Before My Feet Touch the Ground dir. Daphni Leef (2017)
Daphni was a film student in the summer of 2011 when she set up a tent on the Rothschild boulevard in Tel Aviv to protest rising housing costs. Little did she know that she would become the leader of a major social protest. The film depicts the adversity of struggle and what happens when a woman who focuses on imagery all her life becomes an image herself.
Loki is the master of the non-binary.
• This may be just be my UPG (Unverified Personal Gnosis) but Loki is preeeeeetty genderfluid. That, or he doesn’t give a shit and laughs at gender norms. And sex norms, for that matter. He’s also sexfluid. He’s a mother and a father. He’s chaos. He does not let any boundary define or hold him. He can be destructive, but the chaos can be creative, too. After all, Mjollnir only exists through his antics! He doesn’t even conform to the gender norms in his name- He takes his last name from his MOTHER, Laufey. Not his Father, Farbauti.
Chinese Mythology is rife with LGBTQ and Non-Binaries
• Fun fact: Chinese mythology is rich in homosexuality. Same-sex love was believed to have originated in the south, so homosexuality was sometimes called “the southern wind”. Lots of spirits and deities were associated with homosexuality, bisexuality and transgenderism. These include Shou Wang, Shan Gu, Gun, and Yu the Great.
Chinese mythology is also rich in gay animal spirits and faries. Most of them like young men or boys, but there is one exception. Dragons like their men to be older.
Mizi Xia and the Duke Ling of Wei were gay, as were Lord Long Yang and an unnamed king of Wei.
• The son of Aphrodite and Hermes. He was born as a very handsome boy and then transformed into an androgynous being. He has a female figure and male genitals.
• The androgynous form of the Hindu god Shiva and his consort Pavarti. They are half male and half female, split right down the middle. The right is male and the left is female.
• Egyptian God of the Nile, he has breasts and a belly resembling a pregnant woman’s.
• In Japanese, they are called Kannon. In Korean, they’re called Gwan-Eum. They have both male and female forms. They may be also considered agender.
• Egyptian Deification of the primal waters, can be depicted as male or female. Nunet is her female name and Nun is his male name.
• Egyptian deification of fate. Shai is depicted as both male and female at different occasions.
• He appears as androgynous, god of love. His blood is female, and his masculinity is a form of fire and light. He has charm over all creatures and gender.
• The androgynous creator god of Polynesia.
• One of the Eight Immortals in Chinese mythology, their age and sex are unknown. They wear sexually ambiguous clothing, but are sometimes shown as weither a young boy or a young girl holding a bamboo basket. They are the patron of minstrels, and in another story their song is prophecy. They also wear only one shoe. Like ALL other Chinese immortals, they have an eternal drunken stupor and left the world on the back of a swan or a crane one day after they were in a tavern and said they had to go to the bathroom. Before leaving, they stripped naked, of course.
• Another Egyptian creator god, he created himself. He created himself out of Nun, or the waters of chaos, and brought the gods and cosmos into being.
• Aztec god of duality, creator of Cemanahuatl. Her female aspect is called Omecihuatl.
Greek Gods. Lots and lots of Greek Gods. Some of them also have relations with females, but here’s a list of homosexual acts the Greek Gods do.
• Achilles and Patroclus
Achilles and Troilus
Agamemnon and Argynnus
Agathaidas and Phalanthus
Ameinias and Narcissus
Apollo and Hyacinth
Apollo and Hymenaios
Chrysippus and Laius
Daphnis and Pan
Dionysus and Ampelus
Dionysus and Prosymnus
Euryalus and Nisus
Heracles and Abderus
Heracles and Hylas
Heracles and Iolaus
Hermes and Krokus
Ianthe and Iphis
Poseidon and Pelops
Polyeidos and Glaucus
Orpheus and the Thracians
Orpheus and Kalais
Apollo/Silvanus and Cyparissus
Zeus (Artemis) and Callisto
Zeus and Ganymede
• Fun fact, the Greek Goddess of love, beauty, pleasure and procreation is also the Goddess of lesbians.
• Although Frey himself isn’t gay, this Norse God of Fertility was worshipped by a cult of homosexuals and effeminate priests. I think that’s awesome enough for a place on this list.
• Aztec God of games, beauty, dance, flowers, song, and homosexuals.
• Homosexuality is said to be brought to humans by two of Amaterasu’s servants named Sinu No Hafuri and Ama No Hafuri.
It is said when Shinu died, Ama committed suicide, and they were buried together.
Tu Er Shen
• “Rabbit Deity” in Chinese. He is the protector of gay lovers. He was originally a man named Wu Tien Bao who fell in love with an imperial official. When he declared his love, the official beat him to death. Because his crime was love, the Chinese Underworld officials righted this injustice by making him GOD AND PROTECTOR OF ALL GAYS.
Cuchilainn and Ferdiah
• These two foster brothers/best friends/lovers were forced to fight one another. Ferdiah says they shared their bed, and after the first day of conflict, they were found kissing. Also on the third day, Cuchilainn pierced Ferdiah in the anus with a spear since his horny skin can’t be pierced. Literally, unfortunately, that wasn’t a euphemism. He died.
• Ah, Zeus. King of the Greek Gods that can’t keep it in his pants swings all ways. He had sex with women, women as animals, heroic men and gorgeous young boys. Good ol’ Zeus. Ten for you, Zeus.
GODS BREAKING GENDER NORMS: Odin
• Odin, the Allfather and King of all Nordic Gods took part in magic known as Seidr. Both genders could practice the Seidr, but it was mostly a female art. It was a social taboo and seen as a woman’s job. It also may have been a form of sex magic, with imitation penises involved.
Hello! This is my first masterpost and I thought to make it about classical music since I do have a bit of knowledge in that area. The music and playlists I chose here are chosen along my personal preferences — they may not work for you! Please let me know if any of the links don’t work etc. etc. Hope you like it!
[[[ Also, please do not consider classical music as only useful for studying; you might not like it which is fine, but it’s an autonome genre of music. It is made for listening and enjoying just like pop or death metal. It holds emotion just like other genres of music. ]]]
Period Study: Volume 1 by ankwa: a great playlist of medieval, mostly vocal music, but it’s in latin i think so unless you speak it it shouldn’t be distracting!
Period Study: Volume 2 by ankwa: pretty much all instrumental music from the Renaissance period. upbeat and fun to listen to, very motivational.
Period Study: Volume 3 by ankwa: baroque music from the same collection, again pretty much all instrumental. this one i like less because it makes me jam too much, but maybe you’ll like it.
late morning studying by Montague-Fuzzlepeck: a bit more vocals but very relaxing overall. it’s not just classical though and contains some classical crossover etc.
Keep It Classycal by Audiophile: exclusively classical music; contains some popular pieces like Bach’s Cello Suite no. 1 Prelude and Pachelbel’s Canon in D.
The Best of Bach: as the title of the video says. for some of the pieces, the audio level varies a lot so make sure to not put your volume too high!
Chopin Complete Nocturnes: again, it’s exactly what the title says. i like full videos for these things because there are no ads before every single piece!
Some of these are longer, some shorter; maybe you could listen to them to see if you like them and make a playlist out of your favourites! They are all links from YouTube as that is usually what I use to listen to music.
A/n: warning:: there’s some slight cursing nothing too bad besides who cares I swear all the time.
He felt like an absolute idiot. He regretted everything he said to girl, he pushed his fists into his long platinum blonde hair, clenching until his scalp went sore. He leant over a bathroom sink staring at his tear stained cheeks, damming himself for being so weak all because of y/n. He replayed his words over and over again wishing he could change them, he wanted to tell her is wasn’t true.
“Draco, please I’m really trying here I just want to kno-”
“Y/n, shut the hell up! You never cared until now why do you deserve to know what’s wrong with me!” The girl stepped away from him, the tears of anger and upset burned her eyes.
“Draco, I think I-” she’d had enough of being weak, subjecting to her boyfriends will. She had enough of being in a one sided relationship. He had truly broken her.
“I want to fucking know! I don’t know about you but seeing as I have stayed with you, I have been your one and only true friend. I fucking loved you, so so much!” The tears fell freely. She. Was. Broken.
Draco stared at the furious girl in front of him.
“I don’t give a shit y/l/n, I never loved you” he seemed to say it so quietly but the words he whispered hurt more than his dismissive tone. The girl turned quickly and ran away, her hair flowing behind her…
Draco took himself off to bed, without y/n for the first time in a whole year. He didn’t sleep, he couldn’t the girl he had always called his, he wished to call her, his for as long as possible hopefully, forever but he ruined it. Deciding he knew how badly he hurt the girl, he couldn’t stand to listen to her distance cries and occasional comforting comments from Daphnie and Tracy.
Draco stormed out of the dorms thought the common room, where y/n’s sobbing had become louder. He barely made it up the stairs when he, himself broke down into tears. Draco collapsed onto the staircase Holding his head in his hands. The sleeves of his shirt had fallen down before his wrist, the open mouth of a snake peered out seeping into his skin.
He couldn’t handle it anymore he wanted nothing to do with Voldemort or in fact his father.
“Dray… I-” The looked up to be greeted by the puffy red eyes of his …ex girlfriend.
“Y/n! I’m so happy you’re here” She looked back at him as he jumped to his feet to embrace her.
“Draco, please no. You’ve hurt me enough I- Dray, have you been crying?” She looked into his grey eyes with her eyebrows furrowed, studying his features.
“Yes, I have, and it’s all because I can’t stand living with myself, knowing how much I hurt you. It’s killing me. I meant nothing that I said to you.” He stumbled over his words as they poured out of his mouth. “I love you, I always have. I love you so so so much”
She stared back at him, forcing her hands ,which he so desperately wanted to hold, through a tangle in her hair.
“You really, hurt me Dray. How do I know if I can trust you again. What you did really, really hurt. I don’t want to go through that again” her last words gave him hope you that she felt the same as him, that she wanted to stay with him forever.
“Y/n, please. I promise with all my heart that I could never hurt you ever again. If I did I would never be able to live with myself. I love you so much Princess I can’t bare to see you in pain. Especially if I’m the one who caused it.”
He pulled her into his arms and kissed her lips as gentle as possible.
“I don’t care what they say Draco, but I’m in love with you”.
-hope you enjoyed it. Please leave requests and I will get back to you as soon as possible.
Sorry for being inactive since I posted the ‘I Win’ Smut but it’s GCSE season and I have been frantically writing new Imagines this half term so hopefully I can start posting them soon.
what sexuality headcanons do you have/believe? for Harry Potter obviously!
Usually i tend to read him as heterosexual, but I am totally open to the idea of bisexual James Potter.
Okay so this one fluctuates, I tend to think of him as homosexual, but I personally think Sirius Black was down for anyone he thought was attractive. So… pansexual but with a preference for men.
My little bisexual werewolf.
I tend to think of Peter as my little Ace/Aro bean because I perceive him as that way, but I’m down for any variation of queer Pete anyone wants to throw at me.
Bisexual Lily Evans 2K16
I have and always will headcanon Marlene as a lesbian…. So Marlene is a lesbian…
…And this is her wife, Dorcas.
I haven’t really thought about it, and my default is to assume everyone is pansexual until proven otherwise.
Same as Alice.
I 110% believe in demisexual Severus Snape. No one can convince me otherwise.
Golden Trio Gen
My little bisexual. Poor lad, he doesn’t even know. (I can also read him as 100% gay if someone decides to write him that way… but I think that’s just my drarry trash showing.)
I headcanon Hermione as demisexual. Preference for one Ronald Weasley
My straight guy. Ron is a huge ally once Harry and Hermione come out to him, but his preference lies strictly with the ladies.
Okay so Neville give me a lot of frustration, because on one hand I absolute love the idea of Hannah, Luna, Pansy, and Neville as one GIANT polyamorous love puddle, but on the other hand I love the idea of GAY AF NEVILLE LONGBOTTOM.
Personally I love lesbian Ginny Weasley, but I can also read her as bisexual.
My bisexual bean.
Default pansexual until proven otherwise.
Default pansexual until proven otherwise.
“There’s two of us, mate! I would think it would be irresponsible not to swing in two directions.”
“I agree 100% with you, Freddie. Irresponsible.”
PANSEXUAL ANGELINA 2K16
Okay Oliver is an interesting one, because I can read him as Gay with a capital G or I can read him as my little Ace/Aro bean.
I always headcanon him as a little gay bean.
The straight little brother who would punch anyone in the nose for fucking with his Gay older brother.
Let’s be honest. Bill can have whoever he wants. He’s my pansexual man because thinking of him as straight with that much power over all the genders makes me cry.
ACE/ARO CHARLIE WEASLEY 2K16
aka: “Dragons are better than people”
My little straight guy.
Another Straight guy… but with a capital S
I love reading Ace/Aro Luna Lovegood, but I can also get behind pansexual Luna who doesn’t like labels.
My straight girl who breaks the hearts of all the queer girls. It’s just not fair.
I usually read him as gay, but from my own headcanons… lets say bisexual.
Can I please have lesbian Padma Patil? Thanks.
BISEXUAL WITH TOO MUCH POWER.
Pansexual Tonks 2k16
Can I have my lesbian hufflepuff? Thanks.
I love talking about Draco and his sexuality because I love the idea that he is homosexual but, due to his strong ties to family honour, he still marries Astoria and has Scorpius….
and Astoria knows, and is cool with it because she’s as gay as he is. So they both form this Gay Alliance that lets their parents stay happy, and in return they have security with each other and can amicably either divorce or see other people.
Much like Sirius Black, Pansy is pansexual but with a preference for women.
I read him as gay or straight. I love the idea of Queer AF Zabini walking into clubs with Draco, but I also love the idea of Straight Zabini STILL walking into clubs with Draco because the beer here is better, and the bar is cleaner.