CHOCOLATE + BANANA ICE CREAM SANDWICHES By @goodeatings 💛
Recipe: Makes 8 sandwiches
TIME: 30 min + cooling time
1/3 cup apple sauce
1 tbsp milled flax seed
½ cup coconut sugar
2 tbsp maple syrup
1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
1 cup brown rice flour (or flour of choice)
½ cup unsweetened cocoa or cacao
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp vanilla powder
2 ½ cup frozen banana chunks
2 ½ tbsp coconut cream
½ tsp vanilla powder (or more)
How to make:
1. Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius.
2. Combine apple sauce and milled flaxseeds and let gel together for roughly 10-15 min.
3. Stir coconut sugar, melted coconut oil and maple syrup together until combined.
4. Sift flour, cacao, baking powder and vanilla powder together in a separate bowl.
5. Add flax and apple gel into wet sugar and oil mixture and combine well before adding dry ingredients in three stages mixing well in between.
6. Let cookie dough set in fridge until mouldable and then roll into 16 equal balls.
7. Flatten the balls into roughly ½ cm thick rounds on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
8. Bake in the oven for 15 min before letting them cool completely.
9. Ones the cookies have cooled off make the ice cream by adding the coconut cream and vanilla powder to a high speed blender or food processor and start blending.
10. As the blender/processor runs start adding your frozen banana chunks and keep adding and blending until it forms a thick banana ice cream.
11. Plop a dollop of banana ice cream onto a biscuit and then place anothe biscuit on top and press down until the ice cream spreads (see video).
12. Keep in the freezer and defrost for roughly 10-15 min before enjoying. #LetsCookVegan
To stop hair loss you'll probably want to start taking either fish oil, flaxseed oil, or heck, both. They really help your hair grow in shinier, thicker and faster, and also do wonders for your nails. Stay safe love!