Hello. First things first, love your prompts😍 truly brilliant. Second, I need a first line (or paragraph if you prefer) on a young boy age 5/6 following a whistling sound that carries on the wind. For some reason he is the only one that is curious about the whistle and wishes to find the source of it. Do you get my drift or am I not being clear enough? Thanks in advance xoxo
Aw thanks so much, I’m glad they’re of use to you! I really like this idea, I’ll drop you some prompts so you can pick XD Also I’ve sort of named the boy Sammy, I know that probably isn’t his name, but I needed one to work with, hehe:
- He tugged relentlessly at his mothers sleeve, begging for her to leave the playground the minute school had ended. She was becoming aggravated, he could tell, but showed no sign of it as she spoke to the parents surrounding them. “Sammy, what is it? I was talking!” She asked him, a dash of anger in her tone. “It’s that whist-” He began, before being cut off, “For the last time Sammy, there is no sound!”
- The sky looked a funny colour and he giggled to himself, joining the stars in funny patterns. “Sammy? Time for bed.” He flipped onto his stomach to face the door to their cottage, his mother turning in the doorway to reenter the kitchen. That’s when it happened for maybe the eighth time that week. His ears perked up and he jumped to his feet, catching his foot on a root and almost losing his balance. He was going to find it. He was, he thought to himself as he ran into the forest behind their cottage.
- Sammy was always on about the noise these days. His talking therapist had told him it was due to the loss of his father, his mother said he needed a hearing test and Adrian was always right, because he was seven days older than Sammy. That meant that when Adrian had told him it was a warning that the apocalypse was among them, Sammy took his advice and went looking for it. Because Adrian knew his facts and he had a book of supernatural creatures for 10+, which was naughty because they were only five.
- “Sammy, slow down!” Charlie was running behind him, heaving lungfuls of air as he slowed. Sammy swung round, not the slightest bit out of breath, he was well accustomed with running here every night to try and wait up for the whistling sound. Only Charlie knew that, though. “Do you hear it? I think it’s getting louder!” Sammy exclaimed, Charlie didn’t look convinced. He hadn’t heard it from the beginning, only once thinking he’d heard, but to no avail. Sammy dragged him on, not giving him a moment to catch his breath.
- “So, will you come?” He asked hopefully, watching her with bright eyes, unblinking. She huffed a little and her scrawny hair fanned out behind her. Sammy always thought she was like Hermione from the Harry Potter books his mother used to read to him. Unlike Hermione, she wore glasses and had long blonde hair, but the connection of being ever-so intelligent was there. She knew everything, she was sure to know what the noise was and maybe even had heard it herself.
Are these okay? This was really fun XD It was like being prompted to write prompts! If you need anymore help, don’t hesitate to message me, I’d be happy to try and do what I can. Good luck on your story, lots of love from Yasmine xox