I have found my new go to healthy meal; Tilapia fish tacos with creamy fish sauce. It’s delicious, easy but most of all healthy! Each taco is around 135 calories (and that’s including the fish sauce) and packed with flavor! I’ve eaten these for dinner 3 days in a row now!
Those bags of individually packaged frozen tilapia fillets are great for this recipe and who doesn’t have one of those in their freezer?
Tilapia Fish Tacos
2 (4oz) tilapia fillets
2 Tbls Mrs. Dash Fiesta Lime Seasoning
1 Tbls Extra Virgin Olive Oil (optional)
5 Yellow Corn Tortillas (small)
2 cups Cole Slaw mix
1. Heat oil in skillet to med-high heat
2. Rub Mrs. Dash seasoning on both sides of tilapia fillets.
3. Cook tilapia in skillet until it flakes apart in the middle (about 4 minutes on each side)
4. Put cooked tilapia on a plate or bowl and cut into smaller pieces
5. In a separate skillet, heat (on medium heat) each tortilla for 15 seconds on each side to get them nice and soft; set aside
½ cup light mayo
½ cup light sour cream
1 lime (juiced)
1 Tbls minced capers
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp oregano
½ tsp dill weed
½ tsp red pepper flakes
1. Mix all ingredients in a bowl and chill. I recommend making it the night before so the flavors have time to blend.
Layer each tortilla with the tilapia, cole slaw mix and sauce. Recipe yields 5 tacos. Fish sauce comes out to about 20 tablespoons; each being about 23 calories.