There you sat, looking across the quad. He never seemed to really be enthralled in conversations at his table. Always looked like he had other things on his mind. Maybe he followed the herd, but there always seemed more to him. There was more to Reggie Mantle.
Your back was against a tree, slowly picking at your lunch while reading a book. Your continuous lunchtime routine. It was easier to not have friends. No drama, no worries about being something you weren’t. Lonely maybe but it could have been worse. You were just too different for most people, you felt older in a way. As if you knew that there was much more than typical high school drama waiting for you in years to come. While others, like Chuck - who sat beside Reggie, thrived on their high school experience, you looked forward to a life of your own beyond the one with your family. The family that didn’t really feel like one.
You heard a giggle. Your eyes drew to another table. A table filled with friends and lovers who seemed to have it all together. A friendly blonde with a brutish outsider and a red head football star with a raven haired city girl. While you wondered what it would be like to have that, someone to get you, you figured that you weren’t one to be noticed.
You read a few more pages until you heard Chuck making remarks to Cheryl as she passed by. You saw Reggie’s face - it seemed a little mad in a way. That he didn’t reciprocate Chuck’s approach to women. He tried looking away and caught your eye. You gave a breath and went back to your book. No, there was nothing to look forward to besides the future.
It bothers me that in any mention of the devil and satanic worshipers people immediately think of punk rock, piercing, ripped jeans, cat callers, cars driving by with music on blast, heavy drinkers, goths, people with nerves of steel, mo-hawks, and rebelling teens with sharp eyeliner.
We’ve wasted far too much time explaining that Satanism has nothing to do with kidnapping, drug abuse, child molestation, animal or child sacrifice, or any number of other acts that idiots, hysterics or opportunists would like to credit us with. Satanism is a life-loving, rational philosophy that millions of people adhere to (consciously or not).
Like please, people who support the satanic commandments have to fit a stereotype.
(Side note: We also wear pink flowery dresses, and like listening to soft, gentle music, dancing in a field of flowers and singing loudly in the shower (poorly and alone), or just generally fit the conventional form of ‘normal’ or being a ‘sweet person’. I don’t have to look a certain way to be a certain way.)
Also, please know what Satanism is about.
Look at the Satanic rules for instance:
Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked.
Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.
When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.
If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.
Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.
Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.
Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.
Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.
Do not harm little children.
Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.
When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.
Look at the sins:
Stupidity The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.
Pretentiousness Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.
Solipsism Can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.
Self-deceit It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!
Herd Conformity That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.
Lack of Perspective Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.
Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.
Counterproductive Pride That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.
Lack of Aesthetics This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing—it’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.
And the Nine Satanic Statements:
Satan represents indulgence instead of abstinence!
Satan represents vital existence instead of spiritual pipe dreams!
Satan represents undefiled wisdom instead of hypocritical self-deceit!
Satan represents kindness to those who deserve it instead of love wasted on ingrates!
Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek!
Satan represents responsibility to the responsible instead of concern for psychic vampires!
Satan represents man as just another animal, sometimes better, more often worse than those that walk on all-fours, who, because of his “divine spiritual and intellectual development,” has become the most vicious animal of all!
Satan represents all of the so-called sins, as they all lead to physical, mental, or emotional gratification!
Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years!
Aries quality - will stand up for you or themselves, does not tolerate shit, self-assured, bold, loyal, caring, protective of friends/family
Aries flaw - overly aggressive, confrontational, and argumentative, provocative, unempathetic and unsympathetic, volatile, perceives sadness as weakness, will go too far to prove dominance/boldness/etc. Taurus quality - chill,honest, hard to fight with, relaxing presence, relatable, funny, fashionable, doesn’t follow the herd, good taste
Taurus flaw - overly judgmental/critical, prone to superiority complex, stuck in their opinions
Gemini quality - adaptable, easy to talk to and befriend, unargumentative, polite, agreeable Gemini flaw - can act fake, ignorant, can inadvertently offend people, appear shallow, doesn’t think about the consequences of actions/decisions Cancer quality - intelligent, is good at making people feel better, is honest without being offensive, tolerant, makes effort to not hurt people, empathetic Cancer flaw - can either be clingy or make others feel clingy, turns everything into a debate, puts up with too much shit from others/doesn’t stand up for themselves, too easily offended Leo quality - sympathetic, very loyal, very caring, self-assured, projects confidence, ambitious, not lazy Leo flaw - self-centered, insecure, plays with other’s emotions to boost own esteem, manipulative, talks unnecessary shit Virgo quality - attentive, ambitious, driven, honest, considers details, puts in a lot of effort, not lazy, works hard, tries their best, wants the best for friends and family Virgo flaw - repressed emotions, prone to outbursts of misplaced rage and anger, takes stress out on family, overly critical of others, obsessive, overly perfectionist Libra quality - nice, humorous, friendly, good communicators, analytical, can understand people’s emotions and psyches/why they do things, balanced, empathetic, fun, fashionable, diplomatic Libra flaw - overly defensive/sensitive, indecisive, argumentative, places self-esteem in superficial matters of popularity, unsympathetic, prone to extreme mood swings/overpowered by their emotions, can be lazy Scorpio quality - doesn’t follow herd, intriguing, humorous, intellectual, fashionable, loyal and very committed, caring, supportive, always there for you Scorpio flaw - moody, bitter, can worsen your mood, overly judgmental, superiority complex, untrustworthy, grudge-holders, does too many things just for the aesthetic Sagittarius quality - very honest, confident, bold, very witty/funny, fashionable, stands up for themselves and their friends, does not put up with shit, sees things how they are Sagittarius flaw - very abrasive, can be rude, too blunt, can be mean/offensive, sometimes annoying, unsympathetic, unempathetic Capricorn quality - very driven, very ambitious, very hard-working, pays attention to detail, motivated, often successful, rational, logical, inoffensive, levelheaded, sensible Capricorn flaw - way too serious, repressive, bottles up emotions, detached, impersonal, difficulty making friends, forming bonds, and connecting with people, unempathetic Aquarius quality - intellectual, very funny, likable, relatable, adventurous, very chill, unafraid, up for anything, individualistic, easy to hang out with Aquarius flaw - unsympathetic, unempathetic, detached, unemotional, disloyal, can’t commit, difficulty maintaining friendships/relationships for long periods, copes unhealthily, abandonment issues, can be mean/cruel/deceptive Pisces quality - very sympathetic, VERY empathetic, good listener, imaginative, creative, optimistic, gives good advice, good at cheering people up, kind, inoffensive, very intuitive Pisces flaw - doesn’t stand up for themselves/others, overly sensitive, too easily hurt, naive, unrealistic, overpowered by emotions, can be lazy, can’t see things as they are, oblivious
Goliaths are large, rugged humanoids that inhabit the tallest, most inhospitable mountain ranges, higher than even most dwarves find tolerable. These daring nomads follow herds of wild sheep and other game up and down the mountain slopes, fearlessly braving cliffs and ledges to survive.
Standing 7 to 8 feet tall, goliaths are large, muscular people with pale gray skin covered in darker patterns and dotted with bony growths called lithoderms. Goliath women typically have long black hair, while male goliaths are usually hairless. Goliaths take pride in their body markings, and prefer light clothing that shows off as much skin as possible. Although they are a spartan people, many goliaths wear jewelry such as ear, nose, or brow rings.
Goliaths push themselves to the point of foolhardiness, competing against their clanmates and their own past achievements. Competition is the heart of goliath culture, ranging from friendly games like races and tug-of-war to deadly serious attempts to prove themselves best at combat. Just as important is the concept of a level playing ground, and goliaths look down on other races’ kings and lords who hoard wealth without having earned it. Goliaths who cannot or will not push themselves this way are seen as lazy and useless and face exile. A few such exiles become adventurers; most die in the wild. Few goliaths reach old age.
Goliaths can be found in mountain ranges throughout Golarion’s northern hemisphere, from Varisia to Casmaron to Tian Xia, but their homeland is thought to be the Rimethirst Mountains between Avistan and the Crown of the World. This forbidding range is home to the only known goliath city in the world: Thella-Lu, in the Plain of Standing Stones. This sprawling tent city’s population fluctuates constantly as nomadic goliath clans come and go, trading dwarven or giantcraft goods and engaging in every conceivable sport and game.
I noticed the use of sheep and lambs in the game and I was thinking about the what Bendy's cartoons would've been like. I just started thinking that maybe sheep are the easiest for Bendy to trick? idk I think cartoon sheep might be pretty gullible.
I don’t think it’s because sheep are easy for Bendy to fool specifically, but more what sheep can mean in storytelling and culture. ‘Sheep’ can be used as a negative connotation, first of all. To call someone a sheep means they follow the herd without question, or any independent thought.
Sheep and lambs also have biblical and religious references, and since we’re dealing with a guy who wants to sacrifice you to an ink demon, I’m gonna guess that’s more the context the game is leaning towards. In some verses of the bible, metaphors about a Shepard and his sheep are often used to describe God and the people who follow, with the metaphor being that of someone who provides guidance and protection. During the story of Moses, before the 10th plague falls over Egypt (a plague which will kill every first born child), Moses is instructed by god, to tell the Israelites to sacrifice a lamb, and spread its blood above their doors, to ensure that the plague does not enter their house. Lamb and livestock were also options that were used as sacrifice in paganism.
I also read a bit about how there was Votive offerings - which are objects specifically designed as an offering to gain the favor of supernatural beings. If a lot of this is sounding familiar, it’s because of what we saw in Chapter 1 - which was the desk objects that Joey had his employees donate in order to “appease the gods”. In this particular case, Sammy is trying to sacrifice Henry to appease his “god”, which he believes to be Bendy. It succeeded in getting him noticed, but it sure didn’t earn him any favors.
Villa orders some brandy, not because he wants it, but because everyone is having it. It’s one of the things he has learned over the years, and one he still hates himself for. Do as everyone does, try to fit in, follow the herd. It’s how it works in this world, and he tries, but he still feels like a black sheep that just won’t hide in the herd, no matter what it does. “Your brandy, sir,” he hears Silva’s voice and looks up. Silva’s smile is as anchoring and calming as ever. Villa takes the glass from him and his fingers brush against the younger man’s. Silva doesn’t startle, he doesn’t even blink. “Tell me something,” Villa says in a voice so low that nobody else can hear him. The other men are tangled in some important politics-related conversation with Manuel Neuer anyway. “Are you my guardian angel?” There’s a hint of blush on Silva’s face and then he narrows his eyes. “Maybe I would like to be,” he says and leaves the room, leaving Villa dizzy with more than the heavy smoke-filled air.
Okay, I’ve been around in the MBTI/Typology community on tumblr since before February of the 2013 and, to say the least, I’ve witnessed many strange and bizarre things. Nevertheless, I’ve also noticed some changes and progress over the years.
• At first, there were nearly no sensors around and what you’d often see were intuitives believing they were geniuses for being able to grasp personality theory. “All sensors are probably too busy with their stupid lives.”
• “MY TYPE IS BETTER THAN YOURS!!!!!” You can still come across this, but at least more of us know how silly this is.
• “Thinkers are horrible people!” And “Feelers ARE DUMB!” Classic. We’re over this, right?
• “Functions?!?!? What’s that!? That’s too complex!” Indeed they can be scary at first, but it’s pleasant to see so many people now have a profound and accurate understanding of them and can explain them well.
• “Fi is the most selfish function of all and it will never be anything else! I HATE FI USERS!!!!!” And “Look at all those Fe users caught in groupthink, following the herd and falling off the cliff!!!” Not always the case. We now know that.
• @myersandbriggs is not as active as they once were, but from the beginning, they were a relief to me for they regularly posted quality content from different sources that helped us be more and better informed. They built a huge database that you can visit and easily find much about anything MBTI-related.
• “LOL, why would you bother with the Enneagram!?! MBTI is obviously superior and anyone not fitting the typical descriptions of their MBTI type is clearly defective and will never make it anywhere!” Thank goodness it’s more common knowledge now that the Enneagram plays a big role in the personality and looks into what MBTI doesn’t.
• @eilamona made a blog that not only has many cute, smart and funny MBTI interactions, but also many articles that keep us from using MBTI as an excuse to be terrible people or to remain in terrible situations.
• “I can’t stand people of this type because of what I read or people I’ve met, so I come here to continually spread my disgust and hate as though they’re all the same and all deserve to know how awful I believe they are!” This keeps happening but is now more countered.
• “Oh, look at this evil character with a plan. Must be INTJ.” And “Look at this character that’s obviously Ni dom, Te aux and so on. But they’re not evil or physically useless. Type them ISFP or something else.” One of my biggest frustrations, but oh well. You can find a few non-villainous fictional INTJs in the pile.
• “You cannot possibly be the type you claim to be, you ignorant wannabe!” Mistypes happen, yes. But the narrow understanding of type and aggression to tell others what their type is or isn’t seems to have lessened.
• “ENFPxINTJ are the OTP! They’d be incomplete and never grow without each other! ENFPs and INTJs shouldn’t waste their time in relationships with other types! Let the ENFP puke a rainbow on you, stoic INTJ, and make your life wonderful at last!” Admittedly, I’m grateful for a few of the ENFPs in my life (high school friend, second mother, tumblr mutuals) and I’ve seen a few happy ENFPxINTJ couples that are lovely. I have enriching intellectual conversations or moral support with ENFPs from time to time. But honestly, in my case, most of the time I need to take a nap after an hour or so of listening to them, so it’s quite unlikely that we’d work as closer partners. Point is, recommended type pairings are not for everyone!
• We have ISTJs around and they’re much more than how they were often painted. Type descriptions found online can be very unrelatable and cause mistyping (ISTJ I’ve known for years couldn’t relate much to them either). @intj-confessions is an ISTJ blogger and I always liked her blog because of its straightforwardness and humor. I appreciate her down-to-earth anecdotes and practical advice. Plus she’s no-nonsense and calls us out on our bullshit.
• People stereotyping and shitposting like those are the facts. But lately, I’m often seeing more posts that explicitly point out that they’re using stereotypes and are shitposting so they don’t mislead the audience. Thank you for this.
• Things have gotten much more crowded and louder, which has its cons, but it also means there’s more diversity and more you can find to break out of preconceptions.
No, but you’re telling me that Orsino couldn’t find some way to get more mages out of the Gallows? Or just the final battle as Meredith was going to Annul the Gallows? That, on the way back with Hawke on their side, that he didn’t grab onto who he could and push them into empty houses and shout orders for them to trade their robes for normal clothes so the guards would take them for civilians and evacuate them? That he didn’t defend those near alleys with locks he could break and shuffle groups through and tell them to run out of the city and keep going– to not stop until they couldn’t see Kirkwall over their shoulders– and then raising a wall of earth over the gate so Templars could not follow? That he didn’t herd weeping apprentices toward the Alienage, in chaos as it was, his contacts shaken but willing, and hoped that they’d be safe with his fellows? That he took the strongest of his enchaters with him and sent the others to round up those still in the city and find the people that couldn’t defend themselves, round them up and get them on boats out of the Gallows?
You mean to tell me he didn’t know, deep inside himself, that even if the Champion took his side, even if they went and they fought, even if he fell back to the Gallows and stood– that they would all be marked? You mean to tell me that he wanted his people, the people he suffered and worked for years for, to return to the Gallows when he knew they would be killed either way?
I think Varric didn’t know. I think Varric didn’t know, because he didn’t see. He didn’t see Orsino arriving ahead of time and loading children and the elderly into boats and sending them away. Trying with the fire of fighting at his back, knowing what was coming, to keep them safe. Varric didn’t see Orsino knowingly dwindling their numbers so more would live, because they had already lost enough in the streets to Meredith. To their own hands. To despair. To Templars that were drunk on their power forcing the issue.
I will never, though, never believe that Orsino became what Varric tells Cassandra he does. Orsino is a rational, clever, logical and very protective man. He stands with his people and, were he winning against Meredith’s people– nothing would stop him from continuing that push to finish the fight and get the rest out. Especially so if the Champion is on his side. There is one thing more that convinces me of this.
Varric lies. He lies to many people– especially to people he doesn’t like and Cassandra is not high up on his approval list.
Orsino would not have abandoned his people like that, damnit.
To all who have reblog and support for that callout post of me, claiming as far that I’m a Nazi supporter, just because I disagree with all these promoting using violence against the people you’re disagree with..
You should be ashamed of yourself. You have stay in the fandoms for so long and you have not learn any past experiences of other artists who have been called out, been labeled a lot of stupid shit just because they have their own opinions on certain things. I saw a lot of su artists that I used to respect, almost all turns against me, you even reblog and support this bullying without even know what I am trying to point out.
Also the screenshots of those arguments are incomplete, the OP of the callout post just choose whetever convinient to them in our arguements and use them to claim that I’m a Nazi supporter (although the arguments I have there didn’t really clearly state that I’m a Nazi lol). You can look back at my twitter to look at the full arguement for all I care, you might agree/disagree me, this is just an opinion and it is debatable. I don’t have to tell you who’s right and wrong, I believe all of you have brain to think by yourself instead of blindlessly claiming I’m this ‘inserts labels’ like a bunch of sheeps.
Also that OP has left out the racist slurs used against me(they deleted it once I pointed them out), supports unreasonable statement saying its okay to stop people from a thing from happening even though you don’t even know it will happen, a threatening message of making a callout post and keeps on spamming strawmens aka the nazi’s and hitler mess to attack my original statement.
Apparently they also have DELETE the comments/reblogs whoever disagree with them in the callout post. What a biased move there. Are you afraid of those comments that make people thinks not like you hmmm?
Will these stop me from liking stuff, hella no..I will keep drawing whatever hell I like. Tagged that callout into the ship tag I love for calling out the communities to spread rumors about me is a cowardly move. This has prove nothing but it did proves that the OP of the callout post is an online bully who wants to cause harrassement towards an artist for having an opinion, bravo. I also see a lot of people who support that callout post, you called yourself a tolerant one and yet you shuts everyone who disagree with you without a reasonable reason. This seems a big hypocrite to me.
Lastly, thank you to everyone who has supported me through this. You might agree/disagree with me, but I don’t care about that now. But you have shown me that you are not blindly follow the rumors like a herds of sheeps. I, thank you all for that.
1. Stupidity—The top of the list for Satanic Sins. The Cardinal Sin of Satanism. It’s too bad that stupidity isn’t painful. Ignorance is one thing, but our society thrives increasingly on stupidity. It depends on people going along with whatever they are told. The media promotes a cultivated stupidity as a posture that is not only acceptable but laudable. Satanists must learn to see through the tricks and cannot afford to be stupid.
2. Pretentiousness—Empty posturing can be most irritating and isn’t applying the cardinal rules of Lesser Magic. On equal footing with stupidity for what keeps the money in circulation these days. Everyone’s made to feel like a big shot, whether they can come up with the goods or not.
3.SolipsismProjection—Can be very dangerous for Satanists. Projecting your reactions, responses and sensibilities onto someone who is probably far less attuned than you are. It is the mistake of expecting people to give you the same consideration, courtesy and respect that you naturally give them. They won’t. Instead, Satanists must strive to apply the dictum of “Do unto others as they do unto you.” It’s work for most of us and requires constant vigilance lest you slip into a comfortable illusion of everyone being like you. As has been said, certain utopias would be ideal in a nation of philosophers, but unfortunately (or perhaps fortunately, from a Machiavellian standpoint) we are far from that point.
4. Self-deceit—It’s in the “Nine Satanic Statements” but deserves to be repeated here. Another cardinal sin. We must not pay homage to any of the sacred cows presented to us, including the roles we are expected to play ourselves. The only time self-deceit should be entered into is when it’s fun, and with awareness. But then, it’s not self-deceit!
5. Herd Conformity—That’s obvious from a Satanic stance. It’s all right to conform to a person’s wishes, if it ultimately benefits you. But only fools follow along with the herd, letting an impersonal entity dictate to you. The key is to choose a master wisely instead of being enslaved by the whims of the many.
6. Lack of Perspective—Again, this one can lead to a lot of pain for a Satanist. You must never lose sight of who and what you are, and what a threat you can be, by your very existence. We are making history right now, every day. Always keep the wider historical and social picture in mind. That is an important key to both Lesser and Greater Magic. See the patterns and fit things together as you want the pieces to fall into place. Do not be swayed by herd constraints—know that you are working on another level entirely from the rest of the world.
7. Forgetfulness of Past Orthodoxies—Be aware that this is one of the keys to brainwashing people into accepting something new and different, when in reality it’s something that was once widely accepted but is now presented in a new package. We are expected to rave about the genius of the creator and forget the original. This makes for a disposable society.
8. Counterproductive Pride—That first word is important. Pride is great up to the point you begin to throw out the baby with the bathwater. The rule of Satanism is: if it works for you, great. When it stops working for you, when you’ve painted yourself into a corner and the only way out is to say, I’m sorry, I made a mistake, I wish we could compromise somehow, then do it.
9. Lack of Aesthetics—This is the physical application of the Balance Factor. Aesthetics is important in Lesser Magic and should be cultivated. It is obvious that no one can collect any money off classical standards of beauty and form most of the time so they are discouraged in a consumer society, but an eye for beauty, for balance, is an essential Satanic tool and must be applied for greatest magical effectiveness. It’s not what’s supposed to be pleasing—it’s what is. Aesthetics is a personal thing, reflective of one’s own nature, but there are universally pleasing and harmonious configurations that should not be denied.
10. Solipsism—The real world DOES exist. Granted, a large portion of the perceived world is invented by your brain, but that’s based on data from the real world. Anyone who thinks they’re the only person in the world, and that they create 100% of reality, is a delusional fool.
11. Ignorance of ignorance - It can be very dangerous to not be mindful of the ignorance of other people, especially children. This is related to “solipsism” and “projection,” but is different because not only might you be projecting your own abilities and knowledge onto someone who is differently abled and not as knowledgeable as you, but refusal to acknowledge your ignorance of someone’s ignorance can easily become stupidity. And trying to raise children while constantly expecting them to be as able and knowledgeable as you are is not only stupidity, but is often cruelty.
12. Neuotypical-centrism - Never assume that someone can do something you can just because “everyone” can. The brain is a self-programming computer prone to programming errors and hardware defects, neither of which can be fixed at this point in time. The mind is a function of the meat, and if something is wrong with the meat, something will be wrong with the mind. Mental disabilities are far more difficult to work around than physical ones. Have patience and compassion with people different from you, but also don’t treat them like idiot children, either.
13. Over-Lording/Cult-Leading - This is what I’m calling the opposite of herd conformity; it’s when you bring people in with your charisma and - either intentionally or not - start manipulating them into becoming your own little herd of sheep, with you as their shepherd.
14. Pointless Judgmentalism - Hating someone simply because they have a different belief or preference than you, on something inconsequential, is pointless and wasteful judgmentalism. What difference does it make what someone chooses to eat or not to eat?(1) What difference does it make if someone believes in God or not, as long as they aren’t forcing their beliefs on you or acting like a complete jackass to you about it? Why do you care that someone likes to take a cock up the arse, as long as they aren’t forcing you to watch or participate in something inappropriate? As the Wiccans say, “An ye harm none, do what ye will.”
15. Modeltheism - When you hold on so tightly to your beliefs, or to your model of the way the world works or should work, that you take on a mentality that all must convert to your way of thinking or else be killed or treated like the scum of the earth, that’s modeltheism. Anyone can fall victim to this parasitic notion, from hard-core Christians to atheists to Satanists, and can be applied to political stances or even taste preferences (LOTS of modeltheists in the music fandom). And because modeltheism tends to make its hosts close-minded, arrogant, and often times make them fall victim to the sin of stupidity, it is a sin to be very wary of indeed.
1 = Yes, I go off on certain kinds of people a lot, such as vegans, but my beef is not with vegans in general, rather with the 14th sin, Modeltheism. My ire in such cases is always directed at modeltheistic vegans/others.
all i’m doing is adding to the population of this earth. i am not contributing in any way. i am merely just existing. following the herd. it’s quite sad. everyday is the same old cycle, same old routine. i don’t know how to live in any other way.