*curtsies* hullo!! i was just wondering if i could get some book recommendations? right now i'm really interested in some classic adventure?something fun, i guess? kind of like lord of the rings or dumas?? thank you!!
*Curtsies* Okay so this could be a really long list but to limit myself to a handful:
- The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Emma Orczy
- Kidnapped and Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson
- believe it or not, Dracula, by Bram Stoker
- The Lost Horizon by James Hilton, kind of a forgotten classic but so important to the genre and the novel in general and totally worth resurrecting
- The Time Machine and The Island of Dr. Moreau by H. G. Wells
- pretty much anything by Jules Verne
- pretty much anything by Jack London, personally I’d recommend The Sea Wolf because it’s fucking outrageous
- Moby Dick by Herman Melville
- I hate Mark Twain but Tom Sawyer and Huckleberry Finn
- The Once and Future King by T. H. White
- getting a little more modern All the Pretty Horses and the rest of the border trilogy by Cormac McCarthy
And I haven’t actually read Ivanhoe or Robinson Crusoe yet but those would be options, too. Happy adventuring.