The Will of the People choose Trump to be President in 2016 and I, as an individual, can’t do much about that.
But as an individual, there are things I can do.
- I can be kinder to those around me, infusing goodness back into the country one person at a time.
- I can vote to support local government initiatives to make small but important changes where possible in my own community.
- I can volunteer and donate to charities, to promote acts of goodness and human decency.
- I can help educate people so that ignorance and fear does not take future elections.
- I can give my strength to those around me when they need it.
- I can work with fellow citizens to protest laws and actions that do not and should not define our country.
- I can encourage tolerance and acceptance in those around me.
- I can write my government representatives to tell them what I want from them as my stewards in government.
But most importantly, I can get up tomorrow and know that Trump and his flunkies cannot take Hope for the future from me.
They can’t take Hope from anyone not willing to give it up. That’s one victory you can deny them.