If you are considering meeting up with someone online use this trick to identify who really are who they claim to be:
1. Ask them to Skype
2. If they refuse or can’t for some reason ask for a current selfie
3. If they also refuse or can’t do not meet up with them
4. If they provide one ask them to send another with them holding 3 fingers up
5. If they refuse read step 3
6. If they provide a selfie where they show 3 fingers they are probably for real
(If you’re still unconvinced try again with them drawing something in their hand)
I SAY THIS FOR YOUR OWN SAFETY
please spread this message as more and more young people are lured out into situations where they get kidnapped because they weren’t 100% sure the person they were talking to was real.
Signs that people are ignorant and neglective pet owners
• when you tell them they’re doing something wrong in a polite manner, their first response is to tell you to “fuck off” or “shut up”
• when you offer them resources or information that could help them, they tell you that they “know how to take care of their pet” and that they’re taking care of their pet “their way”
• they believe that any person that views the way they house their pet as less than ideal is unnecessarily targeting and attacking them
• when they start to wonder why their pet is ill and lethargic and a person tells them it’s because they’re living in an unhealthy environment, they ignore the other person’s (or people’s) facts and information, try to excuse the problems with the way their pet is living with stuff like “i don’t have enough room” or “i don’t have the time to do all that”, and try to solve the problem through methods that do not work unless the pet is in an environment where it is able to recover and heal
• their pet(s)’s health and environment are viewed as things that would inconvenience their lives if they were to improve for the better. i.e. them upgrading from a vase to an actual aquarium would take up to much room and make too much noise
• they see people who maintain their pet(s)’s happiness and health through keeping them in the proper environment as “extra” ✨
• they call neglecting their pet their own “style of pet-keeping”
feel free to reblog and add some signs you’ve seen before
this is your yearly reminder that animals are not toys. they are a huge commitment. even small pets like hamsters and fish can be expensive and require a lot of work. if you’re planning to get someone a pet as a gift this holiday season, please only do so if you’re 100% sure that they are willing and able to take responsibility for the well-being of a living thing, potentially for years or even decades.
Taiwan has now banned eating cat and dog meat, which is wonderful! But it also means Western meat-eaters are going to be celebrating. Whilst they continue to put animals who are just as innocent and wonderful as cats and dogs through exactly the same horrific things. I guess what I’m trying to say here is that we still have a long, long way to go.