This time I’m not tilting my head up to observe the horizon for the next sign of trouble. I’m not waiting for the first drop of rain to kiss my cheek and to trail my jawline. I’m not waiting for lightning to strike or thunder to crack, or for the clouds to change from innocent white to destructice grey.
This time I’m not waiting for you to hold my broken pieces together. I’m not waiting for you to heal what others have torn apart. I’m not waiting to choke on my fear, on smoke spreading in my mouth, on water filling my lungs, on blood roaring in my ears.
This time I’m not scared. Maybe letting you see beneath my armour, letting you see who I am will be enough to get me to stop expecting the worst of falling in love. Maybe this time it will be less like falling and crashing and burning, and more like coming home. This time will be different.
If Kylo Ren gets redeemed, he'll probably die in the process.
No he won't.
Why, so your ship can be canon?
BECAUSE GENERAL LEIA ORGANA SOLO HAS ALREADY GONE THROUGH THE PLANET THAT WAS HER HOME WITH ALL HER FRIENDS AND FAMILY BEING DESTROYED, HER ONE TRUE LOVE RETURNING TO HER AND DYING 2 SECONDS LATER, AND HER DRAMA QUEEN BROTHER PISSING OFF AT THE FIRST SIGN OF TROUBLE LEAVING THE DEFENCE OF THE GALAXY FROM EVIL SPACE NAZIS SOLEY TO HER, SHE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LOSE HER ONLY CHILD, IN WHOM SHE STILL SEES LIGHT AND GOODNESS. Forget the shipping, do it for Leia.
get to know me:favourite movies
→ 500 days of summer
“Do you ever do this, you think back on all the times you’ve had with someone and you just replay it in your head over and over again and you look for those first signs of trouble?”
The idea of Harry being a professor or a Quidditch player or an ice cream shop owner is enticing. After a decade of non-stop psychological trauma, Harry deserves the quiet life of a professor or the glamorous life of a Quidditch player or the simple life of a shop owner. Hell, he deserves to spend the rest of his life lying on a secluded beach with a drink in his hand.
And Harry could be perfectly happy on a beach or in a classroom. Until the first sign that some new dark wizard was stirring up trouble. Until he happened across a suspicious death at a muggle home. Until he heard about an ex-Death Eater hiding out somewhere near Hogsmeade.
Because Harry, for better or for worse, needs to protect the people around him. There’s a reason he mentions wanting to be an Auror no less than 10 times in 3 years.
How many times over the course of the series did Harry feel compelled to handle an issue himself rather than hand it off to someone with more experience?
Harry will never be the kind of person willing to sit back and watch others put themselves in danger. He needs to be there, needs to be involved in the investigation if not leading the effort.
And make no mistake, even with Voldemort gone, there will always be people willing to fill the void (be they neo-Death Eaters or completely new threats).
And when those people come along, Harry won’t be content to read about them in the Daily Prophet.
So as much as we might wish that Harry could live out his days on a quiet beach or in a packed Quidditch stadium, it simply doesn’t make sense for Harry’s character.
See, their morals, their code… it’s a bad joke. Dropped at the first sign of trouble. They’re only as good as the world allows them to be. I’ll show you, when the chips are down, these… these civilized people? They’ll eat each other. See, I’m not a monster, I’m just ahead of the curve.
― (500) Days of Summer (2009) Tom: Do you ever do this, you think back on all the times you’ve had with someone, and you just replay it in your head over and over again, and you look for those first signs of trouble?
[to Bruce] Don't talk like you're one of them! You're not...even if you'd like to be. To them you're just a freak, like me. They need you right now, but when they don't they'll cast you out, like a leper. See, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you—when the chips are down, these, ah, "civilized people"? They'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve.
<b><p></b> <b><p></b> <b></b> Continues after Riley realizes her feelings for Farkle.<p/><b>Location:</b> Riley's bedroom.<p/><b></b> Riley is sitting at her bay window. Lucas sits next to her. She doesn't look at him.<p/><b>Riley:</b> We need to talk.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> This sounds serious.<p/><b></b> Riley turns to face him.<p/><b>Riley:</b> What are we to you?<p/><b>Lucas:</b> What do you mean?<p/><b>Riley:</b> What are we?<p/><b>Lucas:</b> We are boyfriend and girlfriend.<p/><b>Riley:</b> (turns away from him) Are we? Didn't we breakup at the first sign of trouble?<p/><b>Lucas:</b> We did what we thought we had to. Now the problem's fixed.<p/><b>Riley:</b> (plays with her hands) So that automatically means we are back together?<p/><b>Lucas:</b> I just assumed we are still together. We never talk about what will happen.<p/><b></b> Riley stands up and faces him.<p/><b>Riley:</b> That's our problem. We don't talk. We act like we do. Sometimes I feel like...I feel like...<p/><b>Lucas:</b> What?<p/><b>Riley:</b> (starts to cry) I feel like we don't belong together.<p/><b></b> Lucas stands up and comforts Riley.<p/><b>Riley:</b> (moves away) Please don't. This is hard enough for me already.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> I'm sorry.<p/><b>Riley:</b> Don't apologize. This is all on me.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> (sits down) No it's not. You're right. We don't talk about things. We both try to ignore any problems. It's on both of us, not just you.<p/><b>Riley:</b> That's not my only problem.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> What do you mean by that?<p/><b>Riley:</b> Please don't hate me.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> I could never.<p/><b>Riley:</b> I may have feelings for someone else. I'm still trying to sort out my feelings.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> How long?<p/><b>Riley:</b> I seriously don't know. It just came to me and then I realized it could had been a while but I didn't know it. I don't want to hurt you, but it's not fair to you if we're in a relationship and I have feelings for someone else. I still love you. That didn't change.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> (stands up) I love you too. I can't blame you for having feelings for someone else. If i did, I would be the biggest hypocrite.<p/><b>Riley:</b> Why?<p/><b>Lucas:</b> Because I may have feelings for someone else too.<p/><b>Riley:</b> Oh. Is it Maya?<p/><b>Lucas:</b> (looks down) Yeah. I try to stop having feelings for her when I asked you to be my girlfriend. But I just couldn't turn off my feelings for her. I'm sorry.<p/><b>Riley:</b> It's ok. I'm in the same boat. My aunt Morgan told me that we can't control our feelings, but we can control how we handle them.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> (looks at Riley) Where do we go from here?<p/><b>Riley:</b> I guess....we break up for good.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> I'm glad that you were my first girlfriend.<p/><b>Riley:</b> I'm glad that you were my first boyfriend.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> Friends?<p/><b>Riley:</b> Best friends forever.<p/><b></b> They hug each other.<p/><b></b> Riley sits at the bay window. Riley is crying. Lucas starts to leave and then looks at Riley. He walks back to the bay window and sits down. He puts his arm around her.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> Tell me what's wrong?<p/><b>Riley:</b> Are you sure you want to know? We just broke up.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> Relationship us broke up. Best friends us will always be here.<p/><b>Riley:</b> Remember I told you about having feelings for someone else?<p/><b>Lucas:</b> Yes. What's wrong?<p/><b>Riley:</b> He's in a relationship with another girl.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> Oh. It's Farkle.<p/><b>Riley:</b> How did you know?<p/><b>Lucas:</b> You and Farkle have a deep connection. There are moments that I've seen between you.<p/><b>Riley:</b> I'm sorry.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> Don't apologize. I know you wouldn't hurt me intentionally. And Farkle wouldn't hurt Smackle intentionally. Sometimes our feelings for someone are stronger than we thought. So what are you going to do?<p/><b>Riley:</b> I can't tell him. I'm not going to be the reason that they break up. I could never forgive myself. I won't forgive myself for hurting you.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> You can't keep your feelings from him. You don't lie to each other. I want you to forgive yourself for us. It's nobody's fault.<p/><b>Riley:</b> Why are you so understanding?<p/><b>Lucas:</b> Because you're one of my best friends and I want you to be happy.<p/><b>Riley:</b> I want you happy too. You should tell Maya how you feel.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> I don't know.<p/><b>Riley:</b> You have my blessing. And if Maya questions that, tell her to talk to me.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> How do you know Maya would even feel the same way?<p/><b>Riley:</b> I just do.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> You have my blessing to tell Farkle when the time's right.<p/><b>Riley:</b> Thanks. But it won't be any time soon. I need some time alone.<p/><b></b> Riley kisses Lucas on the cheek. Riley stands up.<p/><b>Riley:</b> Thank you.<p/><b>Lucas:</b> For what?<p/><b>Riley:</b> Everything.<p/><b></b> Riley leaves her room. She walks through the living room and exits the front door. She walks to the roof. She sits on the bench. She looks at the sky. She hears footsteps.<p/><b>Farkle:</b> Riley?<p/><b>Riley:</b> (turns around) Hi Farkle. Why aren't you with Smackle?<p/><b>Farkle:</b> Zay's teaching her ballet. But that's not important. What's wrong?<p/><b>Riley:</b> I don't want to talk about it.<p/><b></b> Farkle walks to Riley and sits next to her. He puts his arm around her and she rests her head on his shoulder.<p/><b>Farkle:</b> We'll talk when you're ready. We can just sit here and look at the stars.<p/><b>Riley:</b> Lucas and I broke up.<p/><b>Farkle:</b> Are you ok?<p/><b>Riley:</b> I'll be eventually.<p/><b></b> Farkle rubs her back.<p/><b>Farkle:</b> I'm sorry. I'm here for you.<p/><b>Riley:</b> Thanks.<p/><b>Farkle:</b> What happened?<p/><b>Riley:</b> We just grew apart. But we are still friends.<p/><b>Farkle:</b> That's good.<p/><b>Riley:</b> Yeah.<p/><b>Farkle:</b> If you want to cry, you can.<p/><b>Riley:</b> I think I cry enough for today, but thanks.<p/><b>Farkle:</b> I love you Riley.<p/><b>Riley:</b> I love you too Farkle.<p/><b></b> They stare at the stars.<p/><b></b> The end.<p/></p><p/></p><p/></p>
I don’t normally do these things, but I’ve been seething lately and I figured it would be good to get it off my chest cuz it’s not like I’m going to make a video about it
So there was this small undertale movie project that I joined, and the first sign of trouble was that the only voice actor I’ve ever had a problem with was in this group. I won’t name him, but me and this voice actor had a falling out because he bullied this poor kid to the point that he tried to commit suicide, then called him delusional and manipulative. I didn’t want anything to do with that, and then he proceeded to call me delusional and manipulative.
Anyways, about a month passes and I come to the leader of the project because this voice actor is still smearing my name everywhere he has a chance to, so I told him the situation, what had happened and explained that we needed to at least put this to rest because it was making the whole group dynamic a mess.
He proceeded to insult me for about 45 minutes, calling me childish, manipulative, and then said very firmly that he was my BOSS, not colleague, boss, and that I was a garbage voice actor and I just ‘thought I was better than everyone else.”
He proceeded to make a public statement on his casting call that I was fired because I “insulted the boss” and was “manipulative”. I’ll post the screenshots on here if necessary to show that the whole time I’m just trying to have a conversation, and the kid keeps screaming insults at me. He also proceeded to say how everyone was working under him, not with him, so he has no respect for his people, and that just annoys me.
So I urge anyone in the voice acting community to stay away from this guy. I’ll just include this small screenshot here that I feel like sums up how he is:
So yeah, please stay away from this guy. He’s really an asshole, and I didn’t want to keep quiet about it lest he catch some other poor VA.
It’s funny to me how everyone automatically expects black kids to respect authority, when you have not provided them any real reward for doing so.
I feel like you really don’t teach them how the world really is, you don’t build any type of financial or social security for them. Then at the first sign of trouble you call the same racist cops that you don’t want called on us. I don’t get it anymore.
The ONLY time a police should be touching a minor, is if they have broken an actual law.
I have two options, I can freak about it now. Or wait to see how it plays out and see that the writers are not that dumb. We all know Jay loves Erin since season 1. And they survived all of Erin’s past and people from her past, I’m sure the can survive someone from jays past. I think this will be really dumb if they break up over another woman. I want them to work out their relationship instead of breaking up when first sign of trouble comes. And this just comes out of left field. If they can survive bunny and people from her past I’m sure they can survive anything from Jay’s.
“You see, their morals, their code, it’s a bad joke. Dropped at the first
sign of trouble. They’re only as good as the world allows them to be.
I’ll show you. When the chips are down, these… these ‘civilized people’,
they’ll eat each other. See, I’m not a monster. I’m just ahead of the
okay CONSIDER andreil fighting people together, taking punches for each other and becoming this really efficient, zero tolerance force of nature
- Andrew isn’t gonna stop taking care of people, and he’s a reactor, he goes for the jugular at the first sign of trouble, right? Neil def hasn’t changed that, he hasn’t leashed him, and he certainly wouldn’t ask him to stop fighting (it’s a big part of the reason Neil loves him, actually)
- But what if he like… started to anticipate Andrew’s reactions, started to have his back just as aggressively as Andrew has his. What if Andrew fought one guy and Neil took the other, what if they were orbiting, covering each other’s blind spots, them vs the world
- andreil as a two-headed thing with the benefit of both knives and blinding speed, brute force and passion
- they would be unstoppable
- and no one would take them seriously at first, this 5’ and change couple with pretty faces, but they’ve probably hospitalized dozens, and their reputation starts to precede them
- It probably started out with like Aaron getting harassed at the bar by a drunk or something, and Andrew gets up to kick someone’s face in — but Neil’s on him, crowding into his space, muttering about 3 strikes and the last time he got arrested here. Andrew’s barely hearing him, he can’t believe Neil’s even trying to get in his way
- But Neil was only tagging him out, and as soon as Andrew’s distracted, Neil punches the drunk fucker sideways, their weight taking a table out so they go sprawling out into the dance floor. Andrew’s stunned for all of a second, and then he’s in the fray, swiping at goons and letting Neil lead him in a sort of dance around the violence, slipping intervening hands and sidestepping the bouncer when he gets close
- they’re wild with adrenaline when they burst out into the night, hands shaking, eyes bright (they probably make out a little, I don’t make the rules)
- it becomes a thing
- their thing
- protecting their own as a pair (it’s their couples activity), maybe training with Renee or Matt, whoever’s free
- training with each other !! It probably ends sweatier and sexier than they intended, the thrill of a scrap, the bigger thrill of working out tension without Kevin barking orders
- they become that team that other ppl resent, super in tune with each other’s fighting styles and Exy styles. They’ve brawled and played together enough that they’re always aware of the other person, Andrew making up what Neil lacks and vice versa
- not to mention they’re also like. In love. They know how to move together
- it’s also super therapeutic for Neil, it’s the chance to physically show the foxes what he’d do for them, and prove to Andrew that he’s at his side no matter what (literally no matter fucking what, if Andrew needs to bury a body, Neil’s unquestionably there)
- not to mention like, Neil literally always wanted to fight instead of run, and now he never backs down or packs a bag, he knows Andrew’s somewhere at his side always, always
- it’s also the sharing of a burden Andrew has held up his whole life, a break from the ceaseless war in which he was the only one on his own side
- (and then there were 2) he’s secretly so relieved he could cry, this is another thing they can share, another thing that isn’t just his to burn away for
- Neil covers one side of the violence, takes half the pain without complaint, and he says all the things that Andrew wants to say; he is just as quick verbally as he is physically
- Andrew probably wants to marry him
- They never look for trouble, but they’re always ready for it, and if they hear a homophobic slur or catcall in their vicinity they light up like they’re fucking superheroes