednesday sound?”
“That sounds perfect! Anytime is fine too! I have nothing going on.”
“It’ll have to be around four, is that okay?”
Her squeal of excitement lets you know that it’s perfect, and you leave the room when you’re done, allowing the kids their privacy. You wait for Dick in the lounge area. When he comes through, by himself, you smile, “All done for the day?”
He just smiles and sits down next to you, “Yeah, we’re done for the day. Thanks for the cookies by the way.”
You wrap an arm around his shoulders and give a squeeze, “I was happy to do it.”
“M’gann is really excited about the whole baking thing too.”
You laugh, “Yeah, I could tell,” There’s a moment of silence before you say, “I also noticed how your cheeks got just this hint of red whenever she talked to you.”
You just laugh and say, “Come on Boy Wonder, let’s go home. Agent A will have dinner on the table soon, and then there’s patrol tonight.”
Dick bounces off the seat and begins running towards the zeta tube, “Well then, let’s go. It’s Tuesday, that means a steak.”