do you ever think about Julian Bashir’s tract record with travel/vacations? especially including post canon novels? (spoilers ahead)
1. That ridiculous Risa vacay.
2. Kidnapped by S31. Um. Tortured.
3. Went to a medical conference with S31, got tortured by some Romulans.
4. Was going on legitimately going on vacay, got recruited by S31, had to stop a genetically enhanced dictator wannabe, saw dead clones of himself, had to pretend this was a vacation.
5. Went to Trill to break up with his girlfriend. How relaxing.
6. left DS9 for the first time in god knows how long…to go spying on the Breen homeworld for Starfleet Intelligence. Had to kill a bunch of civilians for the greater good. (His commanding officer knows what was up, but he basically had to pretend that was chill - and probably a medical conference or vacay - to everyone else)
7. Had a week of shore leave on Bajor with his new girlyfriend, then AS SOON AS HE GOT BACK gets sucked into Federation Politics and becomes a wanted criminal and saves a planet (with medical knowledge).
8. On the run (for different reasons dear lord). Brought to Cardassia in a trauma induced catatonic state.
I think the fair conclusion to this saga is Bashir just settling on Cardassia permanently because travel is not his thing. You’re cursed, dude. Cursed.