dusky pink or mustard yellow? bean bag or hammock? seaside towns or neon cities? milkshake or smoothie? misty forest mornings or warm pool-side evenings? violin or acoustic guitar? fairground or fireworks show? stripes or florals? ladybugs or butterflies? maple syrup or honey?
• any target • churches in texas • abandoned 7/11’s • your bedroom at 5 am • hospitals at midnight • warehouses that smell like dust • lighthouses with lights that don’t work anymore • empty parking lots • ponds and lakes in suburban neighborhoods • rooftops in the early morning • inside a dark cabinet
• playgrounds at night • rest stops on highways • deep in the mountains
• early in the morning wherever it’s just snowed • trails by the highway just out of earshot of traffic • schools during breaks • those little beaches right next to ferry docks • bowling alleys
• unfamiliar McDonalds’s on long road trips • your friends living room once everybody but you is asleep • laundromats at midnight
• galeries in art museums that are empty except for you • the lighting section of home depot • stairwells • hospital waiting rooms • airports from midnight to 7am • bathrooms in small concert venues
• cemeteries • abandoned penitentiaries • hilltops at night in full moonlight • most of Japan • empty barns • marshes • really anywhere quiet at midnight, the air vibrates • old stones and henge • the ocean when it’s still quiet with fog over it • train tracks that go through the middle of the woods • bridges • ancient places • stands of old growth forest • the Eastern Sierras/high desert
• rabbit paths off hiking tails • trails between the main ski hills • winter twilight • back allies between houses • logging roads • dirt roads on fall evenings with leaves falling off the trees • libraries before closing • anyplace where it’s snowing before sunrise • the woods during a rainstorm
• roads covered with snow with trees on the sideways while snowflakes are falling out of the sky • train stations after 10 PM • outside, right before a massive storm • the woods just after twilight • the beach in winter • the bottom of swimming pools • empty beaches when its snowing
• back part of a library • late night empty streets • highways late at night • windy roads • windy roads at night when you can only see the immediate road • abandoned parking lots (office buildings, homes) • anywhere immediately after a really bad fight • little towns late at night when no ones awake and the only lights on are the street posts
• empty buses before sunrise/after sunset • being the only one outside in the early morning when its almost dark and you feel alone on earth • mountains with a big forest close to it • being alone in a spot in ikea • the lakeside anytime between 2 and 6 am • firework shows when you’re sitting on the grass • staring up at very tall buildings • the tram at a big airport • abandoned house by a lake
• being the only one downstairs on christmas • stepping outside in the early morning when it has just snowed • when its dark and you see snowflakes falling down in the light of a lamppost on the lonely road • that one clear spot in the forest with trees surrounding it • a parked car in a snow/thunderstorm • corn fields with the wind blowing over them • malls when they’re about to close for the night • woods at twilight/dawn • being on a train after midnight • theme parks at night
• winding back roads with rolling fog • seeing “open” signs when its really foggy and cloudy • being in a train that was crowded when you got in and now its quiet, looking at the seats knowing that there were people sitting there moments ago and now they’re gone • hiking trails that have nobody on them • being alone in an elevator for a few minutes • looking down at the forest when you’re standing somewhere high and seeing the top of the trees with fog lingering over them • the ferry about to take off in the middle of the night • tree houses • empty seats on the late night train • 4-6 am on a winter morning
• the clouds/damp coming out of your mouth when its really cold in the morning • stepping out on an unfamiliar metro/train stop • greenhouses that have been left to grow alone • cemeteries in the middle of fields • biking/walking on the main road when its dark without cars • swamps with fog • hotel corridors in the middle of the night • anywhere where you can hear a train whistle in the distance but you can’t see it or know just how far away it is • foggy mornings in a meadow • that flickering streetlight • working offices at midnight
• abandoned amusement parks • mirrors in an airplane bathroom • being alone in a church • empty hotel lobbies • hearing trains off in the distance especially at night • snow falling down in general • being in a place thats supposed to have a lot of people but it doesn’t • long, dark hallways • the middle of a park when its snowing • playgrounds at night • work/school when you’re snowed in • caves • a field of power lines • being in a forest where there are train tracks not knowing if the train may even ever approach • bonfires
• being in a different room than everyone else at a party • the woods on a night with a full moon • empty stables • empty metro stations that are usually crowded • gas stations on long mountain roads • the old part of a city when you’re the only one in the street • stadiums when a game or concert is over • entering a building with a really high ceiling • moonlight, anywhere
• empty tennis or baseball courts with limited lightning • times when you are transitioning from one phase to another • lodges in the snow • frozen water in the winter • a little lake in the middle of the forest • campus during summer • family gatherings • construction site after works have gone home • leaving a tent at midnight • lonely swings • overgrown fields • from twilight to dusk • farmland thats covered in the morning fog • suburban neighborhoods filled with tension and wind before a large summer thunderstorm • being at an abandoned place knowing that years ago at that exact same moment there were people • the feeling of being chased by someone/something • knowing you’re not alone in a certain place like a forest
this feeling is scary as FUCK it dawns upon you that something is so quiet or abandoned or empty and vacant that its like the universe forgot to make something happen in the one spotlike you found a glitch in real life like everything seems fake and unreal and real and not fake all at one and youre so confused
- Jason and Kim demanding that the group takes a picture at the castle
-Billy beating the fastpass system, so the group doesn’t wait in line for a single ride.
-They ride star tours five times….
-Trini running around with a Chewbacca backpack all day.
- Zack and Kim starting a lightsaber battle in tomorrowland and attracting a huge crowd
-Buddy system Trini and Kim, then Billy Jason and Zack
- All of them getting Mickey Ears in their respective ranger color
-Trini being the only one soaking wet after going on splash mountain…. They made her sit in the front.
-They get stuck on Pirates of the Caribbean. Zack gets five boats to sing pirates life for me.
- The group loses Billy and they start panicking until they notice a small crowd. Billy noticed a mama duck and her ducklings crossing from pond to pond and decided to help them cross.
- Billy having a rare collection of trader pins. Everyone wanting to trade with him until Jason shoos them off
-Trini kisses kim in their space mountain picture
-Zack passed out in the space mountain picture…. they were in Disneyland med for a half hour before they could go back into the park again
-Billy later buys the picture and has it framed above his bed.
- They ride the toy story ride, its turns into world war 3 inside. Jason talked the biggest game and ended up losing the worst with kim coming out on top. She claims she won in the name of feminism
- They go on the ferris wheel. Trini has a panic attack when they get to the top. The whole group reassures her its almost over. They all forget it goes around twice. She comes off the ride crying and clinging to Kim.
-They ride the little mermaid twice to calm her down.
-They make the mistake of taking her on tower of terror right after
-“Trini that’s the closest to being on top as you’ll ever be” “shove it kim, im not kissing you for a week”
- They make it a point to see the electric parade, They notice a group of kids behind them can’t see. They all have a kid on their shoulders afterwards.
-When the fireworks show starts Zack tears up. “Its just so beautiful”
-They notice afterwards Trini was crying too. “The person narrating the firework show was Julie Andrews….. DO YOU KNOW HOW SPECIAL SHE IS?!?!”
-They walk out of the park singing every Disney song the can think of. All of them singing a different song
-Billy falls asleep on Jason During the tram ride back
Since Golden Week in Japan has started I thought I’d make a quick list of the Japanese National Holidays. There are of course many other days throughout the year that people celebrate, but these are the ones that the government recognizes and the public offices are closed during.
There are two rules in place that apply to any current and future national holidays:
1. When a holiday falls on a Sunday the day after is a 振替休日 「ふりかえきゅうじつ」 “Substitute Holiday” and is also taken off
2. Any day between 2 other holidays is also taken of as a 国民の休日 「こくみんのきゅうじつ」 “Citizen’s Holiday”
元日 「がんじつ」New Year’s Day - January 1st
成人の日 「せいじんのひ」Coming of Age Day - Second Monday of January (January 9th 2017, January 8th 2018, January 14th 2019) This holiday is to celebrate/congratulate those who have reached the age of 20 and thus have entered adulthood. Ceremonies, similar to graduation ceremonies, are held across the country in which the boys dress in suits or hakama and the girls dress in colorful furisode.
2月 February 建国記念の日 「けんこくきねんのひ」National Foundation Day - February 11th This day celebrates the foundation of Japan and the beginning of the Emperor Jimmu’s reign (He is said to have reigned from February 11th 660 BC to April 9th 585 BC).
春分の日 「しゅんぶんのひ」 Vernal Equinox - March 20th or 21st (March 20th 2017, March 21st 2018, March 21st 2019) Many people use this day to visit family grave sites.
昭和の日 「しょうわのひ」Showa Day - April 29th This is the first day of Golden Week. This day is to honor the birthday and reign of Emperor Showa, who was head of state during WW2 and during the recovery period following the war. When the holiday was officially instated in 2007 it was noted that the day is for public reflection on the hardships of Emperor Showa’s reign, rather than a glorification of it.
憲法記念日 「けんぽうきねんび」Constitutional Memorial Day - May 3rd The current Japanese’s Constitution came into effect on May 3rd, 1947 and thus May 3rd is associated with the democracy of Japan and the current Japanese government.
みどりの日 「みどりのひ」Greenery Day - May 4th From 1989 to 2007 Greenery Day was on April 29th as a replacement for what had been the Emperor’s Birthday. However when Showa Day was created Greenery day was moved to May 4th partly because any day between two holidays was already a “Citizen’s Holiday” and thus it did not create any new days off in the public calendar.
こどもの日 「こどものひ」Children’s Day - May 5th (Last day of Golden week) Children’s Day is to celebrate the happiness and well-being of children. This holiday used to be referred to as “Boy’s Day,” but since 1948 has been recognized as a day to celebrate all children and their parents. Girl’s Day (also called Doll’s Day and Hinamatsuri, March 3rd) is still celebrated but has never been made into a public holiday.
There are no public holidays in June, which is probably for the best since it is the start of the rainy season.
海の日 「うみのひ」Marine Day - Third Monday of July (July 17th 2017, July 16th 2018 , July 15th 2019) A day to celebrate all that the seas provide and wish for the future prosperity of the ocean.
山の日 「やまのひ」Mountain Day - August 11th Once upon a time, in 2014, someone took a look at Marine Day and said “But what about the mountains???” And thus Mountain Day was created.**
**Not the actual origin story.
Legislation to recognize Mountain Day as a national holiday was passed in 2014 and was officially added to the calendars for 2016. The legislation refers to it as “A chance to become closer with the mountains and give thanks for their blessings”
敬老の日 「けいろうのひ」Respect for the Aged Day - Third Monday in September (September 18th 2017, September 17 2018, September 16 2019) A day to pay respect for those who have devoted themselves to the society for many years and to celebrate their longevity.
秋分の日 「しゅうぶんのひ」 Autumnal Equinox September 22nd or 23rd (September 23rd for 2017, 2018 and 2019) Many people use this day to visit family grave sites.
体育の日 「たいいくのひ」 Health and Sports Day - Second Monday of October (October 9th 2017, October 8th 2018 , October 14th 2019) This day is to promote an active lifestyle. Many local sporting events as well as school activities are held on this day. It also takes place during the time of year in which the weather is usually fair and thus best for outdoor activity.
文化の日 「ぶんかのひ」 Culture Day - November 3rd Culture Day is for promoting culture, art and academics. Many local governments host art exhibits or parades on this day.
勤労感謝の日 「きんろうかんしゃのひ」Labour Thanksgiving Day - November 23rd This is a day to recognize the efforts and production of the Japanese workforce. Probably the best known celebration on this day is a firework show held in Nagano.
天皇誕生日 「てんのうたんじょうび」The Emperor’s Birthday - December 23rd This holiday celebrates the birthday of the current Emperor and as such the date of it changes when a new Emperor takes the Chrysanthemum Throne. It is one of the few days when the general public are allowed to enter the grounds of the Imperial Palace for a public address.
I probably went a little too far with this, oh well. Although, this was probably one of my favorites i’ve written so far. Anyway, his was a request from an anon, hope you enjoy :)
Your boyfriend of one year, Jimin, decided for your anniversary he was going to take you to your favorite place, Disneyland. You two loved watching Disney movies together. You especially loved Beauty and the Beast and pretty much any princess movie. Jimin decide to even called you his princess. For your anniversary he made sure to get some time off so you two could spend a long weekend together.
so 2017 is a really big for finland since we turn 100 this year so they had this massive (by finnish standards at least) fireworks show in the city centre. Which song this they play during this amazing celebratory show, you may ask. The national anthem, perhaps? Wrong. they played sandstorm by darude. and darude was there himself playing it
So I went to Disney World the last week of 2016 and while I was there, I had a lot of time to think up silly AU’s while waiting in line and one of my favorites was this crowd au.
Basically, both Alfred and Arthur are visiting Disney World during it’s busiest time the week after Christmas and before New Years. Alfred is visiting with his brother Matthew, and they’re trying to ride as many rides as possible while Arthur who’s visiting with Kiku are working to meet as many characters as possible collecting autographs. During the course of the week, Alfred and Arthur keep running into each other and every time they do it’s due to some crowd activity: waiting in line for a ride, human traffic jams while traveling to their respected fast passes events, end up getting smushed to the side to make room for one of the Disney parades. Fireworks show, etc.
Each time they meet Alfred starts to chat up Arthur and they get to know each other / get crushes on each other long story short they meet up on their last night of their trip at the fireworks show at Magic Kingdom and confess and share a kiss.