some of the pranks green day has pulled on other bands
- kaiser chiefs: green day brings an entire jazz band onto the stage during their set.
- prima donna: crashes their set with toilet paper, confetti, booze, and costumes. also filled their dressing with smoke and confetti.
- franz ferdiand: gets a bunch of random guys to play bagpipes onstage to while wearing kilts. also toilet paper flies everywhere.
- jet: green day goes onstage dressed up as animals with a bunch of male strippers. the male strippers start taking their clothes off onstage.
- the bravery: popcorn, mascots, male strippers, and toilet paper everywhere. the bravery actually got revenge on green day by “recreating” woodstock 94 and having mud flying around during their set.
- rise against: tre cool brings a foosball table onstage and starts playing it with the band members during their show.
- billy talent: tre cool gets the sound people to create a loud bang during the song “rusted from the rain”. the entire band gets really scared but then laugh after realizing it was tre pranking them.
- paramore: same thing as billy talent. tre cool creates an unexpected explosion.
- 30 seconds to mars: this was at a music festival so they weren’t even technically playing with green day but tre (obviously) decided to prank them anyways. he goes onstage dressed up as jared leto and starts banging cymbals while dancing around the stage.
- afi: green day comes onstage in the middle of their set dressed in animal mascot costumes.
- my chemical romance: had a huge garbage bag full of popcorn above the stage that opened during mcr’s set, covering everything with popcorn. every time gerard way tried to say something into his microphone, a loud explosion would interrupt him. green day then proceeds to come onstage, fighting each other with light sabers.
- jimmy eat world: green day would randomly set off concussion light blasts in the middle of songs.
- the interrupters: green day crashed their set while in costume and tried blindfolding all the band members and putting tape over their mouths while the interrupters were trying to sing.
there are more but these are some of my favourite ones. this band is honestly out of control.