Thousands of volunteers worked overnight to prepare for Balloonfest ‘86. Due to the threat of inclement weather, the balloons were released earlier than planned.
Sadly, what goes up, must come down…
which caused a hell of a lot of problems. Rain caused the balloons to fall before they could spread out, which caused the closing of an airport runway, spooked some prize-winning horses, and created what the Coast Guard crew
called an “asteroid field” of debris that prevented them from spotting the drowning fisherman.
Money was raised, a world records was set, children were delighted, people were entertained, people were sued, people were killed, and millions of burst balloons eventually littered the ground. But for charity!
There’s a ‘Time Capsule Apartment" in Paris that once belonged to a woman who fled during WWII to escape the Nazi raid. She continued to pay rent but never returned, ultimately causing her heirs to discover an apartment full of treasures that had gone completely untouched for 70 years.
Flashback Friday to one of my most popular images, when I did a shoot with the super talented @harisnukem
Love to shot with you again buddy.
#flashbackfriday #fbf #tattoo #tattoos #tattooed #tattooedguys #tattooedmen #tattooedmodel #model #malemodel #modelswithtattoos #modelswithbeards #modelling #beard #beards #bearded #beardedguys #beardedmen #beardsandtattoos #beardedmodel #slickedhair #slickedbackhair #mustache #mustaches
So another popular Joker cosplayer recently shared his opinion that he hates “fat” people and that people who might be overweight shouldn’t cosplay outside their body type, and if they do, they should know that any compliments they receive are essentially out of pity. While I respect this other Joker for his costume/makeup abilities, there is no way that that’s ok. As people might know, I used to be 120 lbs heavier when I started cosplaying Joker. Most people were supportive, but there were a ton of comments like “Chubby Joker”, “Penguin Joker”, etc. These comments do nothing but tear down the other person’s good time and for what reason? How does it hurt you that they might be enjoying themselves? It’s fine holding yourself to a high standard, but when you start to judge others by your standards, you just become a jerk. People, just cosplay what makes you happy and don’t let people ruin things for you. Trust me, there’s no right or wrong way to be a fan. #joker #jokercosplay #harleyquinn #cosplay #acceptance #batman #overweight #flashbackfriday #fbf #flashback #weightloss #clownprinceofcrime #positivity #cosplayer #dccomics #comics #motivation #havefun
10 Home Alone 2 Facts That Will (Hopefully) Give You Tim Curry’s Evil Grin Right in Front of Your Family
1. Director Chris Columbus said filming the sequel was a lot more difficult to shoot than the first film, especially the airport scenes, because Macaulay Culkin’s new-found celebrity required extra protection from fans and paparazzi.
2. The Plaza’s real phone number was used in the film, and reservations went through the roof after the movie’s release. The hotel later offered Home Alone 2 packages to guests. For $1,100 a night, families could stay in Suite 411, aka the “Kevin Suite.”
3. Joe Pesci said kids would give him their addresses because they wanted him to rob their houses.
4. After one scene, Macaulay Culkin asked Joe Pesci why he never smiled. Pesci told him to shut up. At the time, Pesci said, “He’s pampered a lot by a lot of people, but not me. And I think he likes that.”
5. Daniel Stern (Marv) said John Hughes’ Home Alone scripts described each moment in great detail, and that reading them made him laugh out loud because it was like watching the movie.
6. All of the children from the Duncan’s Toy Chest scene in Home Alone 2 were told to take their favorite toy home as part of their salary…
…and Macaulay Culkin was allowed to keep the Talkboy, even though it didn’t actually work.
7. Several of the cameras froze during production of the film because it was so cold.
8. Stunt coordinator Freddie Hice said working on the movie was like “going to a party every day,“ and that it had "some of the hardest action-adventure sequences I ever worked on.”
9. Catherine O’Hara was worried her character wasn’t trying hard enough to find Kevin, so scenes were added to show her concern.
10. Kevin’s room service bill indicates that he ordered two chocolate cakes, six chocolate mousses with chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry ice cream topped with M&M’s, chocolate sprinkles, cherries, nuts, marshmallows, caramel syrup, chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, whipped cream, and bananas, six custard flans, a pastry cart, eight strawberry tarts, and 36 chocolate-covered strawberries.