Hi Ann, look at what you’ve done. Thank you for the pain.
1. “I used Corruption because I trusted you”. All this scene is sort of heartbreaking. Chuuya trusts Dazai so much it physically pains me. He hasn’t used Corruption in FOUR YEARS, and then Dazai comes and says “let’s do it like the old times” / “yes, why not, I’ll just put my life in your hands like I did countless of times despite the fact that you betrayed me and I haven’t heard from you in FOUR FRIGGING YEARS and I could literally die in front of your eyes”. WHO DOES THAT????????? Chuuya Nakahara, apparently. That being said, I can’t believe my favorite skk moment is also the moment that makes me raging THE MOST. Of course I’m still outrageously bitter because Dazai literally called him partner, folded his clothes (yes, I’m bringing back the vintage receipts here), washed his face from the blood and then…left him there??? WHAT THE FUCK DAZAI???
2. When they pull the power couple aesthetic. When they actually work together as a team, they are mesmerizing to watch. You can see that the roots of their partnership are still there, that they know each other so much that sometimes they don’t even need words to communicate. They are not Soukoku for nothing, after all.
3. When Chuuya fake killed Dazai (aka, Soukoku in a nutshell). Ah this is such a powerful moment, the cherry on top of a scene where Dazai did everything he could to push Chuuya on the verge of murder, just to see him almost doing it. I can’t help but think how liberating this gesture must have been for Chuuya, he finally let out a little bit of his frustration (that’s why he was there in the first place. After four years he’s still bugged by him, he still wants some sort of revenge, he still needs a closure Dazai is not willing to give him). But that’s it. You can say you’ll kill him all you want, my little Chuuya, but will you really? I don’t think so, because you care and love him so much it’s almost painful to watch. And if you, Dazai, could stop toying with him every chance you get, I’d really appreciate it. Thank you very much.
4. Every time Dazai reminds Chuuya that he knows everything about him. Tell us more about those moves and those thrusts Dazai, we’re all ears.
5. DORKS. First of all, I want Dazai saying “CHUUUYAAAAAA” as the sound people hear passing next to my grave. Second. I feel so robbed because in the manga Dazai actually laugh his ass off at Chuuya’s “little rich girl” impression.
- bonus: all the official art involving them is a blessing sent from the gods, I think that Bones ships them as much as we do if not more (remember the park date one? HONESTLY). But there’s one that has has a special place in my heart:
LISTEN. L I S T E N. I could talk about this art literally for two days straight because ??? You can try to convince me all you want, but this is made to be somehow romantic. Look at the way Dazai is tilting his chin up, it looks like he’s waiting for a kiss. And Chuuya is looking in our direction but if he was to look down he’ll be right above Dazai’s lips and ???? WHAT THE FUCK??? Not to mention what’s probably the most fucked up thing here that is THE FLOWERS. It’s a Camellia Japonica, or Japanese Quince, and they are the symbol of love, temptation, passion and deep desire. That’s it y’all. I’m out. I don’t even know what to say anymore. Soukoku might not be canon, but sure as hell they are baiting it…a lot.
There are many things to celebrate in my blogger’s life… the return of Broadchurch, the 2 year anniversary of this silly blog, and the fact that almost 600 (when did this happen?) of you amazing people are following my ramblings.
In order to celebrate I am kicking off the official “Chibbers Read The Fic” Bingo. Clearly, Chibbers has been spying on all of us fic writers and is attempting to put as many Broadchurch fanfic tropes into the show as possible (this is a scientifically proven fact - fight me on it). We shall use this splendid opportunity to play bingo. I created a set of bingo cards with common fic tropes which show up in actual fic (i.e. Ellie calls Hardy an insult, they hug etc.). We will be watching the show and marking all the tropes we find.
Here are the rules:
Players must be following this obsessive Alec Hardy enthusiast
To participate reblog this post and I’ll message you the image of your card
Watch Series 3 (all episodes including 1), enjoy, and mark all the fic tropes you find
I will be keeping track myself and make posts with the tropes identified after every episode
If you get 5 in a row, column, or diagonally, tell me (I will check your card) and you’ll win
THERE ARE PRIZES (Alec Hardy mugs from @jem-scribbles Redbubble store and/or a medium length prompt fic from me) (must be willing to give me your address to get the mug)
Alternatively you can use it as a drinking game if that’s your thing (lol)
THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING OUT THERE AND SO SUPPORTIVE. LOVE YOU ALL!!! I hope you enjoy the game.