1. People will promise to never leave you. They will. It’s okay to be sad when they do.
2. It is always okay to cry. Always. Find a bathroom, bury your face in your pillow, and let it out. Cry in the shower. Cry in the car. Cry when you need to.
3. Boys will flirt with you for a while and then ignore you. Then, they will flirt with you some more. It will be confusing. You have every right to stop putting up with it.
4. Pay attention to what people say when they’re angry. When you make up and they tell you they didn’t mean any of it, know that they did. Also know that they wish they didn’t. Forgive them.
5. Never pretend to be someone you’re not. If you don’t like tea and classic novels, don’t act like you do to impress people. If you don’t want to wear leather jackets and combat boots, don’t wear them to please someone else.
6. People will be mean to you; they will spread lies, call you names, and talk about you behind your back. Eventually you will realize that it is petty and stupid and not worth your time. You’ll be right. Move on with your life.
7. Your friends will not always be there for you. When you really need to talk, they will sometimes not want to hear it. That’s okay. Take a deep breath and remember all the times you felt the same way. Exhale.
8. You will wait and wait and wait for your first kiss and your first date and your first relationship. The anticipation will kill you. You will keep trying to find the right person in everyone you meet. Relax. There’s no rush. The best things happen unplanned.
9. Enjoy being young. Love that everything is spontaneous. As you get older, things become more and more scheduled out. Embrace the fact that you aren’t there yet.
10. Tell people how you feel. It will be terrifying in some cases and gratifying in others. It will create relationships and ruin them. But speak your mind, even if your voice shakes, because your thoughts may never otherwise be heard.
11. Sleep. If you go to bed late, sleep in. If you’re still tired when you wake up, go back to bed. If you can’t stay awake during the day, take a nap. Sleeping is a foolproof way of getting rid of your problems for a little while. Utilize it.
12. Talk to people. Talk to your sister about the guy she likes. Talk to your mom about her childhood. Talk to your dad about his favorite books. Talk to your grandparents about their families. Talk to your friends, talk to your pets, talk to the cute waitress at the restaurant. Learn things from them. Be inspired.
13. Always bring a sweater. Even if you think it won’t be cold.
14. Try new things. Eat a new food, try a new kind of juice, switch up the way you dress. You never know what you might end up loving. Life can get boring. Mix it up a bit.
15. Take care of yourself. Wash your hair with that good smelling soap you love. Eat fruits and vegetables. Drink lots of water. Go for long walks in pretty parks.
16. School is important. Try your hardest. If you don’t get something, ask for help. Do your homework. Show your teachers that you’re willing to work hard, and when it comes time to apply to colleges, you’ll be glad you did.
17. There will always be someone prettier, smarter, funnier, or more popular than you. The beauty of it is that it isn’t a competition.
Headcanons for Keith and pidge friendship <333 pleeaassee
Always!!! I love these two partners in crime and technically-not-illegal mischief.
Obviously they both love aliens and cryptids and they can’t wait to get back to Earth so that they can show each other all of their conspiracy notebooks and boards.
Pidge has a whole collection of notebooks dedicated to finding her brother but she doesn’t mention that.
They both love really terrible horror/alien movies, like they thrive off of that stuff. It’s their lifeblood. When they do get back they marathon all of the ones they can think of and they’re holed up in the room for a week straight.
Lance is #done. “None of you touch me until you take like three baths you guys are so dirty why would you do this to me.”
Keith hugs him immediately and Lance screams.
Pidge sleeps in his bed for like an hour but she doesn’t tell him and when he comes to her screaming about germs and personal space later that night she’s stunned, like, holy shit it’s the princess and the pea all over again.
She calls him a prince for the next week and Lance knows she’s making fun of him but he doesn’t know why.
One time they go on a mission together and Allura has to rescue them from the space cops. She has to do a lot of talking to get them out and even then the cops insist.
“We could take them off of your hands.” “No, you don’t understand, they are our hands.”
They never go on a mission together again because Allura is livid.
They both like black licorice even though everyone else threatens to disown them.
Every once in a while they get so excited that they’re meeting a bunch of aliens all the time and living their dreams.
Keith’s just, “And they told me I couldn’t become an alien when I grew up.”
When they arrive back to earth they hijack the castle’s speakers and scream “Fuck the Garrison” repeatedly until Shiro and Allura find them.
They are both gay and trans and they bond over this and talk about how nice it is up in space where no one gives a fuck who you love or what you call yourself.
They are such good friends and they always make plans to hang out when they’re living back on Earth.