🌾September Magic Tips🌾
🥔Produce In Season🥔
apples, apricots, bilberries, butternut squash, blackberries, beetroot, blueberries, cabbage, clams, cod, crab, chicory, cob nut, cucumbers, figs, fennel, flounder, greengages, garlic, gray mullet, kohlrabi, leeks, lobster, new potatoes, onions, potatoes, plums, pumpkin, pears, oysters, salmon, swiss chard, sweet corn, spinach, turnips, tomatoes, watercress
🍄Wild Foods In Season🍄
beech nuts, bilberry, black mustard, blackberry, crab apples, cherry plums, comfrey, dandelion roots, damsons, elderberries, grouse, hare, hawthorn berries, hawthorn, hazelnut, hops, horseradish, jack-by-the-hedge, juniper, mallard, poppy, rowan berries, rosehips, marsh samphire, sea beet, sea blight, teal, truffles, venison, wild rabbit, wild mushrooms, wild mint, wild plums, wild strawberry
- Mabon is September 22 and is the second harvest, symbols include corn dolly, bread, cornucopia, nuts, acorns, and leaves.
- The Full Moon is September 6th and is known as the Harvest Moon but also goes by the Corn Moon and Singing Moon.
- Sycamore and Chestnut are the symbolic trees, marigold, dahlias, and loosestrife are the flowers, chamomile and oregano are the herbs.
- Colors for September are orange, deep red, and brown.
🔮Witchy Ways To Celebrate September🔮
- This is a good time for protection spells, bringing security and balance in all things; returning to the Earth.
- Decorate your home and altar with seed heads, berries, and fallen autumn leaves. Burn cinnamon and sage incenses and use orange and red flowers in your decoration. A set of scales or weights can also be used to signify the time of balance.
- Work with trees in September
(all the time).Collection acorns and make simple garlands to hang in the trees as offerings.
- Cook with autumn berries or fruits that I listed previously! Start to make simple soups to celebrate autumn bounty and the change in season. I’ll personally be posting more recipes soon!
- Leave offerings for the spirits of the hedgegrow or your harvest gods to thank them for their bounty.