Hi💕💕💕💕 I just started with my Bullet journal,any ideas of what spreads i can do? Other than the normal monthly and weekly logs
Ok I’m really sorry this was supposed to just be a simple list of some pages for a bullet journal and it turned into this
Bujo basics (see more bujo masterposts at the bottom):
- what is a bullet journal? (video)
- how to bullet journal (video)
- official bullet journal website
- a blog post about bullet journaling
Here’s some basic bujo advice that I can’t back up because I’ve never had one:
- use pencil first if you’re trying our a new format (and just in general because you never know when you’ll make mistakes).
- stick to a limited color palette (preferably lighter colors) if your worried about how it will look.
- be realistic about how much you can do; if you’re not a good artist, don’t make the focus point of your spread a huge elaborate drawing.
- don’t beat yourself up over mistakes you make. only you have to see your bujo so it’s really not the end of the world if you mess up a bit.
- Leuchtturm1917 (the official bullet journaling notebook)
- Rhodia Webnotebook
- Dotted Moleskine
- Essentials Grid-Lined notebook
- Baron Fig Confident notebook
- a cute infographic breaking down 4 of these notebooks
Just a tip: there are 4 main kinds of notebooks - lined, dotted, gridded, and blank. I only linked dotted notebooks above, but those brands also made other notebooks so they shouldn’t be too hard to find.
- lined notebooks are good for when your bujo is writing-heavy (so if it’s also functioning as a journal).
- dotted notebooks are probably what you see most often because they’re so versatile. they’re great for both writing and more doodle heavy bujos (but if you have trouble writing in a straight line they probably aren’t for you).
- gridded notebooks are great if your a perfectionist because they make it super easy to draw straight lines.
- blank notebooks are what you want to use if your bujo will be very art focused.
- Staedler fineliners (colored pens)
- Stabilo fineliners (more colored pens)
- Muji gel pens (black)
- Muji gel pens (colored)
- Pilot G-2 0.5mm pens (my personal faves)
- Pilot Juice pens (colored)
these are just some pens that are popular in the studyblr community, but you can literally use any pen (or pencil) that you want. any pens that you already have in you house are fine, so please don’t go out and buy any of these just for your bujo!
here are some stationary websites & brands!
- stationary masterpost
- stationary websites masterpost
- style your journal
- huge stationary masterpost (this one’s awesome)
if you don’t want to go through all those links, here are the most popular places to get stationary!
you’ll generally have four types of spreads: daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly. people have a combination of the for (daily and monthly; weekly and monthly; weekly, monthly, and yearly).
- EXTRA: some resolutions that you can track in your daily log
Page ideas (what the ask was really about):
- bullet journaling masterpost (this is the most comprehensive)
- a guide to bullet journaling (the pages section)
- comprehensive bullet journal masterpost (pages section)
- my masterpost of masterposts (bujo section)
- what to do with notebooks (just adapt them for your bujo)
- some cool bujos (any inspiration you might need)
- my bullet journaling tag (more inspiration)
- bullet journal basics masterpost (more pages and a few tips and tricks)
- EXTRA: (a lot of) themes for your bujo
the above is where bullet journals get even more customizable. you can add whatever pages you want to your bujo, usually in front or behind your weekly spreads.
An extra section:
some specifics about what you can add to your bujo if you want it to look great
- calligraphy swatch
- calligraphy practice printable
- faux calligraphy guide
- ***my header tag
- the outline font
- font sheet
- sunbeam font
- all of studypetals font sheets
- all of studypetals doodle sheets
- all of studypetals banner sheets
- plant doodles
- more doodles (video)
- literally just google “studyblr doodles”
- EXTRA: a lot of quotes
Some more bullet journaling masterposts:
- bullet journaling masterpost (this one’s super comprehensive)
- guide to bullet journals
- online bullet journals
- starting a bullet journal
- masterpost of bullet journals
- guide to bullet journals
People with AMAZING bujos:
- @studywithinspo *
- @sprouht-studies *
- @stillstudies *
- @productivityplant *
- @studytherin *
- @studyfulltime *
- @sweetlighttriumph *
*people with really cool layouts great for inspiration