Hit ‘em ‘ard and hit ‘em low!
More akin to an airborne plague of locusts than a proper squadron in the eyes of the Imperium, Reapa Skwadron is a rag-tag group of Ork attack aircraft that have managed to become somewhat proficient in not crashing* every sortie, enough to become a credible threat. Their ranks include an eclectic collection of aircraft, including:
- Da Thundabolt, the current skwadron command craft.
- Da Blitza, a strike bomber equipped with heavy ‘boom bomms’.
- Jagtoof, the former skwadron command craft. A rare breed of Dakkajet with a turret.
- Zog Off!, ‘Mad’ Zoggins’ personal death machine. Prone to ramming things its guns can’t damage, to varying effect.
- Da MiG, the skwadron’s ‘yoof’, yet to acquire kills in battle.
- Da Krimsun Komet, Big Mek Wagznabul’s magnum opus and personal Wazbom Blastajet.
- Orkbird**, a Voidraven looted in unknown circumstances, though the pilot looks suspiciously like a Kommando…
- Flamin’ Mork, a Burna Bommer so haphazardly made that not even the Mekboys know how the thing works properly.
- Da Flyin’ Wing, a looted Necron
Croissant Night Scythe turned into a fast Blitza Bommer.
- ‘elldiva, another Blitza Bommer, distinguished by its ‘U’ shaped tail.
- Flamebelcha, a Burna Bommer, juuust about visible at the back of the last picture (I ran out of uploads).
They’re not all finished by any stretch, and you’ve all seen the Blastajet before. Nevertheless, here’s the Orky Air Horde in all its magnificence. The group shots are from a mass Aeronautica game where I formed an entire team by myself, and promptly lost horribly because of Tau Barracuda shenanigans and the fact that Ork airplanes are made of wet paper.
*Excluding when landing.
**A reference to the Arkbird, not the Orkney Islands as someone once suggested.