So here are some of my favourite fics on AQ (and one that isn’t on AQ.) I’ve categorised them by pairing, mostly Trixya because that’s my main pairing but hopefully there’s enough choice for everyone here. I’m sure there’s some I’m forgetting, but these were the ones that came to mind :)
AN - Hiya! Okay so this fic has been in my head for honestly months, it’s chaptered and features cis girl artist Katya and smitten Brian and is probably the most cliche, cheesy fic you’ll ever read. I truly hope you enjoy it and I’d appreciate any feedback from you lovely lot <3 (ps thank you Vixen for betaing for me)
ooh, this ship doesn’t have a name, which means if it gets more fodder, it totally can get one
Aoi x Hayami
“Akira, you gotta let her go.” Hayami said, clapping her boss on the shoulder. “You’re too old to “get” her anymore. She’s a teenager, and you’re and adult.” She went back to cheering Blue Angel on.
“Do you propose you would be more suitable to talk to her?” Akira asked abruptly. “You are… more her age.” Hayami was about 18, maybe older, but that was close enough, right?
Hayami flushed. “Me? Talk to THE Blue Angel?” she gasped.
“Aoi. You will speak to Aoi.” He reminded her, and she nodded. “Just act casual for the first few times, but then try to talk to her once you gain her trust-”
“FIRST FEW?” she squealed. “I get to hang out with her more than once?” Akira coughed nervously and Hayami calmed down. “Alright sir, I will not let you down.” She was still fangirling on the inside. This was going to be… AWESOME!
“I will dispense for now from discussion of the moral character of the president’s Charlottesville statements. Whether he intended to or not, what he communicated caused racists to rejoice, minorities to weep, and the vast heart of America to mourn. His apologists strain to explain that he didn’t mean what we heard. But what we heard is now the reality, and unless it is addressed by the president as such, with unprecedented candor and strength, there may commence an unraveling of our national fabric.
"The leaders of our branches of military service have spoken immediately and forcefully, repudiating the implications of the president’s words. Why? In part because the morale and commitment of our forces — made up and sustained by men and women of all races — could be in the balance. Our allies around the world are stunned and our enemies celebrate; America’s ability to help secure a peaceful and prosperous world is diminished. And who would want to come to the aid of a country they perceive as racist if ever the need were to arise, as it did after 9/11?
"In homes across the nation, children are asking their parents what this means. Jews, blacks, Hispanics, Muslims are as much a part of America as whites and Protestants. But today they wonder. Where might this lead? To bitterness and tears, or perhaps to anger and violence?
"The potential consequences are severe in the extreme. Accordingly, the president must take remedial action in the extreme. He should address the American people, acknowledge that he was wrong, apologize. State forcefully and unequivocally that racists are 100% to blame for the murder and violence in Charlottesville. Testify that there is no conceivable comparison or moral equivalency between the Nazis — who brutally murdered millions of Jews and who hundreds of thousands of Americans gave their lives to defeat — and the counter-protestors who were outraged to see fools parading the Nazi flag, Nazi armband and Nazi salute. And once and for all, he must definitively repudiate the support of David Duke and his ilk and call for every American to banish racists and haters from any and every association.
"This is a defining moment for President Trump. But much more than that, it is a moment that will define America in the hearts of our children. They are watching, our soldiers are watching, the world is watching. Mr. President, act now for the good of the country.”
Summary: Leia sends the reader to Starkiller Base to try to bring Ben Solo home. However the reader fully believes him to be dead and gone, replaced by Kylo Ren. Nothing will convince the reader otherwise, not even Kylo Ren himself.
Word Count: 2,000+
Warnings: The reader fears death (many times?) at least once. Torture is mentioned in passing, but not practiced. (I wrote this almost a year ago. lmk if I missed anything)
“Reason with him, Y/N. Please, just try to reason with him.” That had been the plea of General Organa. “He won’t listen to me,” she had said. “I’m the reason he went to the Dark Side in the first place. But he might see sense if you show it to him.” This was not an official mission. This was not mandatory. This was a request from a mother for the sake of her son. You were doing this for General Organa, because she thought that Ben might still be alive. You didn’t have the heart to tell her that you knew that Ben was gone forever, without redemption.
You approached Starkiller Base, not concerned with how you were going to get onto it, but rather what you were going to say to Kylo Ren once you were there. You hadn’t seen him in years, but when you saw him last, you had had enough time to break each other’s hearts. How he would react to seeing you again, what would happen to you, and whether you would even be able to land were all mysteries.
“We have you on our screens, now. Please identify,” a voice came from the Base’s Air Traffic Control.
“Diplomatic mission from the Ileenium System,” you announced. “Ambassador Transport X-Wing requesting deactivation of the deflector shield.”
There was nothing but static on the other end for a while, then the same voice spoke again. “We were not informed of any such mission from your system. State your personal identification.”
You closed your eyes, trying to think. But you let your thoughts slip past your control, and suddenly, you knew exactly what to say. “Kylo Ren,” you spoke to him. You somehow knew that he was there, listening. “You know who I am. Give me clearance, or I’ll tattle to your mother about you.”
Your song Secret Door off Humbug ends with the lyrics ‘fools on parade conduct a sing along.’ How do you feel about your devoted fans singing along to all of your songs at shows? Do you still like it? Does it make you feel weird? Or both? (CD 101 Interview)
Under the cut are #315 Arctic Monkeys lyrics that can work as para titles. Bolded ones are suited for self paras, and the ones in italics are my favorites. Would you please like or reblog this, if you find it helpful in any way?
Happy holidays and Happy 2017 to all of my fellow shipmates and sisters!
Well. The marbles have been rolling around in my head since I awoke this morning and I must get them to quit. So you, my dear friends, will help me settle thus said marbles by bearing my thoughts, theories, and any other fuckery that might roll with the words that come out with the marbles.
In no order - can’t tell which marble will spill first (just like BINGO balls in the old BINGO cage).
1. It is of my opinion, and has been for a long time, that the RING Cait wears supposedly to represent Frank’s marriage to Claire, could very easily be Cait’s own wedding ring. I know it’s nothing fancy, or so it appears, but how easy would that be? She could be married to Sam all the while playing Claire. It is also my opinion that she has some knocker of a ring somewhere that Sam gave her that would just make us all salivate. Maybe someday we will be able to see it.
2. Someone said somewhere in the last months since the BAFTA’S, that the way Tony and you know who acted like they were acquainted and well schooled with each other upon arrival. Said person called them “paid escorts?” Now this theory sounds very sane to me. So, with the arrival of the new pics of Sam and “his girl” at an airport going somewhere together, could be another of those paid opportunities. Maybe to the Audi thing? I have only seen two of the photos and their interaction with each other baffles me. I agree with the ANON who said that there really isn’t a correct way to be in an airport with a SO, but give me a break. One of the two looks like he would rather be elsewhere.
3. I believe that Sam and Cait have been married at least since 2015. I also believe that they celebrated Christmas in Ireland with each other and Cait’s family. Who knows? Maybe Sam’s mom and brother’s family were there too.
4. Questions asked by that girl whom I can never remember her name, gave a lot away. The “cook” or “eat out” answer by Sam - oops, said too much? Cait’s face when that happened was so cute! Like “what a dork”! While Cait talked about her “get away”, Sam’s face went through so many emotions! I can imagine in his head he was thinking, “WTF am I gonna say now?” and then he came up with the “amazing year” thing and the conversation came to an abrupt end. I feel so sorry for him in those times because when it comes to ACTING his own personal emotions, HE SUCKS BIG TIME AT IT.
5. I’m sure she is actually a nice person, but after the naked butt Instagram pic, which made me spit out my cocktail upon seeing it, I now do not care for her. Can you imagine what her mom and dad said when they saw that? My dad would have skinned me alive for something like that. But maybe, her parents are not like mine or me. My kid’s Cabaret Emcee picture, mostly naked with a cigarette in his hand and the best damn eye makeup I have ever seen, along with big ole ruby lips - about sent me into cardiac arrest! And he ain’t a girl in a t shirt on a ladder!
6. Why can’t Sam just be a respectable, good guy, married and settled man? I find that so much more appealing and sexy than the cad about town, sex fiend these little bits of fluff say about him. And, I believe, that he would prefer that too. I adore the Barbour Man, cutting down a Christmas tree for the fam, charitable guy, that we get to see now and then. Makes me wonder if Barbour likes their spokesperson flaunted like this.
7. Sorry, told you it was a lot of marbles… Get another dram and settle in for the rest.
8. NO WAY, NO HOW, does someone act with a FRIEND like Sam and Cait do together. That is REAL SHIT we see with the two of them. Soul mates, lovers, spouses, very CLOSE, significant other vibes rocking with those two. I haven’t seen anyone close to making the fire works go off with either of them. And, I must add, it will take A SHIT LOAD OF AMAZING ACTING to get me to think that they are not the other’s everything. I ain’t leaving this ship - I’d be stupid to.
9. Almost there. I don’t know who it is that thinks that this is a good idea for the show, career, Sam only fans, what ever. This is madness and to me, only shows poorly for Sam’s image. There are PLENTY of wonderful and powerful married acting couples out there that have success and keep their jobs and their marriage. This is crazy. Do I think it will stop? I want it too, but I don’t think it will be easy to do. Whoever is running this scam is making a big mistake.
10. I love Sam and Cait. I truly feel sorry for them. It must be achingly painful to sit by and watch your SO pretend to be with someone else. BUT, I also hate that S&C are allowing this to happen. AND, if it’s their idea to do this crap to keep eyes off of their personal relationship, they need their heads examined and some pretty in depth therapy. A grown man and woman living their lives and love in the shadows is just plain stupid. Sam and Cait, you are missing out on the best years as a couple. Tell whoever to sod off. Or reevaluate for yourselves. There’s years and decades of wonderful, fulfilling marriages on this ship and we will all tell you that this is just wrong. Love should be flaunted, cherished, and lived out loud. Just ask us…
11. Sorry. A couple of marbles left. I think Sam and/or Cait read a lot of our blogs. Maybe not mine, but I think they read and follow and sometimes go ANON - ING. I would if I were them.
12. Sam and Cait. I’m sorry, but you aren’t fooling anyone. Parade all the blonde chick a dees and suavey boy things you want. We got eyes and we are not stupid. Try harder. One way or another. It’s YOUR life, not ours’. We adore both of you and wish the best for you. Now how about doing that for yourselves? Aren’t you worth it?
You know what’s cool? A music video made on an iPhone. You know what’s even cooler? A music video made with 5,016 separate iPhone images all filtered through PhotoTropedelic for extra effect. Like this video right here for “Fools Parade” by Trumpeter Swan.